|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe The Junto?
(a) As if it were the setting in a dream.
(b) Almost as if it's alive.
(c) Without many concrete references.
(d) Without color or feeling.
2. Where does Lutie head after Mrs. Hedges has made her proposition?
(a) The movies.
(b) Jones' apartment.
(c) Junto's Bar and Grill.
(d) The Chandlers'.
3. How does Bub feel in his mother's presence?
4. What can the reader conclude is the profession of a pushcart man?
(a) A pushcart man sells junk.
(b) A pushcart man helps people move items from one place to another.
(c) A pushcart man tells people where they can find housing.
(d) A pushcart man sells hot food.
5. How was Mrs. Hedges affected by the fire?
(a) She vowed never to live alone again.
(b) She began having nightmares after her close friend died in the fire.
(c) She became deathly afraid of fire.
(d) She was badly scarred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bub ask Lutie if he can read while she's at The Casino?
2. What does Lutie do when Boots tries to put his arm around her waist as he prepares to leave her?
3. What does Bub contemplate while his mother is gone to sing for the orchestra members at The Casino?
4. What effect does Lutie have on Jones?
5. Why does Min think Jones kicked her in her bottom?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)