|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a job Jones has held?
(b) Lounge singer.
(d) Night watchman.
2. Which behaviors describe what Jones does in Lutie's apartment?
(a) He watches television and helps himself to a beer.
(b) He smells her lipstick, crushes her blouse in his hands, and imagines drying her with towel.
(c) He washes her dishes, makes her bed, and mops her floor.
(d) He fixes the light fixtures in her bathroom and checks the heating system.
3. How do the orchestra members react to Lutie when Boots introduces her?
(a) As if she were just another girl Boots had picked up.
(b) As if she were the most beautiful woman they'd ever seen.
(c) As if she were interrupting something.
(d) As if they were eager to get to know her.
4. What does Jones believe about the cross hanging over Min's bed?
(a) He believes that it is encouraging Min to leave him.
(b) He believes that it stands between him and Lutie.
(c) He believes that it is evil.
(d) He believes that it will cause him to die.
5. While in Connecticut, what valuable lesson does Lutie learn?
(a) "...Being rich is simple. It does not require much work at all."
(b) "...Not everyone can be rich. It requires a lot of hard work."
(c) "...anybody could be rich if he wanted to and worked hard enough and figured it out carefully enough."
(d) "...Black people will never be rich since it requires too much hard work and planning."
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mrs. Hedges affected by the fire?
2. What is the reader able to gather from Jones' disjointed thoughts as he rages about his encounter with Lutie and Mrs. Hedges?
3. What does Miss Rinner associate the school's smell with?
4. Why hasn't Lutie divorced Jim?
5. What prompts Lutie to recognize the dirt and grime in her apartment?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)