|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After waking up from her nightmare about Jones and the neighborhood, how does Lutie feel?
(a) She feels defeated.
(b) She feels a new resolve to move Bub into a better neighborhood.
(c) She feels trapped.
(d) She feels determined to go through with the end of her marriage.
2. Why hasn't Lutie divorced Jim?
(a) She can't find the time to file the paperwork.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) She does not believe in divorce.
(d) She can't afford it.
3. What saves Lutie from Boots' first exhibition of his sexual intentions?
(a) A stranger walks up to the car and asks for a ride.
(b) She begins crying frantically.
(c) She points out the time which reminds Boots he has someplace to be.
(d) She jumps out of the car screaming.
4. Why is Lutie so adamant about moving?
(a) Bub has been accepted to a new school.
(b) Lutie wants to get Bub away from Lil who drinks and smokes.
(c) Lutie has just received a raise and wants a bigger place.
(d) She hates her neighborhood.
5. What do Mrs. Chandler's mother and her white friends seem to believe about black women?
(a) They seem to think that black women are promiscuous and that white men sexually desire them.
(b) They seem to think that black women are hard workers who take great care of their families.
(c) They seem to think that black women are lazy and fail to complete the tasks assigned to them.
(d) They seem to think black women are trustworthy and deserve better pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of advice does Mrs. Hedges offer Min?
2. Which statement does the author use to describe the Chandlers' view of Lutie?
3. What does Lutie ask of Mrs. Pizzini?
4. What's wrong with Min's feet?
5. Why does Lutie visit Junto's?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)