|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the elderly women in the neighborhood feel about The Junto?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They think it is an important part of the community.
(c) They love it.
(d) They're indifferent to it.
2. What do Mrs. Chandler's mother and her white friends seem to believe about black women?
(a) They seem to think that black women are promiscuous and that white men sexually desire them.
(b) They seem to think black women are trustworthy and deserve better pay.
(c) They seem to think that black women are hard workers who take great care of their families.
(d) They seem to think that black women are lazy and fail to complete the tasks assigned to them.
3. As the story begins, what is Lutie looking at?
(a) Her reflection in a window.
(b) A house for sale.
(c) Children playing in the street.
(d) An apartment for rent.
4. What terrible event did Lutie witness on Christmas Day at the Chandlers'?
(a) She watched as the Chandler's son threw a temper tantrum over his Christmas gifts.
(b) She witnessed Mr. Chandler's brother shoot himself beside the Christmas tree while everyone was in the room.
(c) She witnessed Mrs. Chandler slap Mr. Chandler in the face.
(d) She watched Mr. Chandler fly into a drunken rage.
5. How does Min feel about Mrs. Hedges?
(a) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a nosy busybody.
(b) Min likes Mrs. Hedges.
(c) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a smart business woman.
(d) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a dangerous companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones feel about the possibility of Min leaving him?
2. What's wrong with Min's feet?
3. What has Lutie heard about Jim since leaving him at her former apartment?
4. How did Mrs. Hedges once embarrass Jones?
5. Why does Lutie visit Junto's?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)