|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author reveal about Min in chapter 5 that was previously unknown?
(a) Min hates Jones.
(b) Min may behave timidly, but she is aware of what is going on with Jones.
(c) Min wants to marry Jones.
(d) Min has been working in Mrs. Hedges's house of ill repute.
2. What does Lutie do when Boots tries to put his arm around her waist as he prepares to leave her?
(a) Pushes him away violently.
(b) Allows him to pull her close.
(c) Throws her head back and laughs.
(d) Smiles and tells him goodnight.
3. What did the letter from Lutie's father say?
(a) "Dear Lutie: You better come home. Lil has passed away and I need your help."
(b) "Dear Lutie: You better come home. Jim's been carrying on with another woman. Pop."
(c) "Dear Lutie: You better come home. Jim's found a job and there's no need for you to work so much anymore."
(d) "Dear Lutie: You better come home. Bub's grades are suffering since you've been gone.
4. What disturbs Lutie about the woman sitting at the open window at the apartment building?
(a) Lutie is disturbed by the woman's voice.
(b) Lutie is disturbed by the woman's eyes.
(c) Lutie is disturbed by the woman's laziness.
(d) Lutie is disturbed by the woman's brashness.
5. Which character is the first to be introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bub feel about the school lunches?
2. What does Lutie assume the super has done to the dog as she leaves the apartment?
3. Why does Lutie allow Boots to stalk her like mere prey when she's completely aware of his intentions?
4. From whose point of view is Chapter 5 written?
5. Where does Lutie head after Mrs. Hedges has made her proposition?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)