|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Granny, how do the meats in the butcher shop keep their fresh color?
(a) She says that the butchers freeze the meat nightly.
(b) She says that the butchers only display the freshest meat.
(c) She says that butchers in Harlem use embalming fluid to give the meat a nice fresh color.
(d) She says that the butchers use food coloring.
2. Why does Min think Jones kicked her in her bottom?
(a) Jones doesn't like the way Min looks as compared to Lutie.
(b) Jones thinks Min is stupid and can't get anything right.
(c) Jones is angry about his job.
(d) Jones is an evil man.
3. What does Lutie notice about the super as he writes out her receipt?
(a) She recognizes his many gray hairs.
(b) She recognizes that he struggles with writing it.
(c) She recognizes that his hand is shaking terribly.
(d) She recognizes that he has charged her too little.
4. Which behaviors describe what Jones does in Lutie's apartment?
(a) He watches television and helps himself to a beer.
(b) He fixes the light fixtures in her bathroom and checks the heating system.
(c) He washes her dishes, makes her bed, and mops her floor.
(d) He smells her lipstick, crushes her blouse in his hands, and imagines drying her with towel.
5. Which character is the first to be introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Hedges once embarrass Jones?
2. What did Lutie find when she entered her home after receiving her father's letter?
3. How does Min's preacher dismiss her concerns?
4. Why is Lutie so adamant about moving?
5. What proposition does Mrs. Hedges offer Lutie that causes Lutie to think, "If you live on this damn street you're supposed to want to earn a little extra money sleeping around nights"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)