|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones feel about the possibility of Min leaving him?
(a) He doesn't believe it will ever happen.
(b) He doesn't care too much about Min leaving him.
(c) He's happy to see her go.
(d) He hates the idea of Min leaving him.
2. What does Jones see in the bedroom that stops him in his tracks?
(a) He sees Min with a knife in her hand.
(b) He sees a cross hanging on the bed.
(c) He sees the dog.
(d) He sees the window ajar and Min throwing things through it.
3. How does Min feel about Mrs. Hedges?
(a) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a smart business woman.
(b) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a nosy busybody.
(c) Min likes Mrs. Hedges.
(d) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a dangerous companion.
4. What does Lutie notice about the super as he writes out her receipt?
(a) She recognizes that he struggles with writing it.
(b) She recognizes that he has charged her too little.
(c) She recognizes that his hand is shaking terribly.
(d) She recognizes his many gray hairs.
5. Which choice best illustrates the setting of the book?
(a) New York City on a cold and windy day in November of 1944.
(b) New York City on a stormy night in November of 1944.
(c) New York City on a hot and humid day in June of 1944.
(d) Brooklyn on a cold and windy day in November of 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from her visit with David, what does Min do differently at home?
2. How does Jones feel about Mrs. Hedges?
3. Which statement best describes Jones's emotions?
4. Which behaviors describe what Jones does in Lutie's apartment?
5. While in Connecticut, what valuable lesson does Lutie learn?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)