|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Chandler's mother and her white friends seem to believe about black women?
(a) They seem to think that black women are lazy and fail to complete the tasks assigned to them.
(b) They seem to think that black women are hard workers who take great care of their families.
(c) They seem to think that black women are promiscuous and that white men sexually desire them.
(d) They seem to think black women are trustworthy and deserve better pay.
2. What does Mrs. Hedges recall when Lutie leaves her apartment?
(a) The message she was supposed to give Lutie.
(b) That Min is alone in the apartment with Jones.
(c) The fire and her life before it.
(d) That she has a dish in the oven.
3. What did Jones tell the police about Mrs. Hedges?
(a) He told them that she was a drug dealer.
(b) He told them that she was running a house of ill repute.
(c) He told them that she had kidnapped a neighborhood child.
(d) He told them that she had killed a woman.
4. What does Lutie ask of Mrs. Pizzini?
(a) Lutie asks Mrs. Pizzini for a job at her vegetable market.
(b) Lutie asks Mrs. Pizzini to write her a letter of reference since she has no work experience.
(c) Lutie asks Mrs. Pizzini for marital advice.
(d) Lutie asks Mrs. Pizzini for a ride to the Chandlers'.
5. What does Jones do when Lutie tries to unchain him in her dream?
(a) He tries to kiss her.
(b) He eats her arm with his dog mouth.
(c) He thanks her profusely.
(d) He places her in the chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter from Lutie's father say?
2. What does Mrs. Hedges tell Jones that he has growing on him?
3. What does Jones discover when he gets home from Lutie's?
4. Who is the white man that's interested in Lutie?
5. What does Lutie do when Boots makes his first attempt to seduce her?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)