|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrible event did Lutie witness on Christmas Day at the Chandlers'?
(a) She watched Mr. Chandler fly into a drunken rage.
(b) She witnessed Mr. Chandler's brother shoot himself beside the Christmas tree while everyone was in the room.
(c) She watched as the Chandler's son threw a temper tantrum over his Christmas gifts.
(d) She witnessed Mrs. Chandler slap Mr. Chandler in the face.
2. How does Lutie feel about Mrs. Chandler?
(a) She thinks Mrs. Chandler is an unattractive woman.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Chandler is heavily medicated.
(c) She thinks Mrs. Chandler is not very intelligent.
(d) She believes Mrs. Chandler is nice but that she lacks interest in her family.
3. How did Junto react to Mrs. Hedges eating chicken out of a trashcan?
(a) He laughed at her and pointed her out to his friends.
(b) He called her a dirty old woman.
(c) He asked her to help him collect bottles and cans and told her he would pay her for her work.
(d) He grabbed the chicken out of her hand and told her to have some respect for herself.
4. What does Boots invite Lutie to do?
(a) Have free drinks all night long.
(b) Work as a barmaid at Junto's.
(c) Audition for a band.
(d) Play songs on the jukebox for free.
5. What does Lutie think about Jones?
(a) Lutie thinks Jones is obsessed with her.
(b) Lutie thinks Jones is immature.
(c) Lutie thinks Jones is less than human.
(d) Lutie thinks Jones is a stand-up guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Chandler's mother and her white friends seem to believe about black women?
2. Which behaviors describe what Jones does in Lutie's apartment?
3. How might the relationship between Mrs. Chandler and Lutie be described?
4. What does Mrs. Hedges tell Jones that he has growing on him?
5. What does Lutie do when Boots makes his first attempt to seduce her?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)