|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lutie allow Boots to stalk her like mere prey when she's completely aware of his intentions?
(a) She is still distraught over the failure of her marriage and hopes Boots can fill that void.
(b) She plans to rob Boots and is waiting for the perfect opportunity.
(c) She has dreams of being a singer and moving into a nicer home; she believes Boots may be a bridge to this lifestyle.
(d) She likes Boots and hopes she will be able to convince him to love her.
2. Who approaches Lutie just as she is about to leave Junto's?
(a) Bub, her son.
(b) Boots Smith.
(c) Mrs. Hedges.
(d) Jim, her husband.
3. What terrible event did Lutie witness on Christmas Day at the Chandlers'?
(a) She witnessed Mr. Chandler's brother shoot himself beside the Christmas tree while everyone was in the room.
(b) She watched as the Chandler's son threw a temper tantrum over his Christmas gifts.
(c) She witnessed Mrs. Chandler slap Mr. Chandler in the face.
(d) She watched Mr. Chandler fly into a drunken rage.
4. Why does everyone stop to hear Lutie sing along with the jukebox?
(a) She sounds terrible.
(b) She invites them over with her warm presence.
(c) Her voice relays a message that the lyrics are unable to convey.
(d) She's singing their favorite song.
5. How does Jones feel about the possibility of Min leaving him?
(a) He hates the idea of Min leaving him.
(b) He's happy to see her go.
(c) He doesn't believe it will ever happen.
(d) He doesn't care too much about Min leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones discover when he gets home from Lutie's?
2. On her way up the steps to her apartment, who does Lutie see?
3. How was Mrs. Hedges affected by the fire?
4. What has Mrs. Hedges determined about her life since the fire?
5. What does Lutie ask of Mrs. Pizzini?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)