|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hedges respond to Min's attempt to leave her some money?
(a) Mrs. Hedges outright refuses the money.
(b) Mrs. Hedges tells Min to donate the money to charity.
(c) Mrs. Hedges reluctanctly refuses the money.
(d) Mrs. Hedges gladly takes the money.
2. How does Lutie feel once arriving home from singing for the orchestra at The Casino?
3. How does Min feel about Mrs. Hedges?
(a) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a nosy busybody.
(b) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a dangerous companion.
(c) Min thinks Mrs. Hedges is a smart business woman.
(d) Min likes Mrs. Hedges.
4. Why does Min's visit to David go so well?
(a) She thinks David is very handsome and asks him on a date.
(b) She is able to rest her feet.
(c) She enjoys the smell of the root doctor's dwellings.
(d) She has never had anyone to really listen to her and David does this.
5. How does Bub get out of Miss Rinner's class?
(a) He claims to have an early dismissal.
(b) He throws a chair.
(c) He asks to go to the bathroom.
(d) He storms out of the room without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bub contemplate while his mother is gone to sing for the orchestra members at The Casino?
2. Why does Min think Jones kicked her in her bottom?
3. What is Lutie's reaction to Boots' apparent attempts to charm her for a second time?
4. How does Min feel after visiting the root doctor?
5. Who bloodies Bub's nose?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)