|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bub do that makes him believe he will have to quit the mail scheme?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He lies to an elderly lady without hesitation.
(c) He is unable to afford a gift for Lutie.
(d) He is fearful Mrs. Hedges will tell Lutie what he's doing.
2. Who calls for Boots as he is leaving The Casino?
(b) An unknown man.
(c) Mrs. Hedges.
(d) The bartender.
3. How does The Casino appear when empty?
4. What does Jones see in the bedroom that stops him in his tracks?
(a) He sees a cross hanging on the bed.
(b) He sees the dog.
(c) He sees the window ajar and Min throwing things through it.
(d) He sees Min with a knife in her hand.
5. After witnessing a woman's pocketbook being stolen, what does Lutie think about the street?
(a) That it's a lovely place to build character.
(b) That people have to behave better in order for it to improve.
(c) That it sucks the humanity out of people.
(d) That it will get better with time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bub get out of Miss Rinner's class?
2. What does Bub plan to do with the money he's earned from the mail scheme?
3. What does the author reveal about Min in chapter 5 that was previously unknown?
4. Who bloodies Bub's nose?
5. How does Min feel after visiting the root doctor?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)