|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
2. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
3. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
4. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
5. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a pairing from the following list. Discuss the friendship in depth. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the friendship based upon? What are the strengths in the friendship? What are the weakness of the friendship? Is the friendship "typical"? Why/ why not? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the answers.
-Billy and Roger
-Roger and Carlyle
-Billy and Richie (if you see a friendship)
-Cokes and Rooney
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Richie's "tall tales." Discuss why you believe Richie tells the story. Is there any truth behind the story? Why do you think Richie feels he must stretch the truth?
-What goes on in war: snakes and elephant dung
-The story about his dad leaving and being on TV
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Discuss whether or not you believe that character thinks/believes Richie is a homosexual. Be sure to discuss their conversations, behaviors, and the stage directions associated with any textual evidence that is deemed supportive of the decision.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)