Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
3. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
Essay Topic 1
Choose from the following list a character and discuss the/any stereotypes related to the character. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: Does the character fall into a typical stereotype? Why/Why not? How do they align with a particular stereotype? How do they stray from a particular stereotype? Do those around them see them as falling into a particular stereotype? Do they see themselves in alignment with a particular stereotype? Be sure to use textual evidence to support decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Billy repeatedly denies Richie's homosexuality. Why does Billy do this? What is Billy afraid of? Does Billy think that Richie is a threat? Be sure to use textual evidence to support your standpoint.
Essay Topic 3
At times, the only color in the play that seems to matter is "Army green." What makes the racial lines blur? Are there poignant racial stereotypes that surface? Be sure to include textual evidence.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)