|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
3. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
4. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
5. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, the only color in the play that seems to matter is "Army green." What makes the racial lines blur? Are there poignant racial stereotypes that surface? Be sure to include textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tensions between Billy and Richie throughout the play. Why do the tensions exist for Billy? Why do the tensions exist for Richie? Are the tensions justified? Why/why not?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)