|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
2. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
3. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
4. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
5. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tensions between Billy and Richie throughout the play. Why do the tensions exist for Billy? Why do the tensions exist for Richie? Are the tensions justified? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Discuss whether or not you believe that character thinks/believes Richie is a homosexual. Be sure to discuss their conversations, behaviors, and the stage directions associated with any textual evidence that is deemed supportive of the decision.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)