|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
2. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
3. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
4. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
5. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Richie's "tall tales." Discuss why you believe Richie tells the story. Is there any truth behind the story? Why do you think Richie feels he must stretch the truth?
-What goes on in war: snakes and elephant dung
-The story about his dad leaving and being on TV
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Billy repeatedly denies Richie's homosexuality. Why does Billy do this? What is Billy afraid of? Does Billy think that Richie is a threat? Be sure to use textual evidence to support your standpoint.
Essay Topic 3
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)