|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
2. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
3. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
4. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
5. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cokes' reaction to finding out that Richie is a homosexual. What does Cokes say about Richie's homosexuality? Why is Cokes' answer ironic? What would one expect from Cokes given hie military ranking? Does Cokes' leukemia have anything to do with his reaction? Why?
Essay Topic 2
At times, the only color in the play that seems to matter is "Army green." What makes the racial lines blur? Are there poignant racial stereotypes that surface? Be sure to include textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)