|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
2. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
3. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
4. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
5. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Billy repeatedly denies Richie's homosexuality. Why does Billy do this? What is Billy afraid of? Does Billy think that Richie is a threat? Be sure to use textual evidence to support your standpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)