|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
2. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
3. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
4. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
5. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who do you believe the strongest character in the play is? The weakest? Why do you believe this to be true? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the decision.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from the following list. Discuss whether or not you believe that character thinks/believes Richie is a homosexual. Be sure to discuss their conversations, behaviors, and the stage directions associated with any textual evidence that is deemed supportive of the decision.
Essay Topic 3
All of the characters have a flaw. Choose a character from the following list and describe their flaw. Use textual evidence to support the decision. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the character's flaw? Do others recognize the flaw? Do other characters depend on this flaw to use against the owner of the flaw? Does the character recognize their own flaw?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)