|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
2. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
3. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
4. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
5. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
What does Carlyle mean when he says, "it has been a long damn time...you ain't gonna put a stop to it," to Billy? What is Carlyle talking about? Could there be a hidden meaning to this statement? Be sure to use textual evidence to support.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Discuss whether or not you believe that character thinks/believes Richie is a homosexual. Be sure to discuss their conversations, behaviors, and the stage directions associated with any textual evidence that is deemed supportive of the decision.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)