|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
3. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
5. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, the only color in the play that seems to matter is "Army green." What makes the racial lines blur? Are there poignant racial stereotypes that surface? Be sure to include textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Cokes' reaction to finding out that Richie is a homosexual. What does Cokes say about Richie's homosexuality? Why is Cokes' answer ironic? What would one expect from Cokes given hie military ranking? Does Cokes' leukemia have anything to do with his reaction? Why?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)