Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
3. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
Essay Topic 1
What does Carlyle mean when he says, "it has been a long damn time...you ain't gonna put a stop to it," to Billy? What is Carlyle talking about? Could there be a hidden meaning to this statement? Be sure to use textual evidence to support.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a pairing from the following list. Discuss the friendship in depth. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the friendship based upon? What are the strengths in the friendship? What are the weakness of the friendship? Is the friendship "typical"? Why/ why not? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the answers.
-Billy and Roger
-Roger and Carlyle
-Billy and Richie (if you see a friendship)
-Cokes and Rooney
Essay Topic 3
Describe the division between the enlisted men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle) and the officers (Rooney and Cokes). Which group seems to be more stable? Is this normal? Who would have gone further as a group? Why?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)