|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
2. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
3. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
4. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
5. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 2
Choose from the following list a character and discuss the/any stereotypes related to the character. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: Does the character fall into a typical stereotype? Why/Why not? How do they align with a particular stereotype? How do they stray from a particular stereotype? Do those around them see them as falling into a particular stereotype? Do they see themselves in alignment with a particular stereotype? Be sure to use textual evidence to support decisions.
Essay Topic 3
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)