|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
2. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
3. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
4. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
5. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roger claims that Richie never told him that he was a homosexual. Go back through the play and note all of Richie's references to his homosexuality. Once finished, choose one statement that could be a masked admittance to his homosexuality and one that is a blatant. Compare and contrast the meaning/understanding behind each of the statements.
Essay Topic 2
All of the men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle) are afraid of war. Choose one character and define their fear of war using textual evidence while explaining the reasoning behind the fears.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Cokes and Rooney. Why do you believe they have the relationship that they do? What fuels their friendship? Would their friendship be the same if they had not served together?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)