|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
2. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
3. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
4. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
5. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
Essay Topic 2
Who do you believe the strongest character in the play is? The weakest? Why do you believe this to be true? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the decision.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tensions between Billy and Richie throughout the play. Why do the tensions exist for Billy? Why do the tensions exist for Richie? Are the tensions justified? Why/why not?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)