Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
3. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
Describe the division between the enlisted men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle) and the officers (Rooney and Cokes). Which group seems to be more stable? Is this normal? Who would have gone further as a group? Why?
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
At times, the only color in the play that seems to matter is "Army green." What makes the racial lines blur? Are there poignant racial stereotypes that surface? Be sure to include textual evidence.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)