|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
2. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
4. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
5. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Choose a character from the following list. Discuss whether or not you believe that character thinks/believes Richie is a homosexual. Be sure to discuss their conversations, behaviors, and the stage directions associated with any textual evidence that is deemed supportive of the decision. -Billy -Carlyle -Roger
Essay Topic 2Explain the differences between Roger and Carlyle. Be sure to address their individual standpoints on the Army, homosexuality, race, and friendship.
Essay Topic 3All of the characters have a flaw. Choose a character from the following list and describe their flaw. Use textual evidence to support the decision. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the character's flaw? Do others recognize the flaw? Do other characters depend on this flaw to use against the owner of the flaw? Does the character recognize their own flaw?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)