|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
2. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
3. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
4. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
5. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roger claims that Richie never told him that he was a homosexual. Go back through the play and note all of Richie's references to his homosexuality. Once finished, choose one statement that could be a masked admittance to his homosexuality and one that is a blatant. Compare and contrast the meaning/understanding behind each of the statements.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a pairing from the following list. Discuss the friendship in depth. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the friendship based upon? What are the strengths in the friendship? What are the weakness of the friendship? Is the friendship "typical"? Why/ why not? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the answers.
-Billy and Roger
-Roger and Carlyle
-Billy and Richie (if you see a friendship)
-Cokes and Rooney
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Cokes and Rooney. Why do you believe they have the relationship that they do? What fuels their friendship? Would their friendship be the same if they had not served together?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)