|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
3. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the division between the enlisted men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle) and the officers (Rooney and Cokes). Which group seems to be more stable? Is this normal? Who would have gone further as a group? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Billy repeatedly denies Richie's homosexuality. Why does Billy do this? What is Billy afraid of? Does Billy think that Richie is a threat? Be sure to use textual evidence to support your standpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)