|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
2. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
3. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
4. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
5. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters have a flaw. Choose a character from the following list and describe their flaw. Use textual evidence to support the decision. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the character's flaw? Do others recognize the flaw? Do other characters depend on this flaw to use against the owner of the flaw? Does the character recognize their own flaw?
Essay Topic 2
From the following character list, choose a character and discuss that character's feelings regarding homosexuality. Be sure to address the following questions in your answer: Is the character accepting of homosexuality? Does the character like/accept Richie? Does this character cause problems for Richie (from a military aspect)? Does this character cause problems for Richie from a personal aspect?
Essay Topic 3
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)