|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
2. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
3. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
4. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 2
All of the characters have a flaw. Choose a character from the following list and describe their flaw. Use textual evidence to support the decision. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the character's flaw? Do others recognize the flaw? Do other characters depend on this flaw to use against the owner of the flaw? Does the character recognize their own flaw?
Essay Topic 3
Who do you believe the strongest character in the play is? The weakest? Why do you believe this to be true? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the decision.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)