|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
2. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
3. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
5. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Cokes and Rooney. Why do you believe they have the relationship that they do? What fuels their friendship? Would their friendship be the same if they had not served together?
Essay Topic 2
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 3
Roger claims that Richie never told him that he was a homosexual. Go back through the play and note all of Richie's references to his homosexuality. Once finished, choose one statement that could be a masked admittance to his homosexuality and one that is a blatant. Compare and contrast the meaning/understanding behind each of the statements.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)