|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
2. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
4. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
5. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roger claims that Richie never told him that he was a homosexual. Go back through the play and note all of Richie's references to his homosexuality. Once finished, choose one statement that could be a masked admittance to his homosexuality and one that is a blatant. Compare and contrast the meaning/understanding behind each of the statements.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Richie's "tall tales." Discuss why you believe Richie tells the story. Is there any truth behind the story? Why do you think Richie feels he must stretch the truth?
-What goes on in war: snakes and elephant dung
-The story about his dad leaving and being on TV
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)