|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
2. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
3. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
4. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
5. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cokes' reaction to finding out that Richie is a homosexual. What does Cokes say about Richie's homosexuality? Why is Cokes' answer ironic? What would one expect from Cokes given hie military ranking? Does Cokes' leukemia have anything to do with his reaction? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Billy repeatedly denies Richie's homosexuality. Why does Billy do this? What is Billy afraid of? Does Billy think that Richie is a threat? Be sure to use textual evidence to support your standpoint.
Essay Topic 3
All of the men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle) are afraid of war. Choose one character and define their fear of war using textual evidence while explaining the reasoning behind the fears.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)