|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
2. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
3. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
5. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Carlyle mean when he says, "it has been a long damn time...you ain't gonna put a stop to it," to Billy? What is Carlyle talking about? Could there be a hidden meaning to this statement? Be sure to use textual evidence to support.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tensions between Billy and Richie throughout the play. Why do the tensions exist for Billy? Why do the tensions exist for Richie? Are the tensions justified? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the following list. Write a character analysis including information including the answers to the following questions: Who are they as a person? What do they want in life? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)