|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
2. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
3. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tensions between Billy and Richie throughout the play. Why do the tensions exist for Billy? Why do the tensions exist for Richie? Are the tensions justified? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 2
Of all of the men in the play, who do you believe will/could go the furthest in their military career? Why? What character traits make this character the most likely to succeed?
Essay Topic 3
What does "ownership" in the military mean to the men (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle)? What do they own? Does someone "own" them? Why is ownership so important to each character? (Address each character and ownership individually.)
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)