|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
2. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
3. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
4. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
5. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters have a flaw. Choose a character from the following list and describe their flaw. Use textual evidence to support the decision. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the character's flaw? Do others recognize the flaw? Do other characters depend on this flaw to use against the owner of the flaw? Does the character recognize their own flaw?
Essay Topic 2
What does Carlyle mean when he says, "it has been a long damn time...you ain't gonna put a stop to it," to Billy? What is Carlyle talking about? Could there be a hidden meaning to this statement? Be sure to use textual evidence to support.
Essay Topic 3
Roger claims that Richie never told him that he was a homosexual. Go back through the play and note all of Richie's references to his homosexuality. Once finished, choose one statement that could be a masked admittance to his homosexuality and one that is a blatant. Compare and contrast the meaning/understanding behind each of the statements.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)