|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
2. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
3. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
4. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
5. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a pairing from the following list. Discuss the friendship in depth. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: What is the friendship based upon? What are the strengths in the friendship? What are the weakness of the friendship? Is the friendship "typical"? Why/ why not? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the answers.
-Billy and Roger
-Roger and Carlyle
-Billy and Richie (if you see a friendship)
-Cokes and Rooney
Essay Topic 2
Who do you believe the strongest character in the play is? The weakest? Why do you believe this to be true? Be sure to use textual evidence to support the decision.
Essay Topic 3
Choose from the following list a character and discuss the/any stereotypes related to the character. Be sure to address the following questions in the essay: Does the character fall into a typical stereotype? Why/Why not? How do they align with a particular stereotype? How do they stray from a particular stereotype? Do those around them see them as falling into a particular stereotype? Do they see themselves in alignment with a particular stereotype? Be sure to use textual evidence to support decisions.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)