|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He forgot if he took a shower already.
(b) He begins to do push-ups.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
2. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(c) The black boy.
3. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A "homo."
(b) A punk.
(c) A "Jim."
(d) A funny.
4. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(b) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(c) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(d) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
5. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
2. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
4. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
5. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)