|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(b) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(c) That Carlyle is trouble.
(d) That Carlyle is ignorant.
2. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) A bottle of cologne.
(b) The Playboy.
(c) A towel.
(d) Foot powder.
3. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A book.
(b) A hug.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A beer.
4. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
5. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too angry.
(c) Too much feeling.
(d) Too dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
2. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
3. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
4. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
5. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)