|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) To lose his virginity.
(b) Because of the black-haired waitress.
(c) For the money.
(d) To become tougher.
2. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(b) Richie has heard this story before.
(c) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
(d) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
3. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(b) Because he needs to go see his family.
(c) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(d) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
4. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) Billy's parents abused him.
(b) His brother died from leukemia.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) A childhood friend was murdered.
5. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(b) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
(c) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(d) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
2. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
3. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
4. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
5. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)