|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
2. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) His brother died from leukemia.
(b) A childhood friend was murdered.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) Billy's parents abused him.
3. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Starts taking his clothes off.
(b) Closes the bunk room door.
(c) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(d) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
4. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(b) Because they are all gay.
(c) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
(d) Because they all share the same duty job.
5. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A child.
(d) A momma's boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
2. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
3. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
4. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
5. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)