|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An Army officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest.
2. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A funny.
(b) A punk.
(c) A "Jim."
(d) A "homo."
3. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(d) A cathouse.
4. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(a) The Pier.
5. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too much feeling.
(c) Too angry.
(d) Too dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
2. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
3. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
4. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
5. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)