|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(d) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
2. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(c) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
(d) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
3. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
4. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
5. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(c) The Pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
2. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
3. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
4. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
5. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)