|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(b) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
(c) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(d) Carlyle says he is drunk.
2. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(b) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
3. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Kissed his "joint."
(b) Slept on the floor with him.
(c) Smoked his drugs.
(d) Tried some "funny-stuff."
4. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To become part of the world again.
(b) For the money.
(c) To meet women.
(d) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
5. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
2. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
3. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
4. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
5. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)