|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He does not care if he dies.
(b) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(c) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
(d) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
2. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(a) A smoking jacket.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A duster coat.
3. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(b) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(c) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(d) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
4. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
5. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
2. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
3. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
4. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
5. Where is Billy from?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)