|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) The mop.
(c) Another beer.
(d) The blankets from their beds.
2. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(a) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
3. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(b) He was shot in the foot.
(c) He was shot in the "ass."
(d) He was shot in the "'ot."
4. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(b) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(c) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(d) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
5. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) Losing a limb.
(b) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
2. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
3. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
4. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
5. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlyle speak in the third person when talking to Richie about his (Carlyle's) behavior the night he passed out on the bunk room floor?
2. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
3. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
4. Why is Carlyle jealous of Billy, Richie, and Roger?
5. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
6. What is the underlying fear that all of the men share? (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle)
7. Why doesn't Roger allow Richie to tell Cokes about what has happened to Rooney?
8. Why does Carlyle hate the Army?
9. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
10. What does Roger tell Billy he "better learn"?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)