|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(d) Living quarters.
2. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
3. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) To go visit his sister.
(b) The movies.
(c) Off base to a bar.
(d) Home with him on leave.
4. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) The mop.
(c) The blankets from their beds.
(d) Another beer.
5. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Look at a Playboy.
(b) Mop and buff the floor.
(c) Go shower.
(d) Go find Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
2. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
3. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
4. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
5. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Roger allow Richie to tell Cokes about what has happened to Rooney?
2. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
3. Why does Roger believe that just because you tried it (homosexual activity) doesn't make one a homosexual?
4. Roger tells Carlyle, "we both tole you it ain't goin' on here." What does this mean?
5. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
6. What does Roger mean by the statement he makes regarding white men and Coppertone?
7. At the end of the play, Cokes puts a lot of things into perspective for Roger and Richie. What does Cokes tell them?
8. Why does Carlyle get angry at Billy and Roger for keeping him and Richie apart?
9. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
10. Why does Billy compare Carlyle to an animal?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)