|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(b) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(c) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(d) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
2. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To be killed and die in honor.
(c) To become "straight."
(d) To get away from his parents.
3. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(d) Living quarters.
4. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
(b) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(c) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
(d) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
5. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) More mops.
(b) The mail.
(d) Whiskey and beer bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
2. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
3. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
4. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
5. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlyle jealous of Billy, Richie, and Roger?
2. Why is Billy so upset about grabbing a razor to cut Carlyle?
3. What does Roger mean by the statement he makes regarding white men and Coppertone?
4. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
5. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
6. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
7. Roger tells Carlyle, "we both tole you it ain't goin' on here." What does this mean?
8. What does Carlyle mean when talking about "the black man's problem"?
9. Why is Richie afraid of the Vietcong and war?
10. Explain the joke that Carlyle tells after Richie storms out of the bunk room because Carlyle accuses him of "kissing his joint."
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)