|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(b) To really cause death.
(c) For attention.
(d) To get out of the military.
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(b) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(c) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(d) Richie kicks Carlyle.
3. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) Losing a limb.
(b) The war.
4. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
(b) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(c) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(d) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
5. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the foot.
(b) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(c) He was shot in the "'ot."
(d) He was shot in the "ass."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
2. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
3. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
4. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
5. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger mean by the statement he makes regarding white men and Coppertone?
2. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
3. Explain the sexual innuendos that Richie makes regarding Billy and Roger's workout.
4. Explain the comparison Carlyle makes regarding "dealing trouble" and "smiling."
5. Why does Billy have a problem with Carlyle turning off the lights in the bunk room?
6. Why does Martin try to commit suicide?
7. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
8. What does Roger mean when he says to Billy, "every black man in the world ain't like me"?
9. What does Richie mean by the "real Richie" is in Manhattan, and the other Richie is sitting in the Army reading a book?
10. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)