|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
2. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
(b) Cokes's boots are brown.
(c) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(d) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
3. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) The mop.
(c) The blankets from their beds.
(d) Another beer.
4. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go shower.
(b) Go find Martin.
(c) Mop and buff the floor.
(d) Look at a Playboy.
5. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) American soliders in Vietnam.
(b) German soldiers.
(d) The Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
2. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
3. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
4. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
5. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
2. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
3. Why does Carlyle claim that the Vietnam war is not their (Carlyle's and Roger's) war?
4. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
5. What is ironic about Rooney being a demolitions expert?
6. Explain the joke that Carlyle tells after Richie storms out of the bunk room because Carlyle accuses him of "kissing his joint."
7. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
8. What does Roger tell Billy he "better learn"?
9. Why does Billy have a problem with Carlyle turning off the lights in the bunk room?
10. Why does Billy get so angry at Richie for thinking that he is "Frankie"?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)