|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(a) Yellow fever as children.
(c) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
(d) Too much beer.
2. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
3. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
(b) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(c) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
(d) Cokes's boots are brown.
4. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
5. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
2. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
3. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
4. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
5. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlyle hate the Army?
2. As Billy, Roger and Richie are discussing going out, Richie calls going to a whorehouse "disgusting." Billy's replies to Richie with "look who's talking." What do both men mean?
3. At the end of the play, Cokes puts a lot of things into perspective for Roger and Richie. What does Cokes tell them?
4. Although Carlyle tells Richie when they are alone in the bunk room that all he wants to do is talk, Richie does not believe him. What does Richie believe that Carlyle wants?
5. Why does Carlyle have a problem with the duty the Army has assigned him?
6. Explain the sexual innuendos that Richie makes regarding Billy and Roger's workout.
7. What changes regarding Carlyle's behavior when Richie closes the bunk room door because of "the draft"?
8. Why does Billy compare Carlyle to an animal?
9. What is a "streamer"?
10. After the murders, Roger has not changed in regard to his obsession. What does Roger do after everyone but he and Richie have left?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)