|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
2. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
3. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(b) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(c) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(d) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
4. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(a) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
(b) Too much beer.
(c) Yellow fever as children.
5. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(a) The Star-Spangled Banner.
(c) The National Anthem.
(d) A funeral march.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
2. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
3. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
4. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
5. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand the problems associated with being homosexual?
2. Why doesn't Roger allow Richie to tell Cokes about what has happened to Rooney?
3. Rooney makes a huge show about Cokes's boots. What makes Cokes's boots special?
4. What does Roger mean when he says to Billy, "every black man in the world ain't like me"?
5. After Carlyle is cuffed, why does Carlye think that the lieutenant and MPs have no right to tell him what to do?
6. Why does Billy compare Carlyle to an animal?
7. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
8. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
9. Roger tells Carlyle, "we both tole you it ain't goin' on here." What does this mean?
10. Why does Martin try to commit suicide?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)