|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
(b) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(c) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(d) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
2. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From leukemia.
(b) From drinking.
(c) From PTSD.
(d) From dizzy spells.
3. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(b) He was shot in the "ass."
(c) He was shot in the "'ot."
(d) He was shot in the foot.
4. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For attention.
(c) To really cause death.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
5. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(b) American soliders in Vietnam.
(c) The Russians.
(d) German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
2. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
3. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
4. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
5. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the play, Cokes puts a lot of things into perspective for Roger and Richie. What does Cokes tell them?
2. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
3. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
4. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
5. What is a "streamer"?
6. Why does Carlyle get angry at Billy and Roger for keeping him and Richie apart?
7. Why does Billy get so angry at Richie for thinking that he is "Frankie"?
8. Although Carlyle tells Richie when they are alone in the bunk room that all he wants to do is talk, Richie does not believe him. What does Richie believe that Carlyle wants?
9. As Billy, Roger and Richie are discussing going out, Richie calls going to a whorehouse "disgusting." Billy's replies to Richie with "look who's talking." What do both men mean?
10. Why does Billy say that he would rather face "freezin' cold" than snakes?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)