Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Flight coordinator.
(d) Medical technician.
2. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will die in action in the war.
(b) He will blow himself up.
(c) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(d) He will drink himself to death.
3. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
4. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(a) Living quarters.
5. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
2. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
3. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
4. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
5. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richie mean by the "real Richie" is in Manhattan, and the other Richie is sitting in the Army reading a book?
2. Why does Billy have a problem with Carlyle turning off the lights in the bunk room?
3. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
4. What does Carlyle mean when talking about "the black man's problem"?
5. Why does Carlyle get angry at Billy and Roger for keeping him and Richie apart?
6. Why does Carlyle speak in the third person when talking to Richie about his (Carlyle's) behavior the night he passed out on the bunk room floor?
7. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
8. Explain the comparison Carlyle makes regarding "dealing trouble" and "smiling."
9. Why does Carlyle hate the Army?
10. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)