|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
2. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
(b) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
(c) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(d) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
3. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(a) Too much beer.
(c) Yellow fever as children.
(d) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
4. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) More mops.
(b) The mail.
(c) Whiskey and beer bottles.
5. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the foot.
(b) He was shot in the "ass."
(c) He was shot in the "'ot."
(d) He was shot in the "ah'm."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
2. What does MOS stand for?
3. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
4. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
5. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the sexual innuendos that Richie makes regarding Billy and Roger's workout.
2. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
3. What is a "streamer"?
4. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
5. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
6. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
7. Why does Billy believe himself to be a busybody?
8. Why does Billy have such a hard time with the sexual relationship that Carlyle and Richie are alluding to happening in the bunk house and not somewhere else?
9. Why is Carlyle jealous of Billy, Richie, and Roger?
10. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)