|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
2. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
3. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(c) He will die in action in the war.
(d) He will blow himself up.
4. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A green wooden footlocker.
(b) A military backpack.
(c) A black wooden footlocker.
(d) A mini-stove.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(b) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(c) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(d) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
2. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
3. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
4. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
5. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy get so angry at Richie for thinking that he is "Frankie"?
2. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
3. Explain the joke that Carlyle tells after Richie storms out of the bunk room because Carlyle accuses him of "kissing his joint."
4. Why does Richie make fun of Billy's vernacular?
5. Why is Richie afraid of the Vietcong and war?
6. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand the problems associated with being homosexual?
7. Why does Carlyle have a problem with the duty the Army has assigned him?
8. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
9. Why does the lieutenant's actions towards Roger speak to the stereotypical assumptions regarding the crime scene?
10. Why does Billy have such a hard time with the sexual relationship that Carlyle and Richie are alluding to happening in the bunk house and not somewhere else?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)