|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(b) He was killed by gunfire.
(c) He was stabbed and died.
(d) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
2. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
3. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Billy and Martin.
(c) Clark and Billy.
(d) Roger and Clark.
4. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
5. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
2. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
3. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
4. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
5. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Billy, Roger and Richie are discussing going out, Richie calls going to a whorehouse "disgusting." Billy's replies to Richie with "look who's talking." What do both men mean?
2. What is ironic about Carlyle's attire going into town?
3. Why did Roger continue to talk to Billy when they first met in P Company?
4. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
5. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
6. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
7. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
8. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
9. What does Carlyle mean when talking about "the black man's problem"?
10. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)