|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(b) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(c) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(d) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
2. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all come from wealthy families.
(b) They are all black.
(c) They all have college educations.
(d) They are all white.
3. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
4. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
(a) His hands shake too much.
(b) He has had two heart attacks.
(c) His eyesight is bad.
(d) He is too easily stressed.
5. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(b) The war.
(c) Losing a limb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
2. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
3. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
4. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
5. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlyle hate the Army?
2. What is a "streamer"?
3. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
4. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
5. What is ironic about Carlyle's attire going into town?
6. Why does Billy compare Carlyle to an animal?
7. Why does the lieutenant's actions towards Roger speak to the stereotypical assumptions regarding the crime scene?
8. Explain the joke that Carlyle tells after Richie storms out of the bunk room because Carlyle accuses him of "kissing his joint."
9. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
10. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)