|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Chinese.
(b) Saving a fellow solider.
(c) Losing his leg in battle.
(d) Killing 47 Vietcong.
2. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
3. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes kisses Richie.
(b) Cokes falls on his face.
(c) Cokes passes out and dies.
(d) Cokes punches Billy.
4. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Billy and Martin.
(b) Carlyle and Roger.
(c) Roger and Clark.
(d) Clark and Billy.
5. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) The movies.
(b) Off base to a bar.
(c) Home with him on leave.
(d) To go visit his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
2. How did Billy come to join the Army?
3. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
4. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
5. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the murders, Roger has not changed in regard to his obsession. What does Roger do after everyone but he and Richie have left?
2. Why does Billy say that he would rather face "freezin' cold" than snakes?
3. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
4. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
5. What is symbolic about Cokes saying the the man in the spider hole was "singing it"?
6. Explain the hidden meaning behind Carlyle's comment: "it is dark in the night. Black man got a black body--he disappear."
7. Why does Richie make fun of Billy's vernacular?
8. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
9. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
10. Why doesn't Roger allow Richie to tell Cokes about what has happened to Rooney?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)