|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(b) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(c) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(d) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
2. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
3. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
4. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
5. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be killed and die in honor.
(b) To get away from his parents.
(c) To become "straight."
(d) To be around lots of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
2. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
3. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
4. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
5. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger mean when he says to Billy, "every black man in the world ain't like me"?
2. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
3. Why does the lieutenant's actions towards Roger speak to the stereotypical assumptions regarding the crime scene?
4. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
5. At the end of the play, Cokes puts a lot of things into perspective for Roger and Richie. What does Cokes tell them?
6. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
7. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
8. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
9. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
10. Why does Billy believe himself to be a busybody?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)