|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(b) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(c) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(d) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
2. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(c) Losing a limb.
(d) The war.
3. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
4. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go find Martin.
(b) Look at a Playboy.
(c) Go shower.
(d) Mop and buff the floor.
5. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(b) They enlisted.
(c) They were drafted.
(d) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
Short Answer Questions
1. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
2. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
3. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
4. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
5. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlyle get angry at Billy and Roger for keeping him and Richie apart?
2. Why did Roger continue to talk to Billy when they first met in P Company?
3. Why does the lieutenant's actions towards Roger speak to the stereotypical assumptions regarding the crime scene?
4. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
5. Why does Carlyle hate the Army?
6. What is wrong with the lieutenant's statement: "two perfectly trained and primed strong pieces of U.S. Army property cut to [expletive] up in here"?
7. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
8. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
9. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
10. Explain the comparison Carlyle makes regarding "dealing trouble" and "smiling."
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)