|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) To really cause death.
(c) For attention.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
2. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
3. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
4. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(b) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(c) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(d) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
5. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the foot.
(b) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(c) He was shot in the "'ot."
(d) He was shot in the "ass."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
2. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
3. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
4. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
5. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
2. Why does Billy believe himself to be a busybody?
3. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
4. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
5. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
6. What does Roger tell Billy he "better learn"?
7. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
8. As Billy, Roger and Richie are discussing going out, Richie calls going to a whorehouse "disgusting." Billy's replies to Richie with "look who's talking." What do both men mean?
9. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand the problems associated with being homosexual?
10. After Carlyle is cuffed, why does Carlye think that the lieutenant and MPs have no right to tell him what to do?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)