|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(b) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(c) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(d) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
2. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(c) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
3. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
4. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
5. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Chinese.
(b) Losing his leg in battle.
(c) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(d) Saving a fellow solider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
2. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
3. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
4. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
5. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richie agree with Billy in regard to saying that there is something wrong with Carlyle?
2. What does Richie mean by the "real Richie" is in Manhattan, and the other Richie is sitting in the Army reading a book?
3. What is wrong with the lieutenant's statement: "two perfectly trained and primed strong pieces of U.S. Army property cut to [expletive] up in here"?
4. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
5. Why does Billy have such a hard time with the sexual relationship that Carlyle and Richie are alluding to happening in the bunk house and not somewhere else?
6. Why doesn't Roger allow Richie to tell Cokes about what has happened to Rooney?
7. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
8. What is symbolic about Cokes saying the the man in the spider hole was "singing it"?
9. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
10. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)