|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes kisses Richie.
(b) Cokes passes out and dies.
(c) Cokes punches Billy.
(d) Cokes falls on his face.
2. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
3. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because he is a Spec 4.
(b) Because of good behavior.
(c) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(d) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
4. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(c) To really cause death.
(d) For attention.
5. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
2. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
3. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
4. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
5. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
2. Explain the joke that Carlyle tells after Richie storms out of the bunk room because Carlyle accuses him of "kissing his joint."
3. What is the significance of Billy shutting the door at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
5. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand the problems associated with being homosexual?
6. Why does Rooney claim that Billy, Roger, and Richie are not in the Army?
7. What is the underlying fear that all of the men share? (Billy, Roger, Richie, and Carlyle)
8. After Carlyle is cuffed, why does Carlye think that the lieutenant and MPs have no right to tell him what to do?
9. When Billy finally levels with Richie about the flirting, what does he say?
10. What does Roger tell Billy he "better learn"?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)