|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
2. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(b) The National Anthem.
(c) A funeral march.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
3. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(b) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(c) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(d) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
4. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
5. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A green wooden footlocker.
(b) A mini-stove.
(c) A black wooden footlocker.
(d) A military backpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
2. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
3. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
4. What does MOS stand for?
5. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roger tells Carlyle, "we both tole you it ain't goin' on here." What does this mean?
2. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
3. Why does Billy get so angry at Richie for thinking that he is "Frankie"?
4. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
5. Why does Martin try to commit suicide?
6. Why is Billy so upset about grabbing a razor to cut Carlyle?
7. Why does Carlyle claim that the Vietnam war is not their (Carlyle's and Roger's) war?
8. Why do Roger and Carlyle laugh at Richie when they leave to go to town?
9. Why does Carlyle think that he must teach Billy a lesson for throwing a shoe at him?
10. Why does Richie make fun of Billy's vernacular?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)