|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(b) Losing his leg in battle.
(c) Killing 47 Chinese.
(d) Saving a fellow solider.
2. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) For attention.
(b) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(c) To get out of the military.
(d) To really cause death.
3. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
4. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(b) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(c) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(d) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
5. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Roger and Clark.
(b) Carlyle and Roger.
(c) Billy and Martin.
(d) Clark and Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MOS stand for?
2. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
3. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
4. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
5. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richie become stunned at Billy's comment: "that you go down; that you go up and down like a Yo-yo and you go blowin' all the trees like the wind?"
2. Why is Roger so willing to accept Carlyle and his behavior?
3. What is ironic about Carlyle's attire going into town?
4. Why does Roger believe that just because you tried it (homosexual activity) doesn't make one a homosexual?
5. Why does Billy have a problem with Carlyle turning off the lights in the bunk room?
6. What does "standing tall" mean to the men in the bunk room?
7. Why is Carlyle jealous of Billy, Richie, and Roger?
8. Why does Carlyle call Roger a "Tom"?
9. What happened when Billy was sixteen that made him want to become a priest?
10. Why does Billy have such a hard time with the sexual relationship that Carlyle and Richie are alluding to happening in the bunk house and not somewhere else?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)