|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(b) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
2. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
3. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(b) Living quarters.
4. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
5. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
2. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
3. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
4. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
5. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the hidden meaning behind Carlyle's comment: "it is dark in the night. Black man got a black body--he disappear."
2. What changes regarding Carlyle's behavior when Richie closes the bunk room door because of "the draft"?
3. Why is the fact that Roger smokes contradictory to his other behaviors?
4. Why does Martin try to commit suicide?
5. What is a "streamer"?
6. At the end of the play, Cokes puts a lot of things into perspective for Roger and Richie. What does Cokes tell them?
7. Explain the comparison Carlyle makes regarding "dealing trouble" and "smiling."
8. Why is Richie afraid of the Vietcong and war?
9. Why did Roger continue to talk to Billy when they first met in P Company?
10. What action does Richie make to cause Billy to realize what is about to happen between him (Richie) and Carlyle?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)