|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) The Russians.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) American soliders in Vietnam.
2. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(c) For attention.
(d) To really cause death.
3. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes falls on his face.
(b) Cokes kisses Richie.
(c) Cokes passes out and dies.
(d) Cokes punches Billy.
4. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) The blankets from their beds.
(c) The mop.
(d) Another beer.
5. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) Home with him on leave.
(b) To go visit his sister.
(c) The movies.
(d) Off base to a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
3. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
4. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
5. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger mean by the statement he makes regarding white men and Coppertone?
2. Why does Roger seem oblivious to the fact that Richie is a homosexual?
3. Why is Billy so upset about grabbing a razor to cut Carlyle?
4. What changes regarding Carlyle's behavior when Richie closes the bunk room door because of "the draft"?
5. What is the significance of Billy shutting the door at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Roger tells Carlyle, "we both tole you it ain't goin' on here." What does this mean?
7. What does Richie mean by the "real Richie" is in Manhattan, and the other Richie is sitting in the Army reading a book?
8. Explain the sexual innuendos that Richie makes regarding Billy and Roger's workout.
9. Why does Billy believe himself to be a busybody?
10. What is a "streamer"?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)