|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(b) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
(c) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(d) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
2. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(b) If there are any other gays in the unit.
(c) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
(d) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
3. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
4. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(b) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
5. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(b) The Pier.
6. Where is Billy from?
7. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) A childhood friend was murdered.
(b) Billy's parents abused him.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) His brother died from leukemia.
8. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
9. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(b) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
(c) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(d) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
10. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(b) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(d) That is is nurture, not nature.
11. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
12. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(b) He thinks everyone is gay.
(c) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(d) Everyone bores him.
13. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(d) "What about me, Carlyle?"
14. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
15. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(a) Drink a beer.
(c) Take a shower.
(d) Take some of his pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
2. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
4. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
5. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)