|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(b) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
(c) Becoming an S.P.
(d) Becoming a bouncer.
2. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
(b) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
(c) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(d) If there are any other gays in the unit.
3. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
4. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(b) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(c) Closes the bunk room door.
(d) Starts taking his clothes off.
5. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(b) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(c) That is is nurture, not nature.
6. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(b) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(c) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(d) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
7. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
8. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Kissed his "joint."
(b) Smoked his drugs.
(c) Slept on the floor with him.
(d) Tried some "funny-stuff."
9. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
10. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
11. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
(b) The Army is sending him home.
(c) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
(d) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
12. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(c) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(d) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
13. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(b) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(c) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
(d) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
14. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
15. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(b) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
(c) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(d) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
2. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
3. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
4. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
5. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)