|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) For the money.
(b) To lose his virginity.
(c) To become tougher.
(d) Because of the black-haired waitress.
2. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
(b) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(c) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(d) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
3. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(b) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
(c) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(d) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
4. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(d) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
5. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is gay.
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) For kissing ass
(d) Because he is weak.
6. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) He thinks everyone is gay.
(b) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(c) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(d) Everyone bores him.
7. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A child.
(d) A momma's boy.
8. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(b) Take some of his pills.
(c) Drink a beer.
(d) Take a shower.
9. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(c) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(d) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
10. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(b) Because they are all gay.
(c) Because they all share the same duty job.
(d) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
11. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
12. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
(b) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(c) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
(d) If there are any other gays in the unit.
13. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too much feeling.
(c) Too angry.
(d) Too dark.
14. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(b) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(d) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
15. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
2. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
3. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
4. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
5. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)