|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(b) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(c) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(d) Because he needs to go see his family.
2. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Finding a male prostitute.
(b) Going to a sex shop.
(c) Going to a peep show.
(d) Going to a whorehouse.
3. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
4. Where is Billy from?
5. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) Foot powder.
(b) A towel.
(c) The Playboy.
(d) A bottle of cologne.
6. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
7. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
8. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(b) He thinks everyone is gay.
(c) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(d) Everyone bores him.
9. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too dark.
(b) Too repressed.
(c) Too angry.
(d) Too much feeling.
10. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(b) The Pier.
11. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to play basketball with him.
(b) Go to the movies with him.
(c) Go to town together.
(d) Go to cool off and take a shower.
12. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He does not care if he dies.
(b) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(c) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
(d) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
13. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(a) The black boy.
14. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
(b) Because they all share the same duty job.
(c) Because they are all gay.
(d) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
15. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he has wheels.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(d) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
3. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
4. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
5. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)