|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) For kissing ass
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he is gay.
(d) Because he is weak.
2. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(b) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
(c) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(d) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
3. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(b) A child.
(d) A momma's boy.
4. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
5. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
(a) Sprays cologne all over it.
(b) Pulls all of the sheets off.
(c) Climbs in naked and rubs himself all over the sheets.
(d) Tears up the Playboy and throws the pieces all over his bed.
6. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he needs to go see his family.
(b) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(c) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(d) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
7. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(c) Mopping the floor.
8. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(b) A cathouse.
9. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His "inner-gay."
(b) His heart.
(c) His soul.
(d) His scar.
10. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(b) He begins to do push-ups.
(c) He forgot if he took a shower already.
(d) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
11. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to the movies with him.
(b) Go to play basketball with him.
(c) Go to town together.
(d) Go to cool off and take a shower.
12. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
13. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(b) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
14. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(b) Drink a beer.
(c) Take some of his pills.
(d) Take a shower.
15. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) A childhood friend was murdered.
(b) His brother died from leukemia.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) Billy's parents abused him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
2. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
3. Where is Billy from?
4. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
5. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)