|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(b) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(c) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(d) Because Billy talked back.
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(b) The Pier.
3. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(d) The black boy.
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(b) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
(c) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(d) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
6. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
7. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(b) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(c) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
(d) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
8. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
9. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie has heard this story before.
(b) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(c) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
(d) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
10. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An Army officer.
(d) A police officer.
11. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late evening.
(c) Late afternoon.
12. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a peep show.
(b) Going to a sex shop.
(c) Going to a whorehouse.
(d) Finding a male prostitute.
13. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To become part of the world again.
(b) For the money.
(c) To meet women.
(d) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
14. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Basic training.
(b) P Company.
(c) In Vietnam.
(d) Recruiting meeting.
15. Where is Billy from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
2. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
3. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
4. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
5. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)