|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(b) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(c) Starts taking his clothes off.
(d) Closes the bunk room door.
2. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
3. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) In Vietnam.
(b) P Company.
(c) Recruiting meeting.
(d) Basic training.
4. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
5. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) An Army officer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A doctor.
6. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(a) The black boy.
7. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
8. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a peep show.
(b) Going to a whorehouse.
(c) Finding a male prostitute.
(d) Going to a sex shop.
9. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
(b) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
(c) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(d) If there are any other gays in the unit.
10. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he has wheels.
(b) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(c) Because he really needs a friend.
(d) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
11. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(b) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(c) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(d) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
12. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too much feeling.
(b) Too angry.
(c) Too repressed.
(d) Too dark.
13. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
14. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His "inner-gay."
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His scar.
15. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) To lose his virginity.
(b) For the money.
(c) Because of the black-haired waitress.
(d) To become tougher.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
2. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
4. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
5. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)