|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) For the money.
(b) To become part of the world again.
(c) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(d) To meet women.
2. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) His brother died from leukemia.
(b) Billy's parents abused him.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) A childhood friend was murdered.
3. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(b) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(c) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(d) That Carlyle is trouble.
4. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy says she likes him.
(b) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
(c) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(d) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
5. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(c) A cathouse.
6. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Finding a male prostitute.
(b) Going to a sex shop.
(c) Going to a whorehouse.
(d) Going to a peep show.
7. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is sending him home.
(b) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
(c) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
(d) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
8. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Smoked his drugs.
(b) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(c) Slept on the floor with him.
(d) Kissed his "joint."
9. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
(b) Richie has heard this story before.
(c) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(d) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
10. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
11. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(b) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(c) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(d) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
12. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
13. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A beer.
(b) A book.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hug.
14. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
(a) Richie goes over to Carlyle and holds his hand while walking him out.
(b) Richie tries to kiss Carlyle.
(c) Richie is not peaceful; he is blunt and tells Carlyle to leave.
(d) Richie claims Carlyle must have some very important business to attend to.
15. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
2. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
3. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
5. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)