|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
2. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(b) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(c) Closes the bunk room door.
(d) Starts taking his clothes off.
3. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a whorehouse.
(b) Finding a male prostitute.
(c) Going to a peep show.
(d) Going to a sex shop.
4. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
5. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
6. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
7. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
8. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(b) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(c) Because Billy talked back.
(d) Because Billy was the only other black man.
9. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Smoked his drugs.
(b) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(c) Slept on the floor with him.
(d) Kissed his "joint."
10. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
11. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(d) A cathouse.
12. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is weak.
(b) For kissing ass
(c) Because he is dying.
(d) Because he is gay.
13. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
(b) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(c) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(d) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
14. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A hug.
(c) A book.
(d) A beer.
15. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) For the money.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(d) To become part of the world again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
2. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
3. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
4. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
5. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)