|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Basic training.
(b) P Company.
(c) Recruiting meeting.
(d) In Vietnam.
2. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Closes the bunk room door.
(b) Starts taking his clothes off.
(c) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(d) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
3. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
(a) If Rooney keeps coming in drunk.
(b) If Carlyle falls asleep on the floor again.
(c) If Carlyle moves into their bunk room.
(d) If Richie keeps making moves on him.
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(b) Everyone bores him.
(c) He thinks everyone is gay.
(d) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
5. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too much feeling.
(b) Too repressed.
(c) Too angry.
(d) Too dark.
6. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A momma's boy.
(c) A child.
7. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To become part of the world again.
(b) For the money.
(c) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(d) To meet women.
8. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all share the same duty job.
(b) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
(c) Because they are all gay.
(d) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
9. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(d) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
10. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An Army officer.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A priest.
11. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(c) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(d) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
12. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
13. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a sex shop.
(b) Going to a peep show.
(c) Finding a male prostitute.
(d) Going to a whorehouse.
14. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) An animal.
(d) A pussycat.
15. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He begins to do push-ups.
(b) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(c) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(d) He forgot if he took a shower already.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
2. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
3. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
4. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
5. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)