|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a sex shop.
(b) Going to a peep show.
(c) Finding a male prostitute.
(d) Going to a whorehouse.
2. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) For kissing ass
(c) Because he is weak.
(d) Because he is gay.
3. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
4. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(a) A cowboy hat.
(b) A duster coat.
(c) A smoking jacket.
5. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(b) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
6. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too dark.
(b) Too angry.
(c) Too much feeling.
(d) Too repressed.
7. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To meet women.
(b) For the money.
(c) To become part of the world again.
(d) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
8. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(b) A child.
(c) A momma's boy.
9. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) To lose his virginity.
(b) For the money.
(c) To become tougher.
(d) Because of the black-haired waitress.
10. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(b) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(c) Because he needs to go see his family.
(d) Because he needs to go get drunk.
11. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(b) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(c) That is is nurture, not nature.
12. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(b) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
(c) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(d) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
13. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(b) Billy says she likes him.
(c) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(d) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
14. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(a) The black boy.
15. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
2. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
3. Where is Billy from?
4. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
5. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)