|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(a) Drink a beer.
(b) Take some of his pills.
(c) Take a shower.
2. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie has heard this story before.
(b) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(c) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
3. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
4. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A book.
(b) A beer.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hug.
5. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(b) Because they all share the same duty job.
(c) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
(d) Because they are all gay.
6. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(a) Becoming a bouncer.
(c) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
(d) Becoming an S.P.
7. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(c) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(d) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
8. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(d) "What about me, Carlyle?"
9. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) An animal.
(d) A pussycat.
10. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
11. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(b) Because Billy talked back.
(c) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(d) Because he had a crush on Billy.
12. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(b) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(c) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(d) That Carlyle is trouble.
13. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(b) He forgot if he took a shower already.
(c) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(d) He begins to do push-ups.
14. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
15. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
(a) Sprays cologne all over it.
(b) Tears up the Playboy and throws the pieces all over his bed.
(c) Climbs in naked and rubs himself all over the sheets.
(d) Pulls all of the sheets off.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
2. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
3. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
4. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
5. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)