|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(c) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(d) That is is nurture, not nature.
2. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
3. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all share the same duty job.
(b) Because they are all gay.
(c) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
(d) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
4. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(b) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
(c) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(d) Billy says she likes him.
5. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
6. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
7. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) For kissing ass
(c) Because he is gay.
(d) Because he is weak.
8. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(b) Richie has heard this story before.
(c) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
9. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(a) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
(b) Becoming an S.P.
(c) Becoming a bouncer.
10. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
11. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
(b) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(c) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(d) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
12. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(b) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(c) He thinks everyone is gay.
(d) Everyone bores him.
13. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pig.
(b) A dog.
(c) An animal.
(d) A pussycat.
14. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
15. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
2. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
3. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
4. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)