|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to the movies with him.
(b) Go to play basketball with him.
(c) Go to cool off and take a shower.
(d) Go to town together.
2. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His heart.
(b) His "inner-gay."
(c) His scar.
(d) His soul.
3. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Starts taking his clothes off.
(b) Closes the bunk room door.
(c) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(d) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
4. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) Because he is gay.
(c) For kissing ass
(d) Because he is weak.
5. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(b) A duster coat.
(c) A smoking jacket.
(d) A cowboy hat.
6. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He begins to do push-ups.
(b) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He forgot if he took a shower already.
7. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
8. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
(a) If Carlyle moves into their bunk room.
(b) If Carlyle falls asleep on the floor again.
(c) If Richie keeps making moves on him.
(d) If Rooney keeps coming in drunk.
9. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) A childhood friend was murdered.
(b) Billy's parents abused him.
(c) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(d) His brother died from leukemia.
10. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A book.
(b) A beer.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hug.
11. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(c) The black boy.
12. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
(b) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
(c) The Army is sending him home.
(d) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
13. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(b) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(c) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(d) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
14. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(a) Becoming a bouncer.
(c) Becoming an S.P.
(d) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
15. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(b) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
2. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
4. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
5. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)