|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(b) Because Billy talked back.
(c) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(d) Because they found out that they grew up together.
2. Where is Billy from?
3. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(b) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(c) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(d) "I hate you Carlyle!"
4. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to the movies with him.
(b) Go to cool off and take a shower.
(c) Go to play basketball with him.
(d) Go to town together.
5. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
6. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(b) The black boy.
7. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(b) A momma's boy.
(d) A child.
8. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) His brother died from leukemia.
(b) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(c) Billy's parents abused him.
(d) A childhood friend was murdered.
9. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
10. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
11. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
12. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(b) That Carlyle is trouble.
(c) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(d) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
13. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late evening.
14. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(a) A duster coat.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A smoking jacket.
15. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pussycat.
(b) A pig.
(c) An animal.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
2. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
3. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
4. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
5. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)