|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
(a) If Richie keeps making moves on him.
(b) If Carlyle falls asleep on the floor again.
(c) If Carlyle moves into their bunk room.
(d) If Rooney keeps coming in drunk.
2. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
(b) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(c) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(d) Carlyle says he is drunk.
3. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(c) A cathouse.
4. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(b) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(c) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(d) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
5. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
6. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
(a) Richie claims Carlyle must have some very important business to attend to.
(b) Richie tries to kiss Carlyle.
(c) Richie goes over to Carlyle and holds his hand while walking him out.
(d) Richie is not peaceful; he is blunt and tells Carlyle to leave.
7. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pig.
(b) An animal.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pussycat.
8. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
9. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(a) Mopping the floor.
10. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(b) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(c) That Carlyle is trouble.
(d) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
11. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
(b) Because he has wheels.
(c) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(d) Because he really needs a friend.
12. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(b) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
(c) He does not care if he dies.
(d) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
13. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A book.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A hug.
(d) A beer.
14. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all share the same duty job.
(b) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(c) Because they are all gay.
(d) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
15. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is gay.
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he is weak.
(d) For kissing ass
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
2. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
4. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
5. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)