|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is weak.
(b) Because he is gay.
(c) For kissing ass
(d) Because he is dying.
2. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
(a) Pulls all of the sheets off.
(b) Tears up the Playboy and throws the pieces all over his bed.
(c) Sprays cologne all over it.
(d) Climbs in naked and rubs himself all over the sheets.
3. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An Army officer.
4. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too dark.
(c) Too angry.
(d) Too much feeling.
5. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Smoked his drugs.
(b) Slept on the floor with him.
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Kissed his "joint."
6. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(b) Because Billy talked back.
(c) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(d) Because Billy was the only other black man.
7. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(d) "What about me, Carlyle?"
8. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Basic training.
(b) In Vietnam.
(c) P Company.
(d) Recruiting meeting.
9. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A funny.
(b) A "Jim."
(c) A "homo."
(d) A punk.
10. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
(b) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(c) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(d) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
11. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(c) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
(d) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
12. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(a) The black boy.
13. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
14. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
15. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(a) Becoming a bouncer.
(b) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
(d) Becoming an S.P.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
2. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
3. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
4. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
5. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)