|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(b) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
2. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(a) A cathouse.
3. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A momma's boy.
(c) A child.
4. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(b) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(c) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
5. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they all share the same duty job.
(b) Because they are all gay.
(c) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(d) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
6. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(b) That Carlyle is trouble.
(c) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(d) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
7. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
(b) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
(c) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
(d) The Army is sending him home.
8. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pig.
(b) A pussycat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An animal.
9. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(b) He begins to do push-ups.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He forgot if he took a shower already.
10. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(a) The Pier.
11. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
12. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(b) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(c) Because Billy talked back.
(d) Because Billy was the only other black man.
13. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(d) The black boy.
14. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) Everyone bores him.
(b) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(c) He thinks everyone is gay.
(d) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
15. Where is Billy from?
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
2. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
3. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
4. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
5. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)