|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
(a) Sprays cologne all over it.
(b) Pulls all of the sheets off.
(c) Climbs in naked and rubs himself all over the sheets.
(d) Tears up the Playboy and throws the pieces all over his bed.
2. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(b) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(c) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(d) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
3. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(b) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(c) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
4. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He forgot if he took a shower already.
(b) He begins to do push-ups.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
5. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His heart.
(b) His scar.
(c) His soul.
(d) His "inner-gay."
6. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Late evening.
7. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
8. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) Because of the black-haired waitress.
(b) To lose his virginity.
(c) To become tougher.
(d) For the money.
9. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie has heard this story before.
(b) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(c) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
10. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Recruiting meeting.
(b) In Vietnam.
(c) P Company.
(d) Basic training.
11. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(b) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
(c) He does not care if he dies.
(d) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
12. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
13. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(b) Because he needs to go see his family.
(c) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(d) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
14. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) A towel.
(b) Foot powder.
(c) A bottle of cologne.
(d) The Playboy.
15. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(b) A momma's boy.
(c) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
2. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
3. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
4. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
5. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)