|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) Because of the black-haired waitress.
(b) To become tougher.
(c) To lose his virginity.
(d) For the money.
2. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
3. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(a) A cowboy hat.
(c) A duster coat.
(d) A smoking jacket.
4. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(b) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
(c) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(d) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
5. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
6. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(b) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(c) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
(d) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
7. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A child.
(b) A momma's boy.
8. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A hug.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A book.
(d) A beer.
9. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Basic training.
(b) P Company.
(c) Recruiting meeting.
(d) In Vietnam.
10. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(c) For the money.
(d) To become part of the world again.
11. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) An animal.
(b) A pig.
(c) A pussycat.
(d) A dog.
12. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
13. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) For kissing ass
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he is weak.
(d) Because he is gay.
14. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(c) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(d) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
15. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
(a) Richie tries to kiss Carlyle.
(b) Richie is not peaceful; he is blunt and tells Carlyle to leave.
(c) Richie claims Carlyle must have some very important business to attend to.
(d) Richie goes over to Carlyle and holds his hand while walking him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
2. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
3. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
4. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
5. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)