|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
2. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(b) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(c) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(d) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
3. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
(a) Becoming a bouncer.
(c) Becoming an S.P.
(d) Learning a "fall-away" jumper.
4. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(b) If there are any other gays in the unit.
(c) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
(d) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
5. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) An Army officer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A priest.
6. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His scar.
(b) His heart.
(c) His "inner-gay."
(d) His soul.
7. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is sending him home.
(b) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
(c) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
(d) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
8. Where is Billy from?
9. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(b) Because he has wheels.
(c) Because he really needs a friend.
(d) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
10. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
(b) He does not care if he dies.
(c) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(d) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
11. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(a) A cathouse.
12. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) A bottle of cologne.
(c) A towel.
(d) Foot powder.
13. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A beer.
(b) A hug.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A book.
14. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A dog.
(b) An animal.
(c) A pussycat.
(d) A pig.
15. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(b) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(c) Closes the bunk room door.
(d) Starts taking his clothes off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
2. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
3. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
4. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)