|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
2. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He forgot if he took a shower already.
(b) He begins to do push-ups.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
3. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy says she likes him.
(b) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(c) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(d) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
(a) Everyone bores him.
(b) He thinks everyone is beneath him.
(c) He thinks everyone talks bad about him.
(d) He thinks everyone is gay.
5. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
6. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(b) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
7. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A momma's boy.
(c) A child.
8. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(b) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(c) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(d) That Carlyle is trouble.
9. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Kissed his "joint."
(b) Smoked his drugs.
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Slept on the floor with him.
10. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to play basketball with him.
(b) Go to the movies with him.
(c) Go to town together.
(d) Go to cool off and take a shower.
11. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
12. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
(a) Richie claims Carlyle must have some very important business to attend to.
(b) Richie goes over to Carlyle and holds his hand while walking him out.
(c) Richie is not peaceful; he is blunt and tells Carlyle to leave.
(d) Richie tries to kiss Carlyle.
13. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a sex shop.
(b) Going to a peep show.
(c) Going to a whorehouse.
(d) Finding a male prostitute.
14. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
15. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(d) A cathouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
2. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
3. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
4. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
5. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)