|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(d) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
2. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Slept on the floor with him.
(b) Smoked his drugs.
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Kissed his "joint."
3. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A "homo."
(b) A "Jim."
(c) A punk.
(d) A funny.
4. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(b) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
(c) If there are any other gays in the unit.
(d) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
5. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
6. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
(a) His scar.
(b) His heart.
(c) His "inner-gay."
(d) His soul.
7. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(c) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(d) That is is nurture, not nature.
8. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A hug.
(b) A beer.
(c) A book.
(d) A cigarette.
9. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
(a) Carlyle runs is hands through Richie's hair.
(b) Carlyle starts hugging Richie.
(c) Caryle starts rubbing Richie's back.
(d) Carlyle starts kissing Richie.
10. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is trouble.
(b) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(c) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(d) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
11. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he has wheels.
(d) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
12. What does Carlyle call Roger throughout the play?
(a) The black boy.
13. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Take some of his pills.
(c) Drink a beer.
14. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to play basketball with him.
(b) Go to the movies with him.
(c) Go to cool off and take a shower.
(d) Go to town together.
15. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
2. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
3. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
4. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
5. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)