|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pussycat.
(b) An animal.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
2. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
(b) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
3. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(a) A child.
(c) A momma's boy.
4. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(d) Mopping the floor.
5. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(b) That Carlyle is trouble.
(c) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(d) That Carlyle is ignorant.
6. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
7. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
8. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) For the money.
(b) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(c) To meet women.
(d) To become part of the world again.
9. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(d) Because he has wheels.
10. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A "Jim."
(b) A punk.
(c) A "homo."
(d) A funny.
11. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
(b) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(c) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(d) Billy says she likes him.
12. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
(a) If Carlyle moves into their bunk room.
(b) If Rooney keeps coming in drunk.
(c) If Richie keeps making moves on him.
(d) If Carlyle falls asleep on the floor again.
13. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
14. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(c) The Pier.
15. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
2. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
3. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
4. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
5. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)