|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) Foot powder.
(b) The Playboy.
(c) A towel.
(d) A bottle of cologne.
2. What did Billy want to grow up to be?
(a) An Army officer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
3. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A hug.
(b) A beer.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A book.
4. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Smoked his drugs.
(b) Slept on the floor with him.
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Kissed his "joint."
5. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
6. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
7. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because Billy talked back.
(b) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(c) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(d) Because he had a crush on Billy.
8. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
9. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(b) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(c) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(d) Because he needs to go see his family.
10. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(d) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
11. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
(b) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
12. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
13. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) His brother died from leukemia.
(b) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(c) A childhood friend was murdered.
(d) Billy's parents abused him.
14. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
(a) He begins to do push-ups.
(b) He starts to bounce a basketball in the room.
(c) He grabs a beer and chugs it.
(d) He forgot if he took a shower already.
15. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(c) Mopping the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
2. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
3. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
4. Why does Carlyle say he doesn't like "nobody's voice but my own"?
5. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)