|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
2. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to cool off and take a shower.
(b) Go to town together.
(c) Go to play basketball with him.
(d) Go to the movies with him.
3. Richie enters the bunk room as Carlyle and Billy are discussing him. What does Richie state about Carlyle?
(a) That Carlyle is a closet homosexual.
(b) That Carlyle is ignorant.
(c) That Carlyle has not come down out of the trees yet.
(d) That Carlyle is trouble.
4. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
(a) "What about me, Carlyle?"
(b) "I hate you Carlyle!"
(c) "Why are you doing this to me Carlyle?"
(d) "Wait for me, Carlyle."
5. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A punk.
(b) A "Jim."
(c) A "homo."
(d) A funny.
6. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A pussycat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pig.
(d) An animal.
7. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(b) Billy says she likes him.
(c) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(d) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
8. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
9. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
(a) To become tougher.
(b) To lose his virginity.
(c) Because of the black-haired waitress.
(d) For the money.
10. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(b) Smoked his drugs.
(c) Kissed his "joint."
(d) Slept on the floor with him.
11. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
(a) Recruiting meeting.
(b) P Company.
(c) In Vietnam.
(d) Basic training.
12. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) A towel.
(b) The Playboy.
(c) Foot powder.
(d) A bottle of cologne.
13. After Billy and Roger leave to go play basketball, what does Richie to to Billy's bed?
(a) Climbs in naked and rubs himself all over the sheets.
(b) Sprays cologne all over it.
(c) Tears up the Playboy and throws the pieces all over his bed.
(d) Pulls all of the sheets off.
14. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is gay.
(b) Because he is weak.
(c) Because he is dying.
(d) For kissing ass
15. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
2. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
3. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
5. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)