|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) Because he is gay.
(c) For kissing ass
(d) Because he is weak.
2. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Slept on the floor with him.
(b) Kissed his "joint."
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Smoked his drugs.
3. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(c) A cathouse.
4. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
5. Whose bed is Carlyle lying on when Billy comes back from the gym?
6. Where is Billy from?
7. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(a) Mopping the floor.
8. What comment does Billy make about the waitress that makes Roger laugh at him?
(a) Billy thinks she would make a good mother.
(b) Billy thinks she likes Roger.
(c) Billy says the black-haired waitress is smart.
(d) Billy says she likes him.
9. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(b) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(c) Because they found out that they grew up together.
(d) Because Billy talked back.
10. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
11. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
(b) A child.
(c) A momma's boy.
12. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(c) For the money.
(d) To become part of the world again.
13. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(c) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
14. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late evening.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
15. Why does Billy get angry when Richie questions him about a story he told about a friend turning gay?
(a) Richie asks Billy if he (Billy) is who turned gay.
(b) Richie tells Billy he is lying.
(c) Richie has heard this story before.
(d) Because Richie asks Billy if he thinks he could "turn gay."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
2. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
4. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
5. Why does Roger think Billy wants to get a part-time job bartending?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)