|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(b) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(c) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(d) Because he needs to go see his family.
2. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
3. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
(a) Because Billy talked back.
(b) Because Billy was the only other black man.
(c) Because he had a crush on Billy.
(d) Because they found out that they grew up together.
4. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(b) The Pier.
5. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He does not care if he dies.
(b) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
(c) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(d) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
6. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
7. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
(d) Because he has wheels.
8. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
9. Carlyle has entered Richie's room looking for Roger. What does Richie do to make Carlyle think that Richie is going to hit on him?
(a) Richie starts to stroke Carlyle's arm.
(b) Richie starts to wink at Carlyle.
(c) Starts taking his clothes off.
(d) Closes the bunk room door.
10. What is Carlyle's job in P Company?
11. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) A dog.
(b) An animal.
(c) A pussycat.
(d) A pig.
12. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
(a) Kissed his "joint."
(b) Smoked his drugs.
(c) Tried some "funny-stuff."
(d) Slept on the floor with him.
13. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too angry.
(c) Too dark.
(d) Too much feeling.
14. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(d) Late evening.
15. Where is Billy from?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
2. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
3. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
4. Why does Richie question his own mentality after Billy and Roger leave to play basketball?
5. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)