|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(b) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(c) Because he needs to go see his family.
(d) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
2. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
(a) An animal.
(b) A pussycat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
3. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
(a) Because they are all gay.
(b) Because they all share the same duty job.
(c) Because they all enlisted at the same time.
(d) Because they are all to go to Vietnam together.
4. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(b) Billy's parents abused him.
(c) His brother died from leukemia.
(d) A childhood friend was murdered.
5. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) For kissing ass
(b) Because he is dying.
(c) Because he is gay.
(d) Because he is weak.
6. News regarding Martin has come in. Where is Martin going?
(a) The Army is sending him home.
(b) The Army is transferring him to another unit.
(c) The Army is putting him in a mental hospital.
(d) The Army is sending him to Vietnam.
7. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
(a) The Pier.
8. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A hug.
(b) A beer.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A book.
9. As the others are leaving for town, what does Richie claim Billy is scared to death of?
(a) A cathouse.
10. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he has wheels.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
(d) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
11. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
(b) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(c) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
(d) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
12. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
(a) To learn the ropes of being tougher.
(b) For the money.
(c) To become part of the world again.
(d) To meet women.
13. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
(b) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(c) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(d) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
14. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
(a) Carlyle states that he was placed on the DL.
(b) Carlyle says he just received his papers.
(c) Carlyle says he is drunk.
(d) Carlyle says he is restless and bored.
15. How much money does Richie loan Carlyle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richie say to Carlyle as the men are leaving to go to town?
2. Where does Richie tell Carlyle the "real Richie" has gone?
3. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
4. What does Carlyle say Richie did to him when he slept on the bunk house floor?
5. After Carlyle leaves the room, after calling Richie rude, what does Billy say will cause him to find another bunk room?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)