|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(c) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
2. What does Richie suggest Billy do instead of going to town with Carlyle and Roger?
(a) Go to the movies with him.
(b) Go to cool off and take a shower.
(c) Go to play basketball with him.
(d) Go to town together.
3. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(d) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
4. Why does Carlyle tell Billy he will be fine in battle?
(a) He plans on becoming a traitor once in Vietnam.
(b) He does not care if he dies.
(c) He plans on going AWOL and never going to war.
(d) He has been dodging bullets his whole life.
5. What does Roger make Billy do when Billy tells him he is "sick-like"?
(a) Drink a beer.
(b) Take some of his pills.
(c) Take a shower.
6. What excuse does Richie make for closing the bunk room door?
(a) Richie says it is too bright in the hallway.
(b) Richie says he wants to have some private time with Carlyle.
(c) Richie saya that it is too loud in the hallway.
(d) Richie says that there is a draft in the hallway.
7. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
8. After Billy tells Carlyle that Richie is not "queer," what does Carlyle claim to want from Richie?
(a) Carlyle says he wants "nothing" from Richie.
(b) Carlyle says he wants some "dating tips" from Richie.
(c) Carlyle says he wants to "get some" from Richie.
(d) Carlyle says he wants to get grooming tips from Richie.
9. When Billy throws a basketball at Richie, what does the basketball knock out of Richie's hand?
(a) A towel.
(b) The Playboy.
(c) A bottle of cologne.
(d) Foot powder.
10. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
(b) Mopping the floor.
11. What does Roger take out of his locker to put on before leaving the base?
(a) A cowboy hat.
(b) A duster coat.
(c) A smoking jacket.
12. According to Carlyle, what is the Army all about?
13. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(b) That is is nurture, not nature.
(c) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
14. After asking for a loan, why does Roger claim that Carlyle needs to get off base for a while?
(a) Because he feels bad about how he has been acting.
(b) Because he needs to go get drunk.
(c) Because he is being shipped off the Vietnam soon.
(d) Because he needs to go see his family.
15. What plans about the trip does Richie find disgusting?
(a) Going to a sex shop.
(b) Finding a male prostitute.
(c) Going to a whorehouse.
(d) Going to a peep show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlyle blame his bad behavior on?
2. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. When Billy and Roger first met, why did Roger keep talking to Billy?
4. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)