|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(b) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(c) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(d) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
2. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) To go visit his sister.
(b) The movies.
(c) Home with him on leave.
(d) Off base to a bar.
3. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A letter from the Army.
(b) A picture of a naked man.
(c) A pin-up girl's picture.
(d) A wallet.
4. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(b) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(c) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(d) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
6. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes's boots are brown.
(b) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(c) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
(d) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
7. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(b) The president.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
8. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
9. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A pint of whiskey.
(b) A letter from Roger's family.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
(d) A cigar.
10. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(a) The National Anthem.
(c) A funeral march.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
11. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Man Over State.
(b) Military Occupation Specialty.
(c) Man On Stand.
(d) Military Officer's Standard.
12. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Losing his leg in battle.
(b) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(c) Killing 47 Chinese.
(d) Saving a fellow solider.
13. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
14. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) American soliders in Vietnam.
(d) The Russians.
15. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
2. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
3. Who are the two black characters in the play?
4. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
5. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)