|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes passes out and dies.
(b) Cokes kisses Richie.
(c) Cokes punches Billy.
(d) Cokes falls on his face.
2. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A military backpack.
(b) A green wooden footlocker.
(c) A mini-stove.
(d) A black wooden footlocker.
3. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
(a) Carlyle says he cannot find his bed; it is gone.
(b) Carlyle says he cannot walk because of his broken ankle.
(c) Carlyle is afraid of his bed.
(d) Carlyle is afraid Richie will get into bed with him.
4. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(d) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
5. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) More mops.
(c) Whiskey and beer bottles.
(d) The mail.
6. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) To go visit his sister.
(b) Home with him on leave.
(c) Off base to a bar.
(d) The movies.
7. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has AIDS.
(b) He has PTSD.
(c) He has BPD.
(d) He has leukemia.
8. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
(b) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(c) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(d) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
9. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(b) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(c) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(d) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
10. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will die in action in the war.
(b) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(c) He will drink himself to death.
(d) He will blow himself up.
11. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all have college educations.
(b) They are all white.
(c) They are all black.
(d) They all come from wealthy families.
12. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(b) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) He was stabbed and died.
13. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(d) Tries to sneak out.
14. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(a) The president.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
15. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
2. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
3. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
4. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
5. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)