|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Time off for good behavior from jail.
(b) Part of judges orders.
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Clark and Billy.
(b) Roger and Clark.
(c) Billy and Martin.
(d) Carlyle and Roger.
3. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Saving a fellow solider.
(b) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(c) Killing 47 Chinese.
(d) Losing his leg in battle.
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(b) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(c) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(d) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
5. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(b) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(c) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(d) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
6. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
7. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(b) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) He was stabbed and died.
8. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) Whiskey and beer bottles.
(b) More mops.
(d) The mail.
9. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) Home with him on leave.
(b) Off base to a bar.
(c) The movies.
(d) To go visit his sister.
10. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) 101st Airborne.
(c) The Seals.
(d) Special Ops.
11. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
12. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A green wooden footlocker.
(b) A mini-stove.
(c) A black wooden footlocker.
(d) A military backpack.
13. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(c) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
14. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
15. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
2. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
3. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
4. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
5. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)