|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(c) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
(d) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
2. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) To go visit his sister.
(b) The movies.
(c) Off base to a bar.
(d) Home with him on leave.
3. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(b) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(c) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(d) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
4. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(b) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(c) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(d) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
5. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
6. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) The Seals.
(c) Special Ops.
(d) 101st Airborne.
7. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go shower.
(b) Mop and buff the floor.
(c) Look at a Playboy.
(d) Go find Martin.
8. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From PTSD.
(b) From drinking.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) From dizzy spells.
9. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
10. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) An apple.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) A sandwich.
11. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(a) The president.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
12. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(b) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
(c) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
(d) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
13. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(b) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(c) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(d) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
14. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was killed by gunfire.
(b) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(c) He was stabbed and died.
(d) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
15. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) The mail.
(b) Whiskey and beer bottles.
(d) More mops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
2. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
3. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
4. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
5. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)