|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A pin-up girl's picture.
(b) A picture of a naked man.
(c) A letter from the Army.
(d) A wallet.
2. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all have college educations.
(b) They all come from wealthy families.
(c) They are all black.
(d) They are all white.
3. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
4. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(b) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(c) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(d) Roger wants to go to the gym.
5. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
6. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
(a) Foot powder.
(b) Army issue medicated powder.
(c) Baby powder.
(d) Baking powder.
7. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "ass."
(b) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(c) He was shot in the foot.
(d) He was shot in the "'ot."
8. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
9. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(b) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(c) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(d) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
10. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
11. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
(b) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(c) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(d) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
12. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Losing his leg in battle.
(b) Saving a fellow solider.
(c) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(d) Killing 47 Chinese.
13. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(b) 101st Airborne.
(c) Special Ops.
(d) The Seals.
14. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
(a) Carlyle says he cannot walk because of his broken ankle.
(b) Carlyle says he cannot find his bed; it is gone.
(c) Carlyle is afraid of his bed.
(d) Carlyle is afraid Richie will get into bed with him.
15. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(c) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
2. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
3. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
4. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
5. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)