|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(d) Tries to sneak out.
2. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They were drafted.
(b) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
(c) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(d) They enlisted.
3. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) Special Ops.
(c) 101st Airborne.
(d) The Seals.
4. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(a) Beautiful Streamers.
(c) Beautiful Screamers.
5. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A letter from the Army.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A pin-up girl's picture.
(d) A picture of a naked man.
6. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
(b) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(c) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
(d) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
7. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
8. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From drinking.
(b) From leukemia.
(c) From PTSD.
(d) From dizzy spells.
9. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go find Martin.
(b) Go shower.
(c) Mop and buff the floor.
(d) Look at a Playboy.
10. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To be killed and die in honor.
(c) To get away from his parents.
(d) To become "straight."
11. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(b) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(c) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
(d) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
12. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
13. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(b) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(c) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(d) Roger wants to go to the gym.
14. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Losing his leg in battle.
(b) Killing 47 Chinese.
(c) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(d) Saving a fellow solider.
15. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(c) Flight coordinator.
(d) Medical technician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
3. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
4. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
5. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)