|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They were drafted.
(b) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
(c) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(d) They enlisted.
2. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
3. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(b) American soliders in Vietnam.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) The Russians.
4. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) The president.
5. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) 101st Airborne.
(c) Special Ops.
(d) The Seals.
6. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(b) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
(c) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
(d) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
7. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(b) Tries to sneak out.
8. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go find Martin.
(b) Go shower.
(c) Look at a Playboy.
(d) Mop and buff the floor.
9. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
10. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
11. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(b) To get out of the military.
(c) To really cause death.
(d) For attention.
12. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(b) A funeral march.
(c) The National Anthem.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
13. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) Another beer.
(c) The mop.
(d) The blankets from their beds.
14. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
15. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(b) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(c) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(d) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
2. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
3. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
4. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
5. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)