|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has PTSD.
(b) He has AIDS.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has BPD.
2. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
3. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) The war.
(c) Losing a limb.
4. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because of good behavior.
(b) Because he is a Spec 4.
(c) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(d) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(b) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(c) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(d) Richie kicks Carlyle.
6. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(b) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
7. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(b) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(c) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(d) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
8. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(b) He was stabbed and died.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
9. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will blow himself up.
(c) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(d) He will die in action in the war.
10. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(b) The president.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
11. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
12. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) German soldiers.
(c) American soliders in Vietnam.
(d) The Russians.
13. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(b) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(c) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(d) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
14. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be killed and die in honor.
(b) To become "straight."
(c) To be around lots of men.
(d) To get away from his parents.
15. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For attention.
(c) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(d) To really cause death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
2. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
3. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
4. What does MOS stand for?
5. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)