|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
2. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(b) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(c) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(d) Richie kicks Carlyle.
4. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has PTSD.
(b) He has AIDS.
(c) He has BPD.
(d) He has leukemia.
5. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To become "straight."
(c) To be killed and die in honor.
(d) To get away from his parents.
6. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
7. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
(a) Baking powder.
(b) Foot powder.
(c) Army issue medicated powder.
(d) Baby powder.
8. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From PTSD.
(b) From dizzy spells.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) From drinking.
9. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) More mops.
(b) The mail.
(c) Whiskey and beer bottles.
10. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They were drafted.
(b) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(c) They enlisted.
(d) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
11. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Time off for good behavior from jail.
(d) Part of judges orders.
12. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(b) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
13. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(b) 101st Airborne.
(c) The Seals.
(d) Special Ops.
14. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A military backpack.
(b) A green wooden footlocker.
(c) A mini-stove.
(d) A black wooden footlocker.
15. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
2. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
3. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
4. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
5. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)