|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(a) Living quarters.
2. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) The blankets from their beds.
(c) Another beer.
(d) The mop.
3. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(a) The president.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
4. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
(a) Baking powder.
(b) Baby powder.
(c) Foot powder.
(d) Army issue medicated powder.
5. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From drinking.
(b) From PTSD.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) From dizzy spells.
6. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all have college educations.
(b) They all come from wealthy families.
(c) They are all black.
(d) They are all white.
7. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) Losing a limb.
(d) The war.
8. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A pint of whiskey.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
(d) A letter from Roger's family.
9. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
(b) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
(c) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(d) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
10. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
11. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To get away from his parents.
(b) To be around lots of men.
(c) To be killed and die in honor.
(d) To become "straight."
12. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(b) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(c) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(d) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
13. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(b) He will drink himself to death.
(c) He will die in action in the war.
(d) He will blow himself up.
14. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) Special Ops.
(c) The Seals.
(d) 101st Airborne.
15. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(a) Beautiful Screamers.
(b) Beautiful Streamers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
2. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
3. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
4. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
5. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)