|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A mini-stove.
(b) A military backpack.
(c) A black wooden footlocker.
(d) A green wooden footlocker.
2. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(b) Tries to sneak out.
3. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Military Occupation Specialty.
(b) Man On Stand.
(c) Man Over State.
(d) Military Officer's Standard.
4. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) A piece of pie.
(c) An apple.
(d) A sandwich.
5. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all come from wealthy families.
(b) They all have college educations.
(c) They are all black.
(d) They are all white.
6. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From drinking.
(b) From leukemia.
(c) From PTSD.
(d) From dizzy spells.
7. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) Losing a limb.
(c) The war.
8. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) German soldiers.
(c) The Russians.
(d) American soliders in Vietnam.
9. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(b) Flight coordinator.
10. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(b) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(c) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(d) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
11. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will die in action in the war.
(c) He will blow himself up.
(d) He will be dishonorably discharged.
12. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(b) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(c) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(d) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
13. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(b) Beautiful Streamers.
(d) Beautiful Screamers.
14. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because he is a Spec 4.
(b) Because of good behavior.
(c) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(d) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
15. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
2. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
3. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
4. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
5. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)