|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(b) He will die in action in the war.
(c) He will drink himself to death.
(d) He will blow himself up.
2. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
(b) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(c) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
(d) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
3. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A picture of a naked man.
(b) A letter from the Army.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A pin-up girl's picture.
4. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
5. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(b) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
(c) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
(d) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
6. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
7. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has AIDS.
(b) He has PTSD.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has BPD.
8. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(b) Losing his leg in battle.
(c) Killing 47 Chinese.
(d) Saving a fellow solider.
9. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(b) The Russians.
(c) American soliders in Vietnam.
(d) German soldiers.
10. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) The war.
(b) Losing a limb.
11. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(b) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) He was stabbed and died.
12. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(b) Too much beer.
(c) Yellow fever as children.
(d) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
13. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A pint of whiskey.
(b) A letter from Roger's family.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A marijuana cigarette.
14. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(c) Tries to sneak out.
15. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) 101st Airborne.
(b) Special Ops.
(d) The Seals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
2. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
3. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
4. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
5. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)