|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
(b) They enlisted.
(c) They were drafted.
(d) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
2. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(b) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(c) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(d) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
3. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(b) To really cause death.
(c) For attention.
(d) To get out of the military.
4. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(a) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
5. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) Another beer.
(b) The mop.
(c) The blankets from their beds.
(d) The Playboy.
6. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
7. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A black wooden footlocker.
(b) A military backpack.
(c) A mini-stove.
(d) A green wooden footlocker.
8. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
9. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has BPD.
(b) He has leukemia.
(c) He has PTSD.
(d) He has AIDS.
10. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(a) Tries to sneak out.
11. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(b) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(c) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(d) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
12. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
13. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) The war.
(b) Losing a limb.
14. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
(b) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
(c) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(d) Cokes's boots are brown.
15. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Billy and Martin.
(c) Roger and Clark.
(d) Clark and Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
2. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
4. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
5. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)