|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(b) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(c) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(d) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
2. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(b) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(c) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
(d) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
3. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
4. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(b) He was stabbed and died.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
5. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(a) Yellow fever as children.
(b) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
(c) Too much beer.
6. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the foot.
(b) He was shot in the "'ot."
(c) He was shot in the "ass."
(d) He was shot in the "ah'm."
7. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They enlisted.
(b) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
(c) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(d) They were drafted.
8. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(b) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(c) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(d) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
9. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
10. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From PTSD.
(b) From dizzy spells.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) From drinking.
11. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(b) Living quarters.
12. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
13. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
14. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(a) The National Anthem.
(c) A funeral march.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
15. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
2. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
3. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
4. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)