|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A picture of a naked man.
(c) A letter from the Army.
(d) A pin-up girl's picture.
2. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because of good behavior.
(b) Because he is a Spec 4.
(c) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(d) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
3. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) American soliders in Vietnam.
(d) German soldiers.
4. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) An apple.
(b) Beef jerky.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A sandwich.
5. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
6. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
7. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From dizzy spells.
(b) From drinking.
(c) From leukemia.
(d) From PTSD.
8. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
9. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the foot.
(b) He was shot in the "ass."
(c) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(d) He was shot in the "'ot."
10. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
11. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
(b) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(c) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(d) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
12. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Time off for good behavior from jail.
(b) Part of judges orders.
13. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
14. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(b) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(c) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(d) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
15. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For attention.
(c) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(d) To really cause death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
2. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
3. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
4. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
5. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)