|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will blow himself up.
(c) He will die in action in the war.
(d) He will be dishonorably discharged.
2. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(b) Too much beer.
(c) Yellow fever as children.
(d) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
3. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(b) Because of good behavior.
(c) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
(d) Because he is a Spec 4.
4. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
(b) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
(c) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(d) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
5. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(b) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(c) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(d) Roger wants to go to the gym.
6. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(b) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(c) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
(d) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
7. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A marijuana cigarette.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A pint of whiskey.
(d) A letter from Roger's family.
8. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A letter from the Army.
(c) A pin-up girl's picture.
(d) A picture of a naked man.
9. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
10. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has AIDS.
(b) He has BPD.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has PTSD.
11. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
12. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(b) The Star-Spangled Banner.
(c) The National Anthem.
(d) A funeral march.
13. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
14. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
15. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(b) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(c) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
(d) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
2. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
3. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
4. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
5. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)