|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(a) The president.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
2. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(b) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
(c) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
(d) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
3. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) More mops.
(b) Whiskey and beer bottles.
(d) The mail.
4. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(b) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(c) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(d) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
5. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Mop and buff the floor.
(b) Go find Martin.
(c) Go shower.
(d) Look at a Playboy.
6. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For attention.
(c) To really cause death.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
7. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has leukemia.
(b) He has AIDS.
(c) He has BPD.
(d) He has PTSD.
8. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Part of judges orders.
(b) Time off for good behavior from jail.
9. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(c) Beautiful Streamers.
(d) Beautiful Screamers.
10. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(b) He will die in action in the war.
(c) He will drink himself to death.
(d) He will blow himself up.
11. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
(b) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
(c) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(d) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
12. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes falls on his face.
(b) Cokes punches Billy.
(c) Cokes kisses Richie.
(d) Cokes passes out and dies.
13. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
14. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Chinese.
(b) Saving a fellow solider.
(c) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(d) Losing his leg in battle.
15. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(b) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(c) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(d) Richie kicks Carlyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
2. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
3. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
4. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
5. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)