|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) 101st Airborne.
(b) Special Ops.
(c) The Seals.
2. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Saving a fellow solider.
(b) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(c) Losing his leg in battle.
(d) Killing 47 Chinese.
3. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(b) He was killed by gunfire.
(c) He was stabbed and died.
(d) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
4. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes passes out and dies.
(b) Cokes falls on his face.
(c) Cokes kisses Richie.
(d) Cokes punches Billy.
5. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
6. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
7. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) An apple.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) A piece of pie.
8. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) The movies.
(b) Off base to a bar.
(c) To go visit his sister.
(d) Home with him on leave.
9. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(c) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
10. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
11. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "'ot."
(b) He was shot in the "ass."
(c) He was shot in the foot.
(d) He was shot in the "ah'm."
12. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
13. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(a) Losing a limb.
(b) The war.
14. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(a) The mail.
(c) More mops.
(d) Whiskey and beer bottles.
15. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
2. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
3. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
4. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
5. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)