|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(d) Living quarters.
2. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To become "straight."
(b) To be killed and die in honor.
(c) To be around lots of men.
(d) To get away from his parents.
3. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From PTSD.
(b) From dizzy spells.
(c) From drinking.
(d) From leukemia.
4. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
5. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
6. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The mop.
(b) Another beer.
(c) The blankets from their beds.
(d) The Playboy.
7. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
(b) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(c) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(d) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
8. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
9. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
10. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
(a) Carlyle says he cannot find his bed; it is gone.
(b) Carlyle is afraid Richie will get into bed with him.
(c) Carlyle says he cannot walk because of his broken ankle.
(d) Carlyle is afraid of his bed.
11. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(b) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(c) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(d) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
12. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "'ot."
(b) He was shot in the foot.
(c) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(d) He was shot in the "ass."
13. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To really cause death.
(b) For attention.
(c) To get out of the military.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
14. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Clark and Billy.
(c) Roger and Clark.
(d) Billy and Martin.
15. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
2. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
3. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
4. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
5. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)