|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A picture of a naked man.
(c) A pin-up girl's picture.
(d) A letter from the Army.
2. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) Another beer.
(b) The Playboy.
(c) The mop.
(d) The blankets from their beds.
3. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(b) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(c) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(d) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
4. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To become "straight."
(b) To be around lots of men.
(c) To be killed and die in honor.
(d) To get away from his parents.
5. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A letter from Roger's family.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
(d) A pint of whiskey.
6. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
(a) He has AIDS.
(b) He has BPD.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has PTSD.
7. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
(a) Tries to sneak out.
8. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Military Officer's Standard.
(b) Man Over State.
(c) Man On Stand.
(d) Military Occupation Specialty.
9. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(b) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(c) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
(d) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
10. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
11. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
(b) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
(c) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(d) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
12. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
(a) "Ruby," by Ray Charles.
(b) "Solider Boy," by The Shirelles.
(c) "The Twist," by Chubby Checker.
(d) "It's Now or Never," by Elvis Presley.
13. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes kisses Richie.
(b) Cokes passes out and dies.
(c) Cokes punches Billy.
(d) Cokes falls on his face.
14. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
(a) Baking powder.
(b) Baby powder.
(c) Army issue medicated powder.
(d) Foot powder.
15. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) For attention.
(c) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
(d) To really cause death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
2. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
3. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
4. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
5. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)