|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking about their pasts, what does Billy say his friend, Richie, did to his girlfriend one night?
(a) Richie killed his girlfriend for cheating on him.
(b) Richie dumped his girlfriend to be with a man.
(c) Richie beat up his girlfriend for being with a woman.
(d) Richie choked her for calling him a "homo."
2. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(c) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
(d) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
3. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They all come from wealthy families.
(b) They all have college educations.
(c) They are all white.
(d) They are all black.
4. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was killed by gunfire.
(b) He was stabbed and died.
(c) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
(d) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
5. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because he is a Spec 4.
(b) Because of good behavior.
(c) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(d) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
6. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Military Occupation Specialty.
(b) Man On Stand.
(c) Military Officer's Standard.
(d) Man Over State.
7. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(b) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(c) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(d) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
8. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
9. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(b) The Russians.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) American soliders in Vietnam.
10. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Saving a fellow solider.
(b) Killing 47 Chinese.
(c) Losing his leg in battle.
(d) Killing 47 Vietcong.
11. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To become "straight."
(c) To get away from his parents.
(d) To be killed and die in honor.
12. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) The president.
13. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A military backpack.
(b) A mini-stove.
(c) A black wooden footlocker.
(d) A green wooden footlocker.
14. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A piece of pie.
(c) An apple.
(d) Beef jerky.
15. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "'ot."
(b) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(c) He was shot in the foot.
(d) He was shot in the "ass."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
2. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
3. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
5. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)