|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
(a) Billy claims it is to finally become someone to be proud of.
(b) Billy claims it is a deathwish.
(c) Billy claims it is only because of the court order.
(d) Billy claims it is because of Freedom's Frontier.
2. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
3. What happens to Cokes after he and Rooney finish singing their song?
(a) Cokes kisses Richie.
(b) Cokes passes out and dies.
(c) Cokes falls on his face.
(d) Cokes punches Billy.
4. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To be killed and die in honor.
(c) To get away from his parents.
(d) To become "straight."
5. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Part of judges orders.
(c) Time off for good behavior from jail.
6. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Chinese.
(b) Losing his leg in battle.
(c) Saving a fellow solider.
(d) Killing 47 Vietcong.
7. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(c) Living quarters.
8. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(b) Special Ops.
(c) The Seals.
(d) 101st Airborne.
9. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) An apple.
10. What does Roger get caught looking at in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A letter from the Army.
(c) A pin-up girl's picture.
(d) A picture of a naked man.
11. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
12. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(c) He will blow himself up.
(d) He will die in action in the war.
13. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Billy and Martin.
(c) Roger and Clark.
(d) Clark and Billy.
14. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
(b) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
(c) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(d) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
15. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They are all white.
(b) They are all black.
(c) They all have college educations.
(d) They all come from wealthy families.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
2. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
3. Who does Billy claim is a beautiful screamer?
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
5. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)