Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
2. When discussing the war with Richie, who does Roger claim everyone is saying is the new "Hitler"?
(c) The president.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
3. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Military Officer's Standard.
(b) Man Over State.
(c) Military Occupation Specialty.
(d) Man On Stand.
4. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
5. What object is at the foot of each of the bunks?
(a) A black wooden footlocker.
(b) A green wooden footlocker.
(c) A military backpack.
(d) A mini-stove.
6. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(b) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
(c) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(d) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
7. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go find Martin.
(b) Go shower.
(c) Look at a Playboy.
(d) Mop and buff the floor.
8. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From leukemia.
(b) From PTSD.
(c) From drinking.
(d) From dizzy spells.
9. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Billy and Martin.
(b) Carlyle and Roger.
(c) Clark and Billy.
(d) Roger and Clark.
10. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
(a) Carlyle is afraid of his bed.
(b) Carlyle says he cannot walk because of his broken ankle.
(c) Carlyle is afraid Richie will get into bed with him.
(d) Carlyle says he cannot find his bed; it is gone.
11. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
(b) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
(c) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(d) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
12. What do Roger and Billy bring Carlyle while he is laying on the floor?
(a) The Playboy.
(b) Another beer.
(c) The mop.
(d) The blankets from their beds.
13. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(b) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(c) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(d) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
14. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
(b) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(c) Cokes's boots are brown.
(d) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
15. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(d) Flight coordinator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
2. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
3. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
4. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
5. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)