|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(a) Beautiful Streamers.
(c) Beautiful Screamers.
2. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
3. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(d) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
4. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
5. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) An apple.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A piece of pie.
6. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(b) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
(c) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
(d) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
7. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(c) Living quarters.
8. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They are all white.
(b) They are all black.
(c) They all come from wealthy families.
(d) They all have college educations.
9. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
10. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
(a) To be around lots of men.
(b) To get away from his parents.
(c) To become "straight."
(d) To be killed and die in honor.
11. According to Cokes, what makes the "gooks" yellow?
(a) Too much beer.
(b) Old booze and urinating in the water supply.
(c) Yellow fever as children.
12. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
(b) Whiskey and beer bottles.
(c) More mops.
(d) The mail.
13. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They enlisted.
(b) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(c) They were drafted.
(d) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
14. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
(a) He was assulted by a homosexual man.
(b) He was stabbed and died.
(c) He was killed by gunfire.
(d) A delivery truck lost control and ran over him.
15. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes's boots are brown.
(b) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(c) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
(d) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
3. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
4. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
5. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)