|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
(a) From drinking.
(b) From leukemia.
(c) From dizzy spells.
(d) From PTSD.
2. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Military Officer's Standard.
(b) Man Over State.
(c) Man On Stand.
(d) Military Occupation Specialty.
3. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) American soliders in Vietnam.
(d) The Russians.
4. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
5. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
6. How does Richie finish the following statement: "cleanliness is ....."?
7. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(b) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(c) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(d) Richie kisses Carlyle.
8. Why does Billy threaten Richie while they are mopping the bunks?
(a) Because Billy caught Richie smoking pot.
(b) Because Richie keeps making advances towards him (flirting).
(c) Because Richie is not working hard enough.
(d) Because he is afraid Richie will tell the Army he is homosexual.
9. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
(a) He was shot in the "ass."
(b) He was shot in the "'ot."
(c) He was shot in the "ah'm."
(d) He was shot in the foot.
10. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
(a) Cokes does not wear boots; he wears dress shoes.
(b) Cokes's boots are brown.
(c) Cokes wears jungle boots.
(d) Cokes's boots have a bullet hole in them.
11. Why does Carlyle refuse to get off of the floor and into bed?
(a) Carlyle is afraid of his bed.
(b) Carlyle is afraid Richie will get into bed with him.
(c) Carlyle says he cannot walk because of his broken ankle.
(d) Carlyle says he cannot find his bed; it is gone.
12. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
(a) Baking powder.
(b) Army issue medicated powder.
(c) Foot powder.
(d) Baby powder.
13. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Billy and Martin.
(c) Clark and Billy.
(d) Roger and Clark.
14. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(b) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
(c) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(d) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
15. How did Billy come to join the Army?
(a) Time off for good behavior from jail.
(c) Part of judges orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
2. According to Cokes's and Rooney's song, what must a paratrooper count to before pulling the cord to his shoot?
3. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
4. While recalling events from his hometown, what does Roger tell the others happened to the man in the phone booth?
5. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)