|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
(a) Medical technician.
(c) Flight coordinator.
2. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
3. What is Rooney's nickname for Cokes?
4. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(b) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(c) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(d) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
5. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(b) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(c) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(d) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
6. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) To go visit his sister.
(b) Home with him on leave.
(c) The movies.
(d) Off base to a bar.
7. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(b) Richie kisses Carlyle.
(c) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(d) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
8. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
9. Since Rich missed dinner to take care of Richie, what does Billy bring him from the mess hall?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) A piece of pie.
(c) An apple.
(d) A sandwich.
10. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
11. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(b) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(c) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(d) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
12. Why does Richie think that Roger would understand problems associated with being homosexual?
(a) Because Roger's brother is homosexual, and Roger should be understanding.
(b) Because Richie states that blacks are supposed to be understanding about human struggles.
(c) Because Richie believes that Roger is a homosexual and just not telling anyone.
(d) Because Roger has secrets comparable to hiding one's sexual orientation.
13. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
(a) The Seals.
(b) 101st Airborne.
(d) Special Ops.
14. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because he is a Spec 4.
(b) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
(c) Because of good behavior.
(d) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
15. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(c) He will blow himself up.
(d) He will die in action in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
2. What kind of powder does Richie use for his rashes?
3. How many years does Martin have left to serve in the military?
4. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
5. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)