|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the stage directions, what color are the shades that cover the lights?
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Billy and Martin.
(b) Clark and Billy.
(c) Roger and Clark.
(d) Carlyle and Roger.
3. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(b) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
(c) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(d) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
4. What did Cokes get the Silver Star for?
(a) Killing 47 Vietcong.
(b) Saving a fellow solider.
(c) Losing his leg in battle.
(d) Killing 47 Chinese.
5. Why does Roger tell Carlyle that he got such a nice room in the Army?
(a) Because he paid off the bunk officer.
(b) Because of his relationship with the master sergent.
(c) Because he is a Spec 4.
(d) Because of good behavior.
6. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) To get out of the military.
(b) To really cause death.
(c) For attention.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
7. Because of O'Flannigan's accident, what song was he unable to sing?
(c) Beautiful Screamers.
(d) Beautiful Streamers.
8. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
(a) They were drafted.
(b) They enlisted.
(c) It is part of time off for good behavior from jail.
(d) It is judges orders to avoid jail time.
9. According to the stage directions, how many lights hang at the center of the ceiling?
10. What is Richie's sexual orientation?
11. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
(b) Losing a limb.
(c) The war.
12. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
13. What excuse does Carlyle make for his behavior (crawling on the floor)?
(a) Carlyle states that he is drunk.
(b) Carlyle states he is afraid of dying and acting like a child makes him feel better.
(c) Carlyle does not give an excuse.
(d) Carlyle says he has lost his mind.
14. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(c) Living quarters.
15. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(a) A funeral march.
(b) The National Anthem.
(c) The Star-Spangled Banner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
2. What is Rooney's (L.B.J.) MOS?
3. What happened to Cokes when he ran over a spider hole while in battle?
4. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
5. How many bunks are on the stage at the opening of Act 1?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)