|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
(a) Lewis Carroll's, "Behind the Looking Glass."
(b) William Faulkner's, "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) Pauline Kael's, "I Lost it at the Movies."
(d) Jo & Meg's, "Comic Tragedies."
2. After calling Richie "Eddie," what does Richie say his friends call him?
3. During the discussion about Frankie, Billy tells Richie that there is a new theory regarding homosexuality. What is the new theory?
(a) That it is from drinking the water in New York.
(c) That it only happens to boys who grow up without fathers.
(d) That is is nurture, not nature.
4. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late evening.
5. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(d) Living quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What division of the Army have Rooney and Cokes been in together?
2. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
3. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
4. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
5. As Billy, Roger, and Richie are getting finishing up the floors, Roger gets out a radio. What song are they listening to?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)