|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Billy out "quality of talent," what is Carlyle referring to in regard to Richie and other men in the unit?
(a) If there are any other gays in the unit.
(b) If Billy has slept with Richie or anyone else in the unit.
(c) If Richie has "turned" anyone else in the unit gay.
(d) If Billy thinks Richie likes Carlyle.
2. Why does it seem impossible for Rooney to be competent in his MOS?
(a) He is too easily stressed.
(b) He has had two heart attacks.
(c) His hands shake too much.
(d) His eyesight is bad.
3. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(a) American soliders in Vietnam.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) The Russians.
4. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
(c) Living quarters.
5. What made Billy choose a profession that requires helping others?
(a) A neighbor went mad and started axing cars.
(b) His brother died from leukemia.
(c) Billy's parents abused him.
(d) A childhood friend was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
2. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
3. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
4. Where did Billy and Roger meet for the first time?
5. After coming in from playing basketball, how much money does Roger ask Billy or Richie to loan him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)