|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Man Over State.
(b) Man On Stand.
(c) Military Officer's Standard.
(d) Military Occupation Specialty.
2. After discussing what has happened to Martin, what does Richie offer to Carlyle?
(a) A book.
(b) A beer.
(c) A hug.
(d) A cigarette.
3. How does Richie try to get Carlyle to leave the room peacefully after Carlyle accuses him of being rude?
(a) Richie is not peaceful; he is blunt and tells Carlyle to leave.
(b) Richie claims Carlyle must have some very important business to attend to.
(c) Richie tries to kiss Carlyle.
(d) Richie goes over to Carlyle and holds his hand while walking him out.
4. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will drink himself to death.
(b) He will blow himself up.
(c) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(d) He will die in action in the war.
5. As Cokes and Rooney are telling the men about their past, what do they say happened to O'Flannigan?
(a) He pulled the shoot release at 500 feet and died.
(b) He did not pack his shoot properly, and it did not deploy.
(c) During a jump gone bad, he broke both of his legs and the Army sent him home.
(d) He turned on his fellow soliders, and they pushed him out of a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
2. When Carlyle begins to flirt drunkenly with Richie, what does he do?
3. Who are the two black characters in the play?
4. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where are the men planning on going when they leave the base?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)