|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlyle say that Richie has the duty job that he does?
(a) Because he is dying.
(b) For kissing ass
(c) Because he is weak.
(d) Because he is gay.
2. What does Carlyle ask Richie if he is?
(a) A "homo."
(b) A punk.
(c) A funny.
(d) A "Jim."
3. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
(a) He has found a mouse and is following it home.
(b) He is pretending he is at war and crawling through rice paddies.
(c) He has gone mad and reverted to child-like behaviors.
(d) Carlyle says he is practicing his duties: "the low crawl."
4. Who brings Carlyle back to the room after he flees from attacking Billy and Rooney?
5. In Act 1, where does Richie invite Billy to go?
(a) Off base to a bar.
(b) To go visit his sister.
(c) Home with him on leave.
(d) The movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men are talking about their fathers, what does Richie have trouble opening?
2. Why does Billy throw his sneaker at Carlyle?
3. According to the stage directions, where is Richie sitting at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Rooney receives two injuries from his struggle with Carlyle. What is his first injury?
5. While discussing Richie's homosexuality, what does Carlyle claim he can "see" of Billy's?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)