|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Clark and Billy.
(b) Carlyle and Roger.
(c) Billy and Martin.
(d) Roger and Clark.
2. During the conversation about their fathers, where does Richie believe he saw his father?
(a) On the news for commiting a murder.
(b) On a documentary about bums.
(c) In a cop car.
(d) On a corner selling hot dogs.
3. What does Billy do that causes Carlyle to draw a weapon?
(a) Billy starts rubbing Carlyle's feet.
(b) Billy punches Richie.
(c) Billy punches Carlyle.
(d) Billy calls Carlyle an animal.
4. Richie comes in while Billy and Roger are working out. How does Richie make fun of them?
(a) Richie says they will never become a couple if that is how they think it is done.
(b) Richie laughs and calls them "gay."
(c) Richie tells them that is not how one argues with the floor.
(d) Richie says that they are "humping" wrong.
5. What initial reason does Roger give for going off base with Carlyle?
(a) Because he has wheels.
(b) Because he really needs a friend.
(c) Because he thinks Carlyle needs to be watched over.
(d) Because he thinks a movie will do them both good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlyle think that Billy, Richie, and Roger share such a nice room?
2. How many people from Billy's platoon are going to Vietnam?
3. Why does Roger think Richie joined the Army?
4. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
5. What is the only book that Richie tries to read during the play?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)