|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the stage directions, what song begins playing at the end of Act 1?
(a) The National Anthem.
(b) A funeral march.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
2. Why does Roger want to stay at the barracks instead of going downtown with Carlyle?
(a) Roger wants to clean the barracks floors.
(b) Roger wants to go to the gym.
(c) Roger hates Carlyle and will never go anywhere with him.
(d) Roger wants to look at the Playboy.
3. What did Cokes do to the man in the spider hole?
(a) Aimed his rifle down the hole and opened fire.
(b) Threw the contents from his latrine down the hole onto the man.
(c) Threw in a gernade, sat on the lid, and waited for it to blow.
(d) Nothing, he was taken by a medic back to the camp.
4. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A marijuana cigarette.
(b) A pint of whiskey.
(c) A letter from Roger's family.
(d) A cigar.
5. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Clark and Billy.
(b) Carlyle and Roger.
(c) Billy and Martin.
(d) Roger and Clark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, what does Martin tell Richie he does every morning when he wakes up?
2. Why does Cokes claim he has been falling down a lot?
3. What is the one threat (as stated by the stage directions) that all of the men share?
4. How are Cokes's boots different from everyone else's?
5. Which character discusses the attempted suicide with the character who tried to slit his wrists?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)