|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the day is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late evening.
2. Who are the two black characters in the play?
(a) Carlyle and Roger.
(b) Billy and Martin.
(c) Clark and Billy.
(d) Roger and Clark.
3. How old was Billy when he decided what he wanted to do as a profession when he grew up?
4. What problem does Carlyle have with all of the officers in the Army?
(a) They are all white.
(b) They all have college educations.
(c) They all come from wealthy families.
(d) They are all black.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Richie do to Carlyle to get Billy to yell at him?
(a) Richie covers up Carlyle and pats his arm.
(b) Richie kicks Carlyle.
(c) Richie lies down beside Carlyle.
(d) Richie kisses Carlyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Billy is being questioned by Carlyle about his bunk mates, Billy denies that Richie is gay. What does Billy claim Richie is?
2. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
3. How did Martin and Richie come to be in the military?
4. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
5. What does Roger say will help Billy become tougher?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)