|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Richie is discussing the war with Billy and Roger, who does he claim hangs snakes by the tail in dark caves waiting for soldiers to enter and be bitten?
(b) The Russians.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) American soliders in Vietnam.
2. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Billy asks Roger if he thinks Billy is a what?
3. What character tries to slit his wrists in a suicide attempt?
4. According to Carlyle, what is "the black man's problem"?
(a) Too repressed.
(b) Too much feeling.
(c) Too dark.
(d) Too angry.
5. What does Carlyle pull out of his pocket after catching Roger in Richie's footlocker?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A pint of whiskey.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
(d) A letter from Roger's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
2. What is Richie's duty job in the Army?
3. As Roger is finishing up the mopping, what do Cokes and Rooney carry into the room?
4. Roger asks Billy if he would rather fight a war in the freezing cold or one where there were "awful ....". Awful what?
5. As Billy and Roger contemplate Carlyle's enlistment into the Army, why does Billy claim Carlyle is in the Army?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)