|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MOS stand for?
(a) Man Over State.
(b) Military Occupation Specialty.
(c) Man On Stand.
(d) Military Officer's Standard.
2. Why does Richie believe the suicide attempt was made?
(a) For attention.
(b) To get out of the military.
(c) To really cause death.
(d) For a diagnosis of mental illness.
3. What does Roger claim will happen to Sarge (Rooney) within one year?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged.
(b) He will drink himself to death.
(c) He will blow himself up.
(d) He will die in action in the war.
4. As the men are discussing Carlyle before going to town, why does Roger say Carlyle has been acting like he has?
(a) Roger feels like the whites are always trying to "keep him down."
(b) Roger claims Carlyle is homophobic.
(c) Roger claims that Carlyle is an alcoholic.
(d) Roger claims Carlyle is messed up in the head.
5. After Richie leaves to take a shower, what do Billy and Roger decide to do?
(a) Go find Martin.
(b) Look at a Playboy.
(c) Mop and buff the floor.
(d) Go shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roger tells Richie that he and Billy are exercising, Richie says, "everyone has their own little pet name for it." What is Richie referring to?
2. As Carlyle is leaving the room, he calls Richie a punk. What does Richie call Carlyle?
3. After lights out, why does Carlyle say he is crawling on the floor?
4. Why does Billy claim to want to get a part-time job as a bartender?
5. Why is Cokes sent home from battle?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)