|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most essential factor in concentrating forces?
(a) Maintaining the chain of command.
(b) Hiding the concentration from the enemy.
(c) Providing ample supplies.
(d) Keeping communications open.
2. Lawrence frequently utilized which strategy?
(b) Wedge attacks.
(c) Trapping forces by dependency.
3. Communications are most critical for forces of what size?
4. Which important development did Clausewitz overlook in his books?
(a) Rifled weapons.
(b) Secret treaties.
(c) The machine-gun.
5. Which of the following historical commanders did NOT enjoy supreme power in both military and political matters, as did Hitler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following nations was NOT a major player in the war on the eastern front?
2. In general, what was the state of mobility during World War II?
3. What was England's primary strength throughout the First World War?
4. Which war did Clausewitz's writings have a major impact on?
5. About how many Russian soldiers died on the eastern front during the First World War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hitler's study of Napoleon negatively influence him?
2. What are the important strategic differences between large and small armies.
3. What challenge did Germany face in fighting in Russian territory?
4. How does policy relate to national object and military aims?
5. Describe the strategies used by the Turks during the First World War.
6. What was the problem with Clausewitz's writings, and why did they have a negative impact on the first World War?
7. What were the results and casualty rates on the Southeastern and Mediterranean fronts during the First World War?
8. How successful was Germany's expansion during the early parts of World War II? Why was this expansion eventually halted and reversed?
9. Why was Ludendorff mostly unable to enact indirect strategies throughout the war?
10. What was the state of strategy and tactics on the eastern front during the First World War?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)