|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: The Theory of Strategy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic, employed by generals as early as Belisarius, was widely used in World War II?
(a) Human wave attacks.
(c) Overlapping fields of fire.
2. Communications are most critical for forces of what size?
3. Overall, what was the state of Hitler's grand strategy?
(a) He constantly fumbled the political side of grand strategy.
(b) He had well planned and positioned grand strategy.
(c) He could not handle the responsibility of grand strategy.
(d) He had no idea of the importance of grand strategy.
4. Who led the second Persian invasion of Greece?
(c) Darius the Great.
5. William's ally attacked England from which direction?
(a) The northeast.
(b) The southeast.
(c) The northwest.
(d) The southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the overall strategic planning for the First World War, what country acted as a buffer between Germany and Russia?
2. What factor aided Napoleon in his ascent to become ruler of a united France?
3. Which of the following historical commanders did NOT enjoy supreme power in both military and political matters, as did Hitler?
4. Hitler missed an excellent opportunity to wipe out the English army in what region?
5. In addition to the physical gains, why did Fabius employ his brand of warfare?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)