|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Eighteenth Century-Marlborough and Frederick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that which of the following can easily become involved in grand strategy?
(d) Organized labor.
2. About how many men was Belisarius given with which to conquer the Vandals?
(a) Fifteen thousand.
(b) A hundred thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand
3. What was Belisarius's first major reconquest?
4. Which of the following is a common method for generals employing the indirect approach?
(a) Luring opponents into weak positions.
(b) Moving rapidly without support.
(c) Besieging large towns.
(d) Using teams of mercenaries.
5. How does the author define "Grand Strategy"?
(a) The broad strategic military movement of forces.
(b) The organization of mass military forces.
(c) The policies that govern or closely relate to Generalship.
(d) The attack and defense of large regions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What methods characterized the Wars of Spanish Succession?
2. According to the author, how did Turenne's military strategy change as the general aged?
3. "Grand Strategy" incorporates what two elements of warfare?
4. What was unusual about the Wars of Spanish Succession?
5. Who was Caesar's main opponent throughout most of his campaigns?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)