|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Eighteenth Century-Marlborough and Frederick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of Fabius' tactics could be compared to what kind of modern warfare?
(a) Scorched-earth policy.
(b) Infiltration doctrine.
(c) Guerilla warfare.
2. The Wars of Spanish Succession were strongly affected by what factor in Europe?
3. What was the state of generalship during the British Civil Wars?
(a) The skills of generals on all sides varied widely.
(b) Generals were unskilled politicians.
(c) British generals far outmatched those of other forces.
(d) Generals were skilled and evenly matched.
4. Which of the following is a common method for generals employing the indirect approach?
(a) Besieging large towns.
(b) Luring opponents into weak positions.
(c) Using teams of mercenaries.
(d) Moving rapidly without support.
5. During Caesar's wars, who was fighting for control of Egypt?
(a) Pompey and Anthony.
(b) Cleopatra and her brother.
(c) Cleopatra and Anthony.
(d) Pompey and Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disadvantage can the use of "picked troops" offset?
2. According to the author, how did Turenne's military strategy change as the general aged?
3. How does the author define "Generalship"?
4. Effective grand strategies must include what factor?
5. What characteristic of the English occupation of France during the Hundred Year's war argues for the results being indecisive?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)