|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Eighteenth Century-Marlborough and Frederick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Belisarius carry out his wars of reconquest?
(a) The first century BC.
(b) The eighth century AD.
(c) The first century AD.
(d) The fourth century AD.
2. In addition to the physical gains, why did Fabius employ his brand of warfare?
(a) To wear down his opponent's strength.
(b) For pure fame and glory.
(c) In order to pillage territories more effectively.
(d) For pyschological effect.
3. Some of Fabius' tactics could be compared to what kind of modern warfare?
(a) Scorched-earth policy.
(c) Guerilla warfare.
(d) Infiltration doctrine.
4. What is true regarding decisive victories?
(a) They are independant of any gains made.
(b) They can only be won by indirect methods.
(c) They can be rapid, or can take decades or longer to achieve.
(d) They always occur suddenly and often unexpectedly.
5. What factor hampered Marlborough's progress?
(a) He was held back by cautious generals.
(b) The enemy had numerical superiority.
(c) Communications were not reliable at the time.
(d) Spanish supply trains were too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Eastern Roman Empire lose territory to the Turks in 1068?
2. How are the beneficial gains from warfare maintained?
3. In what area of generalship did Belisarius excel?
4. During Caesar's wars, who was fighting for control of Egypt?
5. Why did Caesar prefer to win battles and campaigns with as little bloodshed as possible?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)