|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hitler's Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, how did Turenne's military strategy change as the general aged?
(a) He relied on weak advisors.
(b) His strategy continued to improve.
(c) His increasingly relied on outdated strategies.
(d) His grasp of strategy faded quickly.
2. What historical general is cited as basing his conquests on popular support?
(b) William of Normany.
3. Which of the following was a factor in limiting the possibilities for strategy on the eastern front?
(a) Dependance on railways.
(b) Lack of large artillery.
(c) Insufficient manpower.
(d) Poorly trained generals.
4. What was the state of generalship during the British Civil Wars?
(a) Generals were unskilled politicians.
(b) British generals far outmatched those of other forces.
(c) Generals were skilled and evenly matched.
(d) The skills of generals on all sides varied widely.
5. What was Napoleon able to accomplish that Hitler could not?
(a) He conquered Russia.
(b) Non-French people were happy to live under his rule.
(c) He matched England's naval dominance.
(d) He ended his war peacefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what were the results of the Hundred Year's War, fought by du Guesclin and others?
2. In what strategic realm did Hitler fail?
3. Which of the following is a common method for generals employing the indirect approach?
4. About how many Russian soldiers died on the eastern front during the First World War?
5. Late in the war, the primary German leader in the east was allowed to employ the indirect method by using what kind of an attack?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)