|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the McCarran-Watter Act achieve?
2. What did Chinese soldiers bring to the United States between 1948 and 1953?
3. What Chinese immigrants were allowed to bring their wives?
4. Where did the second generation of Koreans see their future?
5. Where did Filipino immigrants work when they moved to Alaska?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which country colonized Korea and what was Korea's opinion of that colonization? What is the Korean independence movement? How did the colonization of Korea lead to Korean immigration to America?
Essay Topic 2
The gold rush caused many Chinese immigrants to move to California. Described the immigrants experience with the gold mining industry and America's attempts to stop immigrants from participating.
Essay Topic 3
Chinese immigrants aided in building the American railroad. Explain how Chinese immigrants came to work on the railroad and what struggles they faced while doing so.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)