|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Chinese communists take over China?
2. What did Chinese soldiers bring to the United States between 1948 and 1953?
3. What did the planters in the agricultural industry think of Filipino immigrants?
4. Which group is the largest of Asian immigrants?
5. What war resulted in a more diverse America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did Chinese female immigrants play in Takaki's book? How were women treated and what employment did they find?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the 1948 Displaced Persons Act and the 1953 Refugee Relief Act. Why did these acts come about and how did they change the immigration population in America?
Essay Topic 3
Who are Lung On and Ing Hay? Why did Takaki elect to include their story in his book? What contribution did they make to Asian immigration?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)