|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the organization laundromat owners formed?
2. In whose name did Asian-Indian place their land to avoid the Alien Land Law?
3. Unlike their counterparts in Hawaii, what did Filipinos in other states face?
4. What is the income level of Asian immigrants?
5. In 1910, who did the United States courts rule were white?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two chapter titles in Takaki's book and explain their relevance in context of the chapter and the entire book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of picture brides for immigrants. Also, describe the experience of the brides upon their arrival in America.
Essay Topic 3
Define the 1910 The Alien Land Law. Who enacted this law effect and why? Why did America choose to enforce this act? What was America threatened with?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)