|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lung On and Ing Hay live in America before receiving their letters?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 56 years.
(d) 17 years.
2. Which two populations clashed in America?
(a) Chinese and Hispanic.
(b) Korean and Chinese.
(c) Japanese and Korean.
(d) Hispanic and Korean.
3. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
(a) Engineering industry.
(b) Financial industry.
(c) Service industry.
(d) Technological industry.
4. Where did Asian-Indian workers work in California?
(a) Gold mines.
(b) Steel mills.
(c) The fields.
(d) The fishing boats.
5. What did Asian-Indian male workers wear?
(d) Eye patches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, who did the United States courts rule were white?
2. How does Takaki described the majority of Chinese immigrants in his book?
3. What did Lung On and Ing Hay do when they arrived in America?
4. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
5. Why did Takaki write this book?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)