|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most Filipinos initially arrive?
(c) San Francisco.
2. What does Takaki hope the reader learns about from his book?
(a) The history of Hawaii.
(b) The history of immigration.
(d) Asian culture.
3. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
4. Why were Asian-Indians able to find jobs in the fields down South?
(a) There were a lot of positions available.
(b) Low wages.
(c) They were willing to do hard work.
(d) The ban on Chinese immigrants.
5. In what year did Hawaiians recruit Asian-Indian workers?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
2. Where did the Filipino population go initially to find jobs?
3. What did Americans refer to the Asian-Indian workers as?
4. What did the McCarran-Watter Act achieve?
5. Where did Filipino immigrants work when they moved to Alaska?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)