|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what industry did the majority of Koreans work?
2. Why were Asian-Indians able to find jobs in the fields down South?
(a) There were a lot of positions available.
(b) The ban on Chinese immigrants.
(c) Low wages.
(d) They were willing to do hard work.
3. Whose rule were the Koreans opposed to in Korea?
4. When did the Chinese communists take over China?
5. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Filipino population go initially to find jobs?
2. Why did most Asian immigrants want to move to America?
3. What percentage of immigrants live in areas sparsely populated with Asians?
4. How long did Lung On and Ing Hay live in America before receiving their letters?
5. In what year did Hawaiians recruit Asian-Indian workers?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)