|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Japanese immigrants believe they would end up living after a few years of work?
2. What was the American Land and Produce Company?
(a) A Japanese farming community.
(b) A Japanese landscaping company.
(c) A collection of white business owners.
(d) A banana company.
3. What was the Japanese community based upon?
(a) Shared struggles.
(b) Shared cultural values.
(c) A common diet.
(d) A common religion.
4. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
5. In Chapter 3, where does Takaki write that many Chinese immigrants settled?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the foreign miners' license tax imposed?
2. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
3. After the mining industry turned their back on the Chinese, what industry did they turn to?
4. What were the Indian immigrants attempting to escape in India?
5. According to Takaki, what is the occupational structure based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Japanese limit Korean immigration?
2. How did the second generation of Koreans born in America differ from their parents?
3. Where did Asian immigrants tend to move to in America?
4. Why did Korean immigrants clash with Japanese immigrants in America.
5. Why did Hawaiian business owners began hiring workers other then Chinese immigrants?
6. What did the McCarran-Watter Act declare?
7. How did Chinese immigrants come to work on the Transcontinental Railroad in 1848?
8. Why did the Korean immigrants not have their own community to live in?
9. Why did Filipinos immigrate to America?
10. What were the working conditions of Filipino immigrants?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)