|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed a law prohibiting Japanese from migrating from Hawaii to the mainland?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) President Ford.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Nixon.
2. What does diversity in the work place accomplish according to Chapter 2?
(a) It prevents one block of immigrants from becoming too powerful.
(b) The bosses experience multiple cultures.
(c) It makes a positive work environment.
(d) It provides an educational experience.
3. What was the American Land and Produce Company?
(a) A collection of white business owners.
(b) A Japanese farming community.
(c) A banana company.
(d) A Japanese landscaping company.
4. How would unmarried Hawaiian men select Japanese brides?
(a) Someone chose for them.
(b) They were assigned by lottery.
(c) They courted them.
(d) From picture books.
5. Where did Japanese immigrants believe they would end up living after a few years of work?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what grade did education stop for plantation worker's children?
2. How were the Japanese treated similarly to the Chinese immigrants?
3. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
4. Why did very few Chinese immigrants return to China according to The Chinese Six Companies?
5. What emotion did the picture brides feel when they met their husbands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abiko Kyutaro and what did he accomplish?
2. Why did Hawaiian business owners began hiring workers other then Chinese immigrants?
3. How did Chinese immigrants come to work on the Transcontinental Railroad in 1848?
4. Describe Takaki's college experience. How was he treated?
5. How did Americans react to Filipino immigration?
6. What was the ultimate goal of Japanese immigrants when coming to America?
7. Why did Vietnamese immigrants arrive in America and where did they live when they first arrived?
8. Why did Korean immigrants clash with Japanese immigrants in America.
9. How did the coupon payment system work and what was wrong with it?
10. What business did William Hoper run? Who did he hire to help run his business?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)