|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 406-432.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would unmarried Hawaiian men select Japanese brides?
(a) They courted them.
(b) They were assigned by lottery.
(c) From picture books.
(d) Someone chose for them.
2. Why did very few Chinese immigrants return to China according to The Chinese Six Companies?
(a) No passport.
(b) The government would not let them return.
(c) Lack of family.
(d) No money.
3. What did immigrants think about Hawaii? Why did they go there?
(a) It was near the beach.
(b) Easy access to fishing.
(c) It had a low cost of living.
(d) It was paradise.
4. What illegal papers caused someone to be called a "paper son."
(a) Birth certificate.
(b) Death certificate.
(d) Citizenship papers.
5. Why were Asian-Indian workers subjected to racial slurs?
(a) Because of language.
(b) Because of religion.
(c) Because they dressed differently.
(d) Because of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Asian-Indian workers work in Washington?
2. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
3. What was the American Land and Produce Company?
4. In Chapter 3, where does Takaki write that many Chinese immigrants settled?
5. Which two populations clashed in America?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)