|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
(a) Other people applied for the job.
(b) To keep unions out.
(c) The Chinese immigration rates decreased.
(d) There was a strike.
2. What does Takaki assert people think about America's population?
(a) That the population is diverse.
(b) That the population is Asian.
(c) That the population is white.
(d) That America is a melting pot.
3. What valley did the author grow up in?
(a) Valley Gorge.
(b) Annapolis Valley.
(c) San Fernando Valley.
(d) Palolo Valley.
4. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
(b) The capitalist navy.
(c) The industrial reserve army.
5. In what state did the author grow up?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry did many Chinese immigrants move to the United States for?
2. Which policy worker called for the use of Chinese workers on the transcontinental railroad?
3. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
4. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
5. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)