|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pg. 79-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does diversity in the work place accomplish according to Chapter 2?
(a) It makes a positive work environment.
(b) It provides an educational experience.
(c) The bosses experience multiple cultures.
(d) It prevents one block of immigrants from becoming too powerful.
2. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
3. How many Koreans arrived in America between 1903 and 1920?
(b) More then 12,000.
(c) Less then 2,000.
(d) More then 8,000.
4. Why does Takaki assert that Asian immigrants opened their own businesses?
(a) Exclusion from labor force.
(b) Work ethic.
(c) Lack of taxes.
(d) Government assistance.
5. What industry did many Chinese immigrants move to the United States for?
(a) Gold mining.
(b) Steel mining.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Coal mining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did immigrants think about Hawaii? Why did they go there?
2. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
3. Who did unmarried Hawaiian men use to find brides in Japan?
4. How long had Takaki's family been in America?
5. What is a credit ticket?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)