|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pg. 21-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did William Hoper find to be unproductive workers at his sugar mill?
(a) The elderly.
2. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
3. What does Takaki say is the fastest growing ethnic population?
(b) Middle Eastern.
4. When Hawaii could not longer import Chinese workers, who did they entice to the workforce next?
5. What was the ethnic composition where the author grew up?
(c) Chinese and African American.
(d) Japanese and Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
2. How long had Takaki's family been in America?
3. Why does Takaki assert that Asian immigrants opened their own businesses?
4. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
5. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)