|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pg. 21-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hawaii could not longer import Chinese workers, who did they entice to the workforce next?
2. In what state did the author grow up?
(a) New York.
3. What valley did the author grow up in?
(a) Valley Gorge.
(b) San Fernando Valley.
(c) Annapolis Valley.
(d) Palolo Valley.
4. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) With the Mayflower.
(c) Immigration Act of 1968.
(d) Immigration Act of 1924.
5. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
2. In what year did Hawaii begin recruiting Filipino workers?
3. Which policy worker called for the use of Chinese workers on the transcontinental railroad?
4. Who did William Hoper find to be unproductive workers at his sugar mill?
5. What was the ethnic composition where the author grew up?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)