|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pg. 21-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hawaii could not longer import Chinese workers, who did they entice to the workforce next?
2. Why does Takaki assert that Asian immigrants opened their own businesses?
(a) Government assistance.
(b) Work ethic.
(c) Lack of taxes.
(d) Exclusion from labor force.
3. What does diversity in the work place accomplish according to Chapter 2?
(a) It provides an educational experience.
(b) It makes a positive work environment.
(c) It prevents one block of immigrants from becoming too powerful.
(d) The bosses experience multiple cultures.
4. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
(a) The Chinese immigration rates decreased.
(b) There was a strike.
(c) Other people applied for the job.
(d) To keep unions out.
5. In what year did Hawaii begin recruiting Filipino workers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did William Hoper find to be productive workers?
2. Which policy worker called for the use of Chinese workers on the transcontinental railroad?
3. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
4. In what state did the author grow up?
5. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)