|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pg. 21-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did William Hoper find to be productive workers?
(a) Brazilian immigrants.
(c) Polish immigrants
(d) Chinese immigrants.
2. Why does Takaki assert that Asian immigrants opened their own businesses?
(a) Exclusion from labor force.
(b) Lack of taxes.
(c) Government assistance.
(d) Work ethic.
3. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The West coast.
(b) The East coast.
(c) The South.
(d) The Midwest.
4. What does Takaki say is the fastest growing ethnic population?
(a) Middle Eastern.
5. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hawaiian planters begin hiring nationalities other then the Chinese?
2. On what island did the author grow up?
3. What does Takaki assert people think about America's population?
4. Which policy worker called for the use of Chinese workers on the transcontinental railroad?
5. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)