|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 230-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
2. What made Chinese immigrants a threat to the mining industry?
(a) Their culture.
(b) Their theivery.
(c) Their pointy shoes.
(d) Their long hair.
3. Why did Chinese immigrants forge documents after the fires in 1906?
(a) To own property.
(b) To return to China.
(c) To vote.
(d) To bring their family to America.
4. Where did Japanese women work in America?
(a) In laundromats.
(b) In and out of the home.
(c) At home.
(d) Out of the home.
5. How many Chinese workers were hired to work on the railways in 1865?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chinese immigrants go into debt easily?
2. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
3. What jobs did female Chinese immigrants hold according to Chapter 3?
4. What does diversity in the work place accomplish according to Chapter 2?
5. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)