|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 230-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Japanese treated similarly to the Chinese immigrants?
(a) With open arms.
(b) With respect.
(c) As dedicated workers.
(d) Racial prejudice.
2. In 1940, what percent of Chinese immigrants lived on the West coast?
3. What industry was very popular for Japanese immigrants to work in?
(a) Culinary arts.
4. Where did Chinese children study at night?
(a) The local laundromat.
(b) Their homes.
(d) Chinese schools.
5. When did William Hoper open his sugar mill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the foreign miners' license tax imposed?
2. What jobs did female Chinese immigrants hold according to Chapter 3?
3. In what year was a law passed that prohibited Japanese from owning land?
4. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
5. Why did very few Chinese immigrants return to China according to The Chinese Six Companies?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)