|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 315-356.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
2. What was the purpose of the taxes that were imposed on immigrants, according to Takaki?
(a) Exclusion of the Chinese.
(b) All citizens should be taxed.
(c) Law and order.
3. What caused the strike with the Central Pacific Railroad to end?
(a) An agreement was reached.
(b) Central Pacific Railroad went bankrupt.
(c) The Central Pacific Railroad threatened to hire black men instead.
(d) The Chinese people found a better company to work for.
4. Where did Japanese women work in America?
(a) Out of the home.
(b) At home.
(c) In and out of the home.
(d) In laundromats.
5. In what year was a law passed that prohibited Japanese from owning land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most Filipinos initially arrive?
2. Where did the Filipinos arrive from?
3. Unlike their counterparts in Hawaii, what did Filipinos in other states face?
4. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
5. What was the American Land and Produce Company?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)