Chapter 1, pgs. 3-20
1. What valley did the author grow up in?
(a) Valley Gorge.
(b) Palolo Valley.
(c) Annapolis Valley.
(d) San Fernando Valley.
2. On what island did the author grow up?
(d) Long Island.
3. In what state did the author grow up?
(d) New York.
4. What was the ethnic composition where the author grew up?
(a) Chinese and African American.
(d) Japanese and Chinese.
5. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The West coast.
(b) The South.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The East coast.
6. How long had Takaki's family been in America?
(a) Ten generations.
(b) More than three generations.
(c) Six months.
(d) One generation.
7. What does Takaki say is the fastest growing ethnic population?
(d) Middle Eastern.
8. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
(a) Immigration Act of 1922.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Immigration Act of 1965.
(d) Freedom of religion.
9. During 1970-1980 how many immigrants were Asian?
(c) One third.
This section contains 3,240 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)