|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
2. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
3. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
5. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the significance of the role that the Arab men play in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the points made about the justice system in the novel. Write an essay evaluating the critiques of the justice system in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you evaluate whether Meursault's decisions or forces out of his control have the most effect on his life and the outcome of the novel.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)