|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
3. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
4. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
5. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the author sets up Meursault as a character to whom it is hard to relate. Give specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you evaluate personal interaction in the novel. Consider how Meursault interacts with others and how they perceive his interaction.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the juxtaposition of life and death in the novel. How are these two themes used? Do the discussion of these themes produce similar or different results?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)