|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault react to his friends in the courtroom?
2. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
3. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
4. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
5. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the significance of the role that the Arab men play in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how foreshadowing is used as a literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Meursault encounters many different characters during the novel. Which of these characters do you think has the most influence on him? On whom do you think he has the most influence? Explain.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)