|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
2. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
3. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
4. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
5. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In much of the novel, Meursault seems to be resigned to his fate. Write an essay examining the idea of fate and discussing how it is explored in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring the significance of the role that the Arab men play in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the juxtaposition of life and death in the novel. How are these two themes used? Do the discussion of these themes produce similar or different results?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)