Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
3. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
4. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
5. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
Essay Topic 1
Select a physical setting from the novel, for example the cafe, the beach, etc. Then, explore the significance of the setting. How do the details of this setting contribute to plot and/or character development?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay considering the role that punishment plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select one character from the novel other than Meursault. Then, compare and contrast the character with Meursault. What are the similarities and differences in mannerism, action, emotion, thought, and so on?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)