|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
2. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
3. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
4. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
5. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
Essay Topic 1
Select one character from the novel other than Meursault. Then, compare and contrast the character with Meursault. What are the similarities and differences in mannerism, action, emotion, thought, and so on?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay evaluating the conclusion to the novel. Do you think it is complete or do you think it omits important details?
Essay Topic 3
Meursault is offered a job in Paris. Compare and contrast his home city of Algiers, North Africa and the city Paris according to the evidence provided in the novel. Make sure to include references to how each are uses figuratively as well as literally.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)