Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fictional method of execution that Meursault designs to leave room for escape.
2. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
3. How does Meursault respond to not knowing exactly when he will be executed?
4. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
5. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
6. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
7. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
8. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
9. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
10. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you evaluate personal interaction in the novel. Consider how Meursault interacts with others and how they perceive his interaction.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay evaluating the conclusion to the novel. Do you think it is complete or do you think it omits important details?
Essay Topic 3
Meursault encounters many different characters during the novel. Which of these characters do you think has the most influence on him? On whom do you think he has the most influence? Explain.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)