Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fictional method of execution that Meursault designs to leave room for escape.
2. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
3. How does Meursault respond to not knowing exactly when he will be executed?
4. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
5. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
6. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
7. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
8. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
9. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
10. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
Essay Topic 1
Select one character from the novel other than Meursault. Then, compare and contrast the character with Meursault. What are the similarities and differences in mannerism, action, emotion, thought, and so on?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how foreshadowing is used as a literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the significance of the role that the Arab men play in the novel.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)