Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fictional method of execution that Meursault designs to leave room for escape.
2. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
3. How does Meursault respond to not knowing exactly when he will be executed?
4. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
5. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
6. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
7. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
8. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
9. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
10. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
Essay Topic 1
Meursault seems to remember very little when questioned about the shooting. Write an essay discussing the role of memory in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Meursault is offered a job in Paris. Compare and contrast his home city of Algiers, North Africa and the city Paris according to the evidence provided in the novel. Make sure to include references to how each are uses figuratively as well as literally.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the role of religion or religious belief in the novel.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)