|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
(a) It will be canceled.
(b) It will take several weeks.
(c) It is expected to be record breaking.
(d) It should be relatively brief.
2. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As a punishment.
(b) As a reward.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As normal.
3. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
(b) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(c) That Meursault had very few friends.
(d) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
4. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
(a) He yells for help.
(b) He continues to sleep.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He pulls out a gun.
5. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) Running off to Paris.
(b) Killing Marie.
(c) The stark reality of marriage.
(d) How lucky he is to have Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
2. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
3. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
4. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
5. What does Perez testify about in court?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)