|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
(b) The train.
(c) A car.
(d) The bus.
2. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
(a) They are comforting.
(b) They are torture to him.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They feel pathetic.
3. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
(a) Sit and drink wine.
(b) Clean the dishes.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Take a nap.
4. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
(a) Returns to tell the women what happened.
(b) Stays with Raymond.
(c) Calls Raymond's mother.
(d) Goes back to his apartment.
5. What does Perez testify about in court?
(a) That Meursault did not cry at his mother's funeral.
(b) That Meursault's mother beat him.
(c) That Meursault was comforting to him.
(d) That Meursault killed the Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
2. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
3. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
4. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
5. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Meursault see outside his prison cell?
2. Who does Meursault's attorney talk to and what does he find when he investigates Meursault's background?
3. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
4. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
5. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
6. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
7. For what means does the prosecutor state that Meursault is an intelligent man?
8. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
9. When does the local magistrate first interview Meursault and in what is he most interested?
10. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)