|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They persecute him.
(b) They physically injure him.
(c) They coddle him.
(d) They avoid discussing religion.
2. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(b) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(c) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
(d) It doesn't.
3. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) The press.
(c) His friends.
(d) The prosecution.
4. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His lies on the stand.
(b) His love of the beach.
(c) His friendship with Meursault.
(d) His indecent lifestyle.
5. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) In the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
2. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
3. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
4. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
5. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)