|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(d) Life threatening.
2. How do the people in the courtroom feel about what Meursault says in his own defense?
3. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) Killing Marie.
(b) Running off to Paris.
(c) The stark reality of marriage.
(d) How lucky he is to have Marie.
4. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
(a) He says that he is very slow.
(b) He says he is an intelligent man.
(c) He says that he is not smart.
(d) He says that he is too brilliant.
5. What mindset does Meursault resign himself to in prison?
(a) That of a prisoner.
(b) That of a guard.
(c) That of a free man.
(d) That of a believer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
2. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
3. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
4. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
5. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)