|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(b) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(c) All eventually turn and leave.
(d) Meursault shoots the Arab.
2. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
(b) The Arab that has been stalking him.
(d) A man he does not recognize.
3. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
(a) There is much commotion.
(b) There are hushed whispers.
(c) It is completely quiet.
(d) There is a consistent tapping.
4. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 11 months.
5. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
(a) They focus on the facts of the case.
(b) They are compassionate.
(c) They ignore Meursault's mental state.
(d) They are irrational.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
2. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
3. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
4. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
5. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
2. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
3. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
4. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
5. Describe the events surrounding Meursault's killing of the Arab.
6. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
7. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
8. When Meursault's attorney first arrives, what does he notice about Meursault and how does this affect him?
9. How do Meursault's feelings about God and repentance compare to other people in his situation?
10. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)