|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
(a) Another murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) No one.
2. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Shoot the Arabs.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(d) Move to England.
3. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
4. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
(a) He has grown accustomed to the dark.
(b) He has lost himself.
(c) He has remained stubborn.
(d) He has adapted.
5. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
(a) They are astonished.
(b) They find it normal.
(c) They think he is a demon.
(d) They expected it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
2. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
3. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
4. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
5. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)