|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) The noise.
(b) His unshavenness.
(c) His upcoming death.
(d) Her beauty.
2. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
(b) Every day.
(c) 5 times.
3. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
(b) Extremely tiny.
4. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
(a) Stays with Raymond.
(b) Goes back to his apartment.
(c) Calls Raymond's mother.
(d) Returns to tell the women what happened.
5. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
(a) He pulls out a gun.
(b) He yells for help.
(c) He continues to sleep.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
2. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
4. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
5. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)