|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) His friends.
(d) The press.
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) The beach house.
(c) A stream.
(d) A sand castle.
3. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That Meursault should already be dead.
(b) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(c) That it is an odd reaction.
(d) That it is a normal reaction.
4. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) By withholding certain information.
(b) With a detailed response.
(c) With an honest answer.
(d) By telling a complete lie.
5. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The Arab stabbing him.
(b) The sun light off of a knife.
(c) The sun light off the water.
(d) A punch from behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
2. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
3. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
4. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
5. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)