|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
(a) Meursault is not ready to repent until proven guilty.
(b) Meursault would repent if he was guilty.
(c) Meursault has already repented.
(d) Meursault shows no desire to repent.
2. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
(a) It will be canceled.
(b) It should be relatively brief.
(c) It will take several weeks.
(d) It is expected to be record breaking.
3. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
4. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As a reward.
(b) As a punishment.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As normal.
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(b) Not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
2. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
3. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
4. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
5. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
2. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
3. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
4. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
5. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
6. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
7. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
8. How do Meursault's feelings about God and repentance compare to other people in his situation?
9. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
10. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)