|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
(a) No one.
(c) A thief.
(d) Another murderer.
2. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
(a) It should be relatively brief.
(b) It will be canceled.
(c) It will take several weeks.
(d) It is expected to be record breaking.
3. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
(a) He says that he is too brilliant.
(b) He says that he is very slow.
(c) He says he is an intelligent man.
(d) He says that he is not smart.
4. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) The mountains and darkness.
(b) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
(c) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
(d) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
5. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The court appoints the attorney.
(b) The attorney is a family friend.
(c) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
(d) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
2. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
3. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
4. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
5. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
2. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
3. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
4. Who does Meursault's attorney talk to and what does he find when he investigates Meursault's background?
5. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
6. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
7. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
8. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
9. Describe Meursault's realization about punishment.
10. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)