|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
(a) He seems aware that he will be found guilty.
(b) He doesn't seem aware of implications.
(c) He seems aware that he will not marry Marie.
(d) He seems aware that he will feel guilt.
2. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) The mountains and darkness.
(b) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
(c) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
(d) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
3. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) A sand castle.
(d) A stream.
4. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
(a) He continues to sleep.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He pulls out a gun.
(d) He yells for help.
5. How do the people in the courtroom feel about what Meursault says in his own defense?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
2. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
3. Of which of the following materials is the beach house made?
4. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
5. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
2. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
3. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
4. Describe Meursault's realization about punishment.
5. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
6. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
7. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
8. When does the local magistrate first interview Meursault and in what is he most interested?
9. Describe Marie's visit to the prison.
10. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)