|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault react to his friends in the courtroom?
(a) He doesn't notice them.
(b) He hugs each of them.
(c) He doesn't acknowledge them.
(d) He waves at them.
2. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(b) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(c) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(d) All eventually turn and leave.
3. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
(a) The grime.
(b) The pretty policewoman.
4. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
(a) He pulls out a knife.
(b) He continues to sleep.
(c) He pulls out a gun.
(d) He yells for help.
5. How does Meursault express his regret?
(a) Through apologetic testimony.
(b) Through silence.
(c) Through the fear of death.
(d) He doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
2. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
3. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
4. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
5. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
2. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
3. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
4. Who does Meursault's attorney talk to and what does he find when he investigates Meursault's background?
5. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
6. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
7. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
8. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
9. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
10. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)