|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His indecent lifestyle.
(b) His lies on the stand.
(c) His love of the beach.
(d) His friendship with Meursault.
2. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
3. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
4. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
5. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) Throught the streets.
(d) To an undisclosed location.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault express his regret?
2. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
3. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
5. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the local magistrate first interview Meursault and in what is he most interested?
2. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
3. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
4. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
5. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
6. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
7. Describe Marie's visit to the prison.
8. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
9. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
10. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)