|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
(a) They are separated by a divider.
(b) She sits in his lap.
(c) They sit close to each other, embracing.
(d) They purposely sit apart from each other.
2. Prior to the trial, how does Meursault perceive the case against him?
(b) Not complicated.
3. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
(a) He seems aware that he will feel guilt.
(b) He seems aware that he will be found guilty.
(c) He seems aware that he will not marry Marie.
(d) He doesn't seem aware of implications.
4. What is Meursault's sentence?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) A long prison sentence.
(c) Death by hanging.
(d) Death by guillotine.
5. In what type of information is the magistrate most interested?
(a) Meursault's friends.
(b) The Arab's personal life.
(c) Meursault's personal life.
(d) The details of the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
2. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
3. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
4. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
5. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marie's visit to the prison.
2. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
3. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
4. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
5. When does the local magistrate first interview Meursault and in what is he most interested?
6. For what means does the prosecutor state that Meursault is an intelligent man?
7. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
8. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
9. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
10. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)