|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
(a) He drank too much salt water.
(b) He is nervous about marrying Marie.
(c) He has a stomach virus.
(d) He has had too much wine and it is hot.
2. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
(d) Masson's wife.
3. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
(a) Why he is in prison.
(b) Why he sent his mother to the nursing home.
(c) Why he killed the Arab.
(d) Why he wrote the letter for Raymond.
4. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To Raymond's house.
(b) To the hospital in town.
(c) To the beach house.
(d) To the doctor's house.
5. In what type of information is the magistrate most interested?
(a) Meursault's personal life.
(b) Meursault's friends.
(c) The Arab's personal life.
(d) The details of the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
2. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
3. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
5. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
2. Describe the events surrounding Meursault's killing of the Arab.
3. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
4. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
5. What can Meursault see outside his prison cell?
6. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
7. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
8. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
9. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
10. Describe Marie's visit to the prison.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)