|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
(b) Another murderer.
(c) No one.
(d) A thief.
2. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His indecent lifestyle.
(b) His love of the beach.
(c) His friendship with Meursault.
(d) His lies on the stand.
3. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
(a) He becomes only interested in his fate.
(b) He becomes less interested.
(c) He maintains the same level of interest.
(d) He becomes more interested.
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He is looking for someone to fight.
(b) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(c) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
(d) He wants to go for a swim.
5. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
2. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
3. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
4. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
5. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Meursault see outside his prison cell?
2. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
3. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
4. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
5. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
6. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
7. For what means does the prosecutor state that Meursault is an intelligent man?
8. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
9. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
10. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)