|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
(a) The guard.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) Meursault's attorney.
(d) The first witness.
2. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His love of the beach.
(b) His lies on the stand.
(c) His indecent lifestyle.
(d) His friendship with Meursault.
3. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(a) Life threatening.
4. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
(a) He feels as if he is part of a family.
(b) He longs to escape them.
(c) He misses Marie.
(d) He is depressed.
5. What is Meursault's sentence?
(a) Death by hanging.
(b) A long prison sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Death by guillotine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault observe about the physical surroundings of the interrogation room?
2. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
3. How does Meursault express his regret?
4. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
5. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
2. For what means does the prosecutor state that Meursault is an intelligent man?
3. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
4. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
5. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
6. When does the local magistrate first interview Meursault and in what is he most interested?
7. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
8. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
9. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
10. Describe Meursault's realization about punishment.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)