|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
(a) He seems aware that he will not marry Marie.
(b) He seems aware that he will feel guilt.
(c) He doesn't seem aware of implications.
(d) He seems aware that he will be found guilty.
2. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
(a) He has a stomach virus.
(b) He drank too much salt water.
(c) He has had too much wine and it is hot.
(d) He is nervous about marrying Marie.
3. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
4. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
(a) He has grown accustomed to the dark.
(b) He has adapted.
(c) He has remained stubborn.
(d) He has lost himself.
5. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
(a) He maintains the same level of interest.
(b) He becomes more interested.
(c) He becomes only interested in his fate.
(d) He becomes less interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
2. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
3. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
5. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
2. Why is Meursault alone on the beach after the day he has spent with Raymond and other friends at the beach house?
3. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
4. Who does Meursault's attorney talk to and what does he find when he investigates Meursault's background?
5. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
6. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
7. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
8. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
9. Whose testimony seems the most damaging and why?
10. What does Meursault miss in prison and what does the guard have to say about this?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)