|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
(b) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(c) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(d) It doesn't.
2. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The sun light off of a knife.
(b) A punch from behind.
(c) The Arab stabbing him.
(d) The sun light off the water.
3. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
(a) The jury.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The witnesses.
(d) The attorneys.
4. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices that they are squinting.
(b) He notices their lack of attention.
(c) He notices their distant looks.
(d) He notices their eyes on him.
5. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(b) Life threatening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
2. What mindset does Meursault resign himself to in prison?
3. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
4. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
5. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault respond to the magistrate's question about whether he has anything to say in his own defense and how does the jury interpret his response?
2. As the trial progresses, how does Meursault handle the trial and why?
3. For what means does the prosecutor state that Meursault is an intelligent man?
4. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
5. Describe what Meursault notices as he is placed in the interrogation room for the first time?
6. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
7. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
8. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
9. What question does the magistrate ask Meursault in which he is not satisfied with the response?
10. Describe the events surrounding Meursault's killing of the Arab.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)