|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
(b) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(c) Control his woman.
(d) Make himself available for questioning.
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(b) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(c) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(d) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
3. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(d) Raymond's mistress.
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The beach.
(b) The church.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The levee.
5. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he will get to see his friends.
(b) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(c) Because he can resume work.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
2. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
3. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
4. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
5. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
2. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
3. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
5. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
6. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
7. Who is Salamano and how do his neighbors respond to him?
8. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
9. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
10. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)