|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Drink scotch.
2. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
(b) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(c) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(d) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
3. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(b) His mistress's brother.
(c) Raymond's brother.
4. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They feel bad for him.
(c) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(d) They invite him into their homes.
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To the cafe.
(c) To his mother's grave site.
(d) To an all-night diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
2. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
3. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
4. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
5. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
6. Describe Raymond and Meursault's night after they go to the police station together?
7. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
8. Describe Meursault's musings at the sun sets on the Sunday after his mother's funeral.
9. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
10. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)