|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Intensely hot.
(b) Calm and breezy.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Freezing cold.
2. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(b) Raymond's mistress's.
(c) Raymond's brother's.
(d) Raymond's friend's.
3. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(b) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(c) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(d) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Drink scotch.
(b) Walk around town.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Search for Marie.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) As a friend's house.
(b) At the pub.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At Celeste's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
2. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
3. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
4. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
5. When his employer calls him into the office, where does he offer him a job and how does Meursault feel about the offer?
6. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
7. Describe the conversation that Meursault and Marie have about the job offer.
8. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
9. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
10. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)