Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A package from the post office.
(d) His mangy dog.
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His love for Marie.
(c) His dependence on family.
(d) His mental stablity.
3. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he will get to see his friends.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
4. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
(a) When she smiles a certain way.
(b) When she caresses his neck.
(c) When she looks pitiful.
(d) When she is mean to him.
5. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As unwelcome.
(b) As necessary to his mental health.
(c) As a nice break.
(d) As pleasant but unnecessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
2. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
4. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
5. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
2. Describe Meursault's realization about punishment.
3. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
5. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
6. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
7. Describe Raymond and Meursault's night after they go to the police station together?
8. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
9. Whose testimony is last and how does this testimony go?
10. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)