|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He slowly sifts through it.
(c) He asks for help with it.
(d) He plunges into it.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(c) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(d) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The sky's colors.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The noise of children fighting.
(d) The feel of water on his skin.
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his favorite cafe.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his house.
(d) At his brother's house.
5. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Write in a journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
2. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
4. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
5. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meursault's musings at the sun sets on the Sunday after his mother's funeral.
2. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
3. Describe the conversation that Raymond and Meursault have with Salamano about his missing dog.
4. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
5. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
6. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
7. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
8. When his employer calls him into the office, where does he offer him a job and how does Meursault feel about the offer?
9. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
10. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)