|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(b) He sobs wildly.
(c) He remains stoic.
(d) He faints.
2. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) His mangy dog.
(b) A pistol.
(d) A package from the post office.
3. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(c) Raymond's mistress.
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(b) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
(c) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(d) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his mother's sister.
(b) She was his neighbor.
(c) She was a co-worker.
(d) She was a family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
3. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
4. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
5. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
3. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
4. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
5. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
6. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
7. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
8. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
9. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
10. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)