|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog is sick.
(b) The dog has not returned.
(c) The dog is in the pound.
(d) The dog is back home.
2. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(a) The Caretaker.
(b) The ladies from the home.
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Swimming in the tides.
(c) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(d) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He got in a fight.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He accidently shot himself.
(d) He cut his hand with a knife.
5. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(b) She seats herself at his table.
(c) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
(d) She is a friend of a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
2. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
2. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
3. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
5. Who is Salamano and how do his neighbors respond to him?
6. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
7. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
8. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
9. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
10. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)