|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
2. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At her house.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) In the park.
(d) At the beach.
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By pushing him to the ground.
(b) With a slap.
(c) By handcuffing him.
(d) By threatening him with a gun.
4. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
(a) They are mean.
(b) They are too pale.
(c) They drink too much.
(d) They sleep too much.
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his neighbor.
(b) She was a family friend.
(c) She was his mother's sister.
(d) She was a co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
3. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
2. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
3. Describe Meursault's musings at the sun sets on the Sunday after his mother's funeral.
4. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
5. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
6. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
7. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
8. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
9. Who is Salamano and how do his neighbors respond to him?
10. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)