|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is loving.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is abusive.
(d) He feels she is grateful.
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(b) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He is less friendly than normal.
4. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) Salamano arguing with someone.
(b) The dog barking.
(c) Salamano's cries.
(d) A gunshot.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At the pub.
(b) As a friend's house.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At Celeste's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
2. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
4. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
5. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
2. When his employer calls him into the office, where does he offer him a job and how does Meursault feel about the offer?
3. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
4. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
5. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
6. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
7. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
8. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
9. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
10. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)