|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They are opening a new branch.
(b) The branch manager left.
(c) They are expanding.
(d) They need a specialist.
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(a) He doesn't know.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is loving.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is grateful.
(d) He feels she is abusive.
5. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(b) His friend from home.
(c) No one.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
4. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
5. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meursault's visit with the chaplain and the ideology he expresses during this visit.
2. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
3. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
4. Describe the physical attributes of the visiting room at the prison.
5. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
6. Describe Raymond and Meursault's night after they go to the police station together?
7. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
8. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
9. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
10. When his employer calls him into the office, where does he offer him a job and how does Meursault feel about the offer?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)