|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A suit.
(c) A black tie.
(d) A watch.
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(b) Because Raymond is his friend.
(c) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
3. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As fake.
(b) As kind.
(c) As unrealistic.
(d) As odd.
4. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(c) Marie's parents'.
5. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
2. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
2. Describe Meursault's musings at the sun sets on the Sunday after his mother's funeral.
3. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
4. Describe the conversation that Raymond and Meursault have with Salamano about his missing dog.
5. When his employer calls him into the office, where does he offer him a job and how does Meursault feel about the offer?
6. Who is Salamano and how do his neighbors respond to him?
7. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
8. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
9. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
10. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)