|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the gravesite.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) To the church.
2. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(a) The Caretaker.
(c) The ladies from the home.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The sky's colors.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The feel of water on his skin.
(d) The noise of children fighting.
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He asks them to leave.
(c) He sympathizes with them.
(d) He becomes angry at them and yells.
5. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Being distracted.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Inconsistent support of the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
2. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
3. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
4. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
5. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
2. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
3. Who is Salamano and how do his neighbors respond to him?
4. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
5. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
6. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
7. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
8. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
9. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
10. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)