|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) In the park.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At her house.
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It was bound to happen one day.
3. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
(b) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(c) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
(d) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
4. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) Most dogs return to their owners.
(b) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(c) The dog went off to die.
(d) The dog was probably stolen.
5. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
(a) Some Arabs are following them.
(b) He is beginning to get sick.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He does not like the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
3. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
4. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
2. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
3. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
4. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
5. Describe Meursault's experience washing his hands in the office when he returns to work.
6. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
7. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
8. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
9. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
10. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)