|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A cheater.
(c) An abuser.
(d) A dog.
2. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his mother's sister.
(b) She was a co-worker.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was a family friend.
3. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
(a) He tells him to go away.
(b) He is extremely empathetic.
(c) He is very interested.
(d) He invites him to his apartment.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(b) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(b) They feel bad for him.
(c) They invite him into their homes.
(d) They are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
2. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
3. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
5. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Meursault and Marie have about the job offer.
2. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
3. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
5. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
6. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
7. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
8. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
9. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
10. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)