|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he will get to see his friends.
(b) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(c) Because he can resume work.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
2. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Raymond is his friend.
(b) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(c) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(b) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(c) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(d) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
5. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
(c) Pot pie.
(d) Boiled potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
2. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
3. Who is Perez?
4. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
5. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meursault's preparations before boarding the bus to his mother's funeral.
2. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
3. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
4. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
5. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
6. Describe Meursault's visit with the chaplain and the ideology he expresses during this visit.
7. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
8. What does the magistrate question Meursault about and what is Meursault's answer?
9. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
10. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)