|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(b) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(c) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(d) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) As a friend's house.
(c) At Celeste's.
(d) At the pub.
3. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He cut his hand with a knife.
(b) He accidently shot himself.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He was attacked by a dog.
4. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
(a) They leave the apartment complex.
(b) They remain in their apartments.
(c) They offer to help him.
(d) They come to see what is going on.
5. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Being distracted.
(d) Inconsistent support of the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
4. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
5. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
2. How does Meursault spend the afternoon of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
3. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
4. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
5. Describe Meursault's experience washing his hands in the office when he returns to work.
6. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
7. Describe Raymond and Meursault's night after they go to the police station together?
8. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
9. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
10. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)