|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Wide and unathletic.
(d) Short and sturdy.
2. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That there was a robbery.
(b) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(c) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(d) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The church.
(c) The beach.
(d) The levee.
4. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the village cemetery.
(d) To a small plot on family land.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) As a friend's house.
(c) At Celeste's.
(d) At the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
2. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
3. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
4. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
2. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
3. Describe Meursault's musings at the sun sets on the Sunday after his mother's funeral.
4. What are the jury's findings in the case and what is the sentence?
5. Describe the fictional method of execution that Meursault designs to leave room for escape.
6. How does Meursault respond to not knowing exactly when he will be executed?
7. When Meursault's attorney first arrives, what does he notice about Meursault and how does this affect him?
8. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
9. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
10. Describe Meursault's experience washing his hands in the office when he returns to work.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)