|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He is terribly depressed.
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(a) He doesn't know.
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With overwhelming accomodations.
(c) With concerned questions.
(d) With flowers.
5. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
2. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
3. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
5. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
2. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
3. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
4. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
5. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
6. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
7. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
8. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
9. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
10. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)