|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
2. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
(a) He is very interested.
(b) He invites him to his apartment.
(c) He is extremely empathetic.
(d) He tells him to go away.
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Home to take a nap.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Back to work.
(d) To the park for a walk.
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
2. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
3. Describe the conversation that Raymond and Meursault have with Salamano about his missing dog.
4. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
5. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
6. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
7. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
8. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
9. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
10. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)