|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As a nice break.
(b) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(c) As unwelcome.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He lies and says that he does not.
(b) He admits that he does.
(c) He lies and says that he does.
(d) He admits that he does not.
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With concerned questions.
(c) With overwhelming accomodations.
(d) With flowers.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is abusive.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is grateful.
(d) He feels she is loving.
5. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
(b) She seats herself at his table.
(c) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(d) She is a friend of a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
2. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
3. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
4. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
5. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
2. How does Meursault's acknowledgment that his mother's funeral was the day before affect Marie and what observations does she make regarding his treatment of his mother's death?
3. Describe Meursault's experience washing his hands in the office when he returns to work.
4. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
5. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
6. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
7. When Marie and Meursault hear a raucous disturbance coming from Raymond's apartment, what does Marie asks Meursault to do? How does he respond and why?
8. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
9. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
10. Why does Raymond invite Meursault to the police station with him and how does Meursault respond
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)