|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) He doesn't try to contact her.
(c) Within an hour of her leaving.
(d) In the afternoon.
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(c) His mistress's brother.
(d) Raymond's brother.
3. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(c) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
4. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
(b) Pot pie.
(d) Boiled potatoes.
5. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
(a) An abuser.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cheater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
4. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Meursault considers the boiled potatoes he will have for dinner, who invites him for dinner and what is this person's appearance?
2. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
3. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
4. Where does the caretaker of the nursing home take Meursault after his arrival and what does the caretaker offer to do in this place that Meursault refuses?
5. What are Salamano's thoughts on Meursault sending his mother to the home?
6. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
7. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
8. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
9. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
10. Where does Meursault go after the funeral and what does he plan to do there?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)