|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By returning to her favorite places.
(b) By avoiding people.
(c) Through his interactions with friends.
(d) He doesn't.
2. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A cheater.
(c) An abuser.
(d) A dog.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is angry.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It was bound to happen one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
3. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
5. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
2. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
3. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
4. How does Meursault interpret the questions from his employer when he returns to work and why?
5. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
6. What accommodations does Meursault ask his employer to make when he finds out his mother has died and how does the employer react?
7. Who is Perez and what does he do during the funeral procession?
8. Where does Meursault meet Marie on the day after his mother's funeral and what do they spend the day doing?
9. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
10. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)