Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
(a) He invites her to his place.
(b) He tries to contact Marie.
(c) He seeks out Raymond.
(d) He follows her for a while.
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He asks them to leave.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(d) He does not engage with them.
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(b) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(c) Because Raymond is his friend.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His mental stablity.
(b) His dependence on family.
(d) His love for Marie.
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a co-worker.
(b) She was his mother's sister.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was a family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
2. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
4. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fictional method of execution that Meursault designs to leave room for escape.
2. What do Raymond, Masson, and Meursault do immediately after the knife fight on the beach?
3. How does Meursault respond to not knowing exactly when he will be executed?
4. Where does Meursault stay during his night in the village where his mother had lived and who stays with him?
5. Describe Meursault's dinner at Celeste's when Marie cannot meet him for dinner?
6. As Meursault, Marie, and Raymond travel to the bus stop, who do they see and what comes of the encounter?
7. Describe the fight that Raymond and the others have with the Arabs at the beach.
8. What is Meursault's mindset by the time Marie comes to visit him and why?
9. What do Meursault, Marie, and Raymond spend the morning doing after arriving at the beach house?
10. What does Meursault notice as he is led into the courtroom?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)