|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(a) The ladies from the home.
(c) The Caretaker.
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A watch.
(b) A suit.
(d) A black tie.
4. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(a) His mistress's brother.
(b) Raymond's brother.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
5. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meursault respond when Marie asks him to marry her and how does he feel about the question?
2. On what piece of clothing of Meursault's does Marie comment and what does this item represent?
3. After spending the night together the weekend after Meursault's first week back at work, what do Meursault and Marie talk about and what is his response?
4. How does Meursault spend the morning of the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
5. Describe the conversation that Meursault and Marie have about the job offer.
6. Where does Meursault eat on his first day back to work after his mother's funeral and what does he do after lunch?
7. Describe the purpose of the letter that Meursault agrees to write for Raymond.
8. Why does Meursault's employer chastise Meursault?
9. Describe Meursault's experience washing his hands in the office when he returns to work.
10. When Raymond opens the door for the police, what does the policeman discover and who else is observing the situation?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)