|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
(b) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(c) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
(d) That Meursault had very few friends.
2. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The Arab stabbing him.
(b) A punch from behind.
(c) The sun light off of a knife.
(d) The sun light off the water.
3. What does Perez testify about in court?
(a) That Meursault killed the Arab.
(b) That Meursault did not cry at his mother's funeral.
(c) That Meursault was comforting to him.
(d) That Meursault's mother beat him.
4. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
(b) The train.
(c) A car.
(d) The bus.
5. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
(a) There is much commotion.
(b) It is completely quiet.
(c) There is a consistent tapping.
(d) There are hushed whispers.
6. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
(c) Extremely tiny.
7. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
(a) Another murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) No one.
8. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
(a) They are astonished.
(b) They think he is a demon.
(c) They find it normal.
(d) They expected it.
9. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day after the chaplain visits.
(b) The day of the interrogation.
(c) The day before the trial.
(d) The day after his attorney arrives.
10. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices their distant looks.
(b) He notices their eyes on him.
(c) He notices that they are squinting.
(d) He notices their lack of attention.
11. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(c) Move to England.
(d) Shoot the Arabs.
12. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
(a) Why he is in prison.
(b) Why he killed the Arab.
(c) Why he sent his mother to the nursing home.
(d) Why he wrote the letter for Raymond.
13. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
(b) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
(c) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
(d) The mountains and darkness.
14. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
(a) It should be relatively brief.
(b) It is expected to be record breaking.
(c) It will take several weeks.
(d) It will be canceled.
15. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They persecute him.
(b) They physically injure him.
(c) They avoid discussing religion.
(d) They coddle him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
3. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
4. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
5. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)