|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
(a) The pretty policewoman.
(d) The grime.
2. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They are irrational.
(c) They ignore Meursault's mental state.
(d) They focus on the facts of the case.
3. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
(a) He has grown accustomed to the dark.
(b) He has adapted.
(c) He has remained stubborn.
(d) He has lost himself.
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(c) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(d) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
5. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
(b) Every day.
(d) 5 times.
6. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
7. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
(a) By embracing and kissing him.
(b) By telling him that his appeal is going well.
(c) By telling him that she is now dating Raymond.
(d) By telling them they will soon swim again and get married.
8. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
9. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) With a detailed response.
(b) With an honest answer.
(c) By withholding certain information.
(d) By telling a complete lie.
10. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 7 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 11 months.
11. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
(c) The Arab that has been stalking him.
(d) A man he does not recognize.
12. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(b) That Meursault should already be dead.
(c) That it is a normal reaction.
(d) That it is an odd reaction.
13. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day of the interrogation.
(b) The day after the chaplain visits.
(c) The day after his attorney arrives.
(d) The day before the trial.
14. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
15. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
(a) In the back of the courtroom.
(b) In a holding room.
(c) In his cell.
(d) In an alley way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
2. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
3. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
4. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
5. Of which of the following materials is the beach house made?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)