|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
(a) In his cell.
(b) In a holding room.
(c) In an alley way.
(d) In the back of the courtroom.
2. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(b) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(c) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(d) All eventually turn and leave.
3. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
4. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
(a) The attorneys.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The witnesses.
(d) The jury.
5. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Move to England.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Shoot the Arabs.
(d) Sleep with Mason's wife.
6. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
(a) Waking up covered in blood.
(b) The hot sun on his back.
(c) Shooting the Arab.
(d) Being blinded.
7. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
(a) Why he is in prison.
(b) Why he killed the Arab.
(c) Why he sent his mother to the nursing home.
(d) Why he wrote the letter for Raymond.
8. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) His upcoming death.
(b) His unshavenness.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) The noise.
9. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
10. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(b) Life threatening.
11. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) His friends.
(d) The press.
12. Prior to the trial, how does Meursault perceive the case against him?
(d) Not complicated.
13. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
(b) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
(c) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
(d) Many people want Meursault dead.
14. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
(b) That Meursault had very few friends.
(c) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(d) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
15. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To the doctor's house.
(b) To the beach house.
(c) To the hospital in town.
(d) To Raymond's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
2. With whom does Meursault share a cell?
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
4. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
5. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)