|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That Meursault should already be dead.
(b) That it is a normal reaction.
(c) That it is an odd reaction.
(d) That Meursault is mentally ill.
2. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
3. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
(a) He doesn't seem aware of implications.
(b) He seems aware that he will be found guilty.
(c) He seems aware that he will feel guilt.
(d) He seems aware that he will not marry Marie.
4. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault had very few friends.
(b) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
(c) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(d) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
5. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
6. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(c) Not well.
7. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
(a) He becomes more interested.
(b) He becomes only interested in his fate.
(c) He maintains the same level of interest.
(d) He becomes less interested.
8. Of which of the following materials is the beach house made?
9. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They ignore Meursault's mental state.
(c) They are irrational.
(d) They focus on the facts of the case.
10. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) The press.
(c) The jury.
(d) His friends.
11. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 7 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 2 years.
12. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(c) Shoot the Arabs.
(d) Move to England.
13. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He wants to go for a swim.
(b) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
(c) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(d) He is looking for someone to fight.
14. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
15. How do the people in the courtroom feel about what Meursault says in his own defense?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
2. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
3. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
4. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
5. How does Meursault express his regret?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)