|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
2. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
(a) In an alley way.
(b) In his cell.
(c) In a holding room.
(d) In the back of the courtroom.
3. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
(b) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
(c) The mountains and darkness.
(d) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
4. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
(a) He says that he is not smart.
(b) He says he is an intelligent man.
(c) He says that he is very slow.
(d) He says that he is too brilliant.
5. Prior to the trial, how does Meursault perceive the case against him?
(b) Not complicated.
6. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To an undisclosed location.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Throught the streets.
(d) To the courthouse.
7. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
(a) He is nervous about marrying Marie.
(b) He has had too much wine and it is hot.
(c) He drank too much salt water.
(d) He has a stomach virus.
8. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) A punch from behind.
(b) The sun light off the water.
(c) The Arab stabbing him.
(d) The sun light off of a knife.
9. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They focus on the facts of the case.
(c) They ignore Meursault's mental state.
(d) They are irrational.
10. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) His friends.
(c) The press.
(d) The prosecution.
11. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That Meursault should already be dead.
(b) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(c) That it is an odd reaction.
(d) That it is a normal reaction.
12. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
(a) He has remained stubborn.
(b) He has adapted.
(c) He has lost himself.
(d) He has grown accustomed to the dark.
13. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(b) Not well.
14. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) The noise.
(c) His unshavenness.
(d) His upcoming death.
15. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(b) Life threatening.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
2. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
3. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
4. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
5. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)