Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) His friends.
(d) The press.
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) The beach house.
(c) A stream.
(d) A sand castle.
3. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That Meursault should already be dead.
(b) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(c) That it is an odd reaction.
(d) That it is a normal reaction.
4. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) By withholding certain information.
(b) With a detailed response.
(c) With an honest answer.
(d) By telling a complete lie.
5. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The Arab stabbing him.
(b) The sun light off of a knife.
(c) The sun light off the water.
(d) A punch from behind.
6. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(a) Life threatening.
7. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) How lucky he is to have Marie.
(b) Running off to Paris.
(c) The stark reality of marriage.
(d) Killing Marie.
8. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) His upcoming death.
(c) His unshavenness.
(d) The noise.
9. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
10. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(b) All eventually turn and leave.
(c) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(d) Meursault shoots the Arab.
11. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
(a) He says that he is too brilliant.
(b) He says that he is not smart.
(c) He says he is an intelligent man.
(d) He says that he is very slow.
12. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
13. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
(a) Because they don't hurt anyone else.
(b) Because he is crazy.
(c) Because they are a need.
(d) Because he doesn't understand his punishment.
14. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
(b) Extremely tiny.
15. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
(a) He has had too much wine and it is hot.
(b) He is nervous about marrying Marie.
(c) He drank too much salt water.
(d) He has a stomach virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
2. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
3. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
4. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
5. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)