|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
(b) Extremely tiny.
2. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
3. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
(a) A car.
(b) The train.
(c) The bus.
4. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
(b) The attorney is a family friend.
(c) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
(d) The court appoints the attorney.
5. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day of the interrogation.
(b) The day after the chaplain visits.
(c) The day after his attorney arrives.
(d) The day before the trial.
6. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) Throught the streets.
(c) To an undisclosed location.
(d) To the dungeon.
7. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
8. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
(a) He says that he is not smart.
(b) He says that he is very slow.
(c) He says that he is too brilliant.
(d) He says he is an intelligent man.
9. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That it is an odd reaction.
(b) That Meursault should already be dead.
(c) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(d) That it is a normal reaction.
10. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(d) Not well.
11. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
(b) Many people want Meursault dead.
(c) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
(d) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
12. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) His upcoming death.
(c) His unshavenness.
(d) The noise.
13. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His lies on the stand.
(b) His friendship with Meursault.
(c) His indecent lifestyle.
(d) His love of the beach.
14. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
(a) He maintains the same level of interest.
(b) He becomes more interested.
(c) He becomes less interested.
(d) He becomes only interested in his fate.
15. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
(a) The jury.
(b) The witnesses.
(c) The attorneys.
(d) The magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mindset does Meursault resign himself to in prison?
2. What does Perez testify about in court?
3. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
5. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)