Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
(a) He invites her to his place.
(b) He tries to contact Marie.
(c) He seeks out Raymond.
(d) He follows her for a while.
2. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He asks them to leave.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(d) He does not engage with them.
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(b) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(c) Because Raymond is his friend.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His mental stablity.
(b) His dependence on family.
(d) His love for Marie.
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a co-worker.
(b) She was his mother's sister.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was a family friend.
6. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(b) The Caretaker.
(d) The ladies from the home.
7. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his favorite cafe.
(b) At his brother's house.
(c) At his house.
(d) At the local pub.
8. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) Flowers from his garden.
(b) An open invitation for dinner.
(c) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(d) A pen.
9. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A package from the post office.
(d) His mangy dog.
10. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He sobs wildly.
(c) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(d) He remains stoic.
11. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He has no emotions regarding it.
(b) He is dreading the wedding.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He is very excited.
12. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Walk around town.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Search for Marie.
(d) Drink scotch.
13. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Tall and gangly.
(b) Small and weak.
(c) Wide and unathletic.
(d) Short and sturdy.
14. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) On the train.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the woods.
15. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His uncle's two children.
(b) His father.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The caretaker of the nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
3. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
4. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)