|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) He doesn't try to contact her.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Within an hour of her leaving.
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(b) No one.
3. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(b) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
(c) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
(d) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
4. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Wide and unathletic.
(b) Small and weak.
(c) Tall and gangly.
(d) Short and sturdy.
5. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) The dog went off to die.
(b) The dog was probably stolen.
(c) Most dogs return to their owners.
(d) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
6. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He has lived through another Sunday.
(b) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(c) He will miss the weekend.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
7. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He sobs wildly.
(d) He remains stoic.
8. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By handcuffing him.
(b) With a slap.
(c) By threatening him with a gun.
(d) By pushing him to the ground.
9. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(a) Raymond's friend's.
(b) Raymond's mistress's.
(d) Raymond's brother's.
10. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(b) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(c) Swimming in the tides.
(d) Going to church.
11. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In his apartment.
12. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) His mangy dog.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A package from the post office.
13. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the gravesite.
14. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He was attacked by a dog.
(b) He cut his hand with a knife.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He accidently shot himself.
15. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(b) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(c) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(d) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Perez?
2. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
3. Where does the funeral procession travel?
4. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
5. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)