|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(b) Raymond's mistress.
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Within an hour of her leaving.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) He doesn't try to contact her.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his house.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his brother's house.
(d) At his favorite cafe.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
5. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(b) An open invitation for dinner.
(c) Flowers from his garden.
(d) A pen.
6. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
7. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To his mother's grave site.
(c) To the cafe.
(d) To an all-night diner.
8. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
9. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
(a) Some Arabs are following them.
(b) He does not like the ocean.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He is beginning to get sick.
10. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(b) No one.
11. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
(a) An abuser.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cheater.
12. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
(a) They come to see what is going on.
(b) They remain in their apartments.
(c) They leave the apartment complex.
(d) They offer to help him.
13. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The levee.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The beach.
(d) The church.
14. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(b) That there was a robbery.
(c) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(d) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
15. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(b) Marie's parents'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Perez?
2. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
3. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
4. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
5. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)