|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He accidently shot himself.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He cut his hand with a knife.
(d) He got in a fight.
2. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To a small plot on family land.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To the village cemetery.
3. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He has no emotions regarding it.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He is very excited.
(d) He is dreading the wedding.
4. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(a) His mistress's brother.
(b) Raymond's brother.
5. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By handcuffing him.
(b) By threatening him with a gun.
(c) With a slap.
(d) By pushing him to the ground.
6. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Welcoming her back in.
(b) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
(c) Setting down clear rules.
(d) Insulting her and kicking her out.
7. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
8. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He admits that he does.
(b) He lies and says that he does not.
(c) He lies and says that he does.
(d) He admits that he does not.
9. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) The branch manager left.
(b) They are expanding.
(c) They are opening a new branch.
(d) They need a specialist.
10. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog is in the pound.
(b) The dog is back home.
(c) The dog has not returned.
(d) The dog is sick.
11. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his brother's house.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his house.
(d) At his favorite cafe.
12. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(b) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(c) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(d) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
13. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Walk around town.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Drink scotch.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
14. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said disparaging things about him.
(c) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(d) They said that he was a perfect son.
15. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) At the beach.
(b) On the train.
(c) At the movies.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
2. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)