|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It was bound to happen one day.
2. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To an all-night diner.
(b) To his mother's grave site.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To the cafe.
3. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(a) Raymond's brother's.
(b) Raymond's friend's.
(d) Raymond's mistress's.
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(b) He is looking for someone to fight.
(c) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
(d) He wants to go for a swim.
5. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
(a) He is extremely empathetic.
(b) He tells him to go away.
(c) He invites him to his apartment.
(d) He is very interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
2. What element of his execution does Meursault liken to greeting another person?
3. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
4. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
5. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)