|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(b) To the park for a walk.
(c) Home to take a nap.
(d) Back to work.
2. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) With an honest answer.
(b) With a detailed response.
(c) By telling a complete lie.
(d) By withholding certain information.
3. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
(d) Masson's wife.
4. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
(a) Goes back to his apartment.
(b) Returns to tell the women what happened.
(c) Calls Raymond's mother.
(d) Stays with Raymond.
5. How does Meursault express his regret?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Through silence.
(c) Through apologetic testimony.
(d) Through the fear of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
2. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
3. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
4. Of which of the following materials is the beach house made?
5. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)