|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Back to work.
(b) Home to take a nap.
(c) To the park for a walk.
(d) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
2. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to the pub.
(c) Go to a brothel.
(d) Go to get dinner.
3. Where is Meursault while his fate is being decided in the courtroom?
(a) Outside the room.
(b) On the stand.
(c) Behind the judge.
(d) In the benches.
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He cut his hand with a knife.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He accidently shot himself.
5. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
(a) They are torture to him.
(b) They are comforting.
(c) They feel pathetic.
(d) They are rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
2. How does Meursault express his regret?
3. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
4. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
5. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)