|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
(a) When Meursault was a single man.
(b) When Meursault and Salamano went to the beach.
(c) When Meursault had a cat.
(d) When Meursault's mother lived with him.
2. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He plunges into it.
(c) He slowly sifts through it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By pushing him to the ground.
(b) By threatening him with a gun.
(c) With a slap.
(d) By handcuffing him.
4. What is Meursault's sentence?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) A long prison sentence.
(c) Death by guillotine.
(d) Death by hanging.
5. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
(a) Because he doesn't understand his punishment.
(b) Because he is crazy.
(c) Because they don't hurt anyone else.
(d) Because they are a need.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
2. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
4. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
5. According to Meursault, what fact makes him consider whether execution really matters?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)