|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
(a) By telling him that his appeal is going well.
(b) By telling him that she is now dating Raymond.
(c) By embracing and kissing him.
(d) By telling them they will soon swim again and get married.
2. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
(a) He is extremely empathetic.
(b) He tells him to go away.
(c) He is very interested.
(d) He invites him to his apartment.
3. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to a brothel.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to get dinner.
(d) Go to the pub.
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) At his brother's house.
(c) At his house.
(d) At his favorite cafe.
5. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
(a) They are rude.
(b) They are comforting.
(c) They feel pathetic.
(d) They are torture to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
3. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
4. Where is Meursault while his fate is being decided in the courtroom?
5. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)