|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
2. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
(a) By telling him that his appeal is going well.
(b) By telling him that she is now dating Raymond.
(c) By embracing and kissing him.
(d) By telling them they will soon swim again and get married.
3. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
(a) Meursault has already repented.
(b) Meursault shows no desire to repent.
(c) Meursault would repent if he was guilty.
(d) Meursault is not ready to repent until proven guilty.
4. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) The first witness.
(c) Meursault's attorney.
(d) The guard.
5. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
2. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
3. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
4. While the chaplain is visiting, what does Meursault say about his belief in God?
5. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)