|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He sobs wildly.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He faints.
(d) He remains stoic.
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Within an hour of her leaving.
(d) Late in the evening.
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To an all-night diner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To the cafe.
(d) To his mother's grave site.
4. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) His mangy dog.
(c) A package from the post office.
(d) A pistol.
5. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(b) Because Raymond is his friend.
(c) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(d) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
2. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
4. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)