|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) With a slap.
(b) By handcuffing him.
(c) By pushing him to the ground.
(d) By threatening him with a gun.
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(b) His mistress's brother.
(d) Raymond's brother.
3. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
4. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) He is not satisfied.
(b) He thinks Meursault said too much.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He understands.
5. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As normal.
(b) As a punishment.
(c) As a reward.
(d) As necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
2. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
3. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)