|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the courtroom feel about what Meursault says in his own defense?
2. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A suit.
(c) A black tie.
(d) A watch.
3. What emotion is triggered for Meursault by not knowing his execution date?
4. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Write in a journal.
(d) Eat dinner.
5. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
(b) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(c) Setting down clear rules.
(d) Welcoming her back in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
4. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
5. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)