|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) His unshavenness.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) The noise.
(d) His upcoming death.
2. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) Salamano's cries.
(b) The dog barking.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Salamano arguing with someone.
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A suit.
(b) A watch.
(d) A black tie.
4. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day after the chaplain visits.
(b) The day before the trial.
(c) The day after his attorney arrives.
(d) The day of the interrogation.
5. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) Through his interactions with friends.
(b) By avoiding people.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) He doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
2. Once Meursault realizes his execution is inevitable, how does he respond to this thought?
3. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
4. Where does the funeral procession travel?
5. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)