|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
(a) They are comforting.
(b) They are rude.
(c) They are torture to him.
(d) They feel pathetic.
2. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He has no emotions regarding it.
(b) He is dreading the wedding.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He is very excited.
3. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
(a) He is beginning to get sick.
(b) His mother is ill.
(c) Some Arabs are following them.
(d) He does not like the ocean.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
5. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He slowly sifts through it.
(c) He plunges into it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
2. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
3. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
5. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)