|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
(b) He is looking for someone to fight.
(c) He wants to go for a swim.
(d) He doesn't want to see Marie.
2. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Make himself available for questioning.
(b) Control his woman.
(c) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Full of visible grief.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Marked by anger.
4. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to the pub.
(c) Go to get dinner.
(d) Go to a brothel.
5. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Search for Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
3. What are Meursault's thoughts about his appeal?
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)