|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As unrealistic.
(b) As odd.
(c) As fake.
(d) As kind.
2. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 weeks.
3. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(b) She seats herself at his table.
(c) She is a friend of a friend.
(d) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(b) He is looking for someone to fight.
(c) He wants to go for a swim.
(d) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
5. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) With an honest answer.
(b) By withholding certain information.
(c) By telling a complete lie.
(d) With a detailed response.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
2. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
5. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)