|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
(a) He seems aware that he will not marry Marie.
(b) He seems aware that he will feel guilt.
(c) He seems aware that he will be found guilty.
(d) He doesn't seem aware of implications.
2. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a family friend.
(b) She was his neighbor.
(c) She was his mother's sister.
(d) She was a co-worker.
3. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(c) He sympathizes with them.
(d) He asks them to leave.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
5. Which of the following is true about most of the statements by the prosecutor in court?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They focus on the facts of the case.
(c) They are irrational.
(d) They ignore Meursault's mental state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
2. Who is Perez?
3. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
4. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
5. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)