|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
(a) He is very interested.
(b) He tells him to go away.
(c) He is extremely empathetic.
(d) He invites him to his apartment.
2. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
(a) He doesn't want to leave Marie.
(b) He is content with his current position.
(c) He doesn't want to learn a new language.
(d) He wants to be close to his mother's grave.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The sky's colors.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The feel of water on his skin.
(d) The noise of children fighting.
4. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
(a) They remain in their apartments.
(b) They offer to help him.
(c) They leave the apartment complex.
(d) They come to see what is going on.
5. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said disparaging things about him.
(c) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(d) They said that he was a perfect son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
2. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
3. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
4. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
5. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)