|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog is back home.
(b) The dog is in the pound.
(c) The dog has not returned.
(d) The dog is sick.
2. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They do not engage in conversation.
(b) They talk about death.
(c) They talk about Marie.
(d) They talk about the job in Paris.
3. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By avoiding people.
(c) Through his interactions with friends.
(d) By returning to her favorite places.
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With concerned questions.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With overwhelming accomodations.
(d) With flowers.
5. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
(a) He has grown accustomed to the dark.
(b) He has adapted.
(c) He has remained stubborn.
(d) He has lost himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Perez?
2. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
5. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)