|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices that they are squinting.
(b) He notices their distant looks.
(c) He notices their eyes on him.
(d) He notices their lack of attention.
2. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
(a) They are rude.
(b) They are torture to him.
(c) They are comforting.
(d) They feel pathetic.
3. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
(a) Being blinded.
(b) The hot sun on his back.
(c) Waking up covered in blood.
(d) Shooting the Arab.
4. What is the purpose of Meursault's only outburst during his imprisonment?
(a) To order an appeal.
(b) To cry for Marie.
(c) To grieve for his mother.
(d) To kick the chaplain out of his cell.
5. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The church.
(c) The beach.
(d) The levee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meursault's sentence?
2. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
3. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
4. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
5. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)