|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Meursault, what fact makes him consider whether execution really matters?
(a) The court system is corrupt.
(b) Every man is destined to die.
(c) He doesn't have any family.
(d) He doesn't want to marry Marie.
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(b) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(c) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(d) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
3. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They are expanding.
(b) They are opening a new branch.
(c) They need a specialist.
(d) The branch manager left.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Search for Marie.
5. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(a) Marie's parents'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
2. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
3. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
4. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)