|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(a) Raymond's brother's.
(c) Raymond's friend's.
(d) Raymond's mistress's.
2. Who is Perez?
(a) The caretaker's brother.
(b) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(c) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(d) A distant relative.
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They persecute him.
(b) They physically injure him.
(c) They avoid discussing religion.
(d) They coddle him.
4. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He has lived through another Sunday.
5. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With overwhelming accomodations.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With concerned questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
3. Prior to the trial, how does Meursault perceive the case against him?
4. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
5. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)