|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They are expanding.
(b) They need a specialist.
(c) They are opening a new branch.
(d) The branch manager left.
2. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
(a) Every day.
(d) 5 times.
3. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he will get to see his friends.
4. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
(b) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(c) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
(d) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He remains stoic.
(c) He sobs wildly.
(d) He excuses himself from the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
3. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
4. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
5. Which of the following is true about how Meursault has handled prison conditions?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)