|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(b) Shoot the Arabs.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Move to England.
2. What mindset does Meursault resign himself to in prison?
(a) That of a believer.
(b) That of a guard.
(c) That of a prisoner.
(d) That of a free man.
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They avoid discussing religion.
(b) They persecute him.
(c) They physically injure him.
(d) They coddle him.
4. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
(a) Shooting the Arab.
(b) Being blinded.
(c) The hot sun on his back.
(d) Waking up covered in blood.
5. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Throught the streets.
(d) To an undisclosed location.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
2. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
3. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
4. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)