|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
(a) In the evening.
(b) In the morning.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) At night.
2. What does Perez testify about in court?
(a) That Meursault was comforting to him.
(b) That Meursault's mother beat him.
(c) That Meursault did not cry at his mother's funeral.
(d) That Meursault killed the Arab.
3. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(b) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
5. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To Raymond's house.
(b) To the doctor's house.
(c) To the beach house.
(d) To the hospital in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of information is the magistrate most interested?
2. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
3. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
4. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)