|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(b) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(c) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(d) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
4. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the gravesite.
(d) To his apartment.
5. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
3. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
4. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)