|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
(a) They sleep too much.
(b) They drink too much.
(c) They are too pale.
(d) They are mean.
2. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They need a specialist.
(b) The branch manager left.
(c) They are expanding.
(d) They are opening a new branch.
3. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(b) Raymond's brother.
(d) His mistress's brother.
4. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
5. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(b) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(c) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(d) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
3. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
4. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
5. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)