|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He plunges into it.
(b) He slowly sifts through it.
(c) He avoids it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
2. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(b) He is looking for someone to fight.
(c) He wants to go for a swim.
(d) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
3. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He is very excited.
(b) He is dreading the wedding.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He has no emotions regarding it.
4. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(b) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(c) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(d) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
5. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
(b) Boiled potatoes.
(c) Pot pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
2. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
3. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
4. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
5. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)