|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
(a) The hot sun on his back.
(b) Being blinded.
(c) Shooting the Arab.
(d) Waking up covered in blood.
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(b) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(c) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(d) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To his mother's grave site.
(b) To an all-night diner.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To the cafe.
4. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
(b) The grime.
(c) The pretty policewoman.
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) He doesn't try to contact her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
2. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
3. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
4. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)