|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(b) Marie's parents'.
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) A sand castle.
(b) The beach house.
(c) A stream.
(d) A place to sleep.
3. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
(a) The sun shining through the blinds.
(b) People shouting for his beheading.
(c) The cold temperature and darkness.
(d) The show of support by his friends.
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is depressed.
5. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(b) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(c) Most deny that God exists.
(d) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
3. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)