|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(c) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(d) Going to church.
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(b) Because Raymond is his friend.
(c) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(d) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
3. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He thinks Meursault said too much.
(c) He understands.
(d) He is not satisfied.
4. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(b) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(c) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(d) He begins sobbing.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
3. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)