|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Make himself available for questioning.
(b) Control his woman.
(c) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
(d) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
2. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As necessary.
(b) As normal.
(c) As a reward.
(d) As a punishment.
3. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said that he was a perfect son.
(b) They said it was about time.
(c) They said disparaging things about him.
(d) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
4. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A stream.
(c) A sand castle.
(d) A place to sleep.
5. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) By withholding certain information.
(b) With an honest answer.
(c) With a detailed response.
(d) By telling a complete lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
2. Who is Perez?
3. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
4. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
5. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)