|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
2. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Make himself available for questioning.
(b) Control his woman.
(c) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
3. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people want Meursault dead.
(b) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
(c) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
(d) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
4. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
(a) That it is an odd reaction.
(b) That Meursault should already be dead.
(c) That Meursault is mentally ill.
(d) That it is a normal reaction.
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(c) He asks them to leave.
(d) He sympathizes with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
2. How does Marie feel about the job Meursault was offered in Paris?
3. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
4. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
5. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)