|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
(a) When she is mean to him.
(b) When she looks pitiful.
(c) When she smiles a certain way.
(d) When she caresses his neck.
2. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day after the chaplain visits.
(b) The day before the trial.
(c) The day of the interrogation.
(d) The day after his attorney arrives.
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They invite him into their homes.
(b) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They feel bad for him.
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Make himself available for questioning.
(b) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(c) Control his woman.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
5. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Raymond's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
3. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
4. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)