|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
(a) Why he sent his mother to the nursing home.
(b) Why he killed the Arab.
(c) Why he wrote the letter for Raymond.
(d) Why he is in prison.
2. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As a punishment.
(b) As a reward.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As normal.
3. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
(b) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
(c) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(d) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
4. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
5. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
(a) He throws it in the water.
(b) He sends it to his mistress.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He saves it for future use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Raymond's physical structure?
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
3. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
4. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
5. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)