|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The beach.
(b) The levee.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The church.
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His brother.
(b) No one.
(c) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(d) His friend from home.
3. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
4. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
(a) They purposely sit apart from each other.
(b) They are separated by a divider.
(c) They sit close to each other, embracing.
(d) She sits in his lap.
5. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A sand castle.
(c) A stream.
(d) The beach house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
5. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)