|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
(a) The moon.
(c) The sun.
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The attorney is a family friend.
(b) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
(c) The court appoints the attorney.
(d) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
4. What mindset does Meursault resign himself to in prison?
(a) That of a prisoner.
(b) That of a believer.
(c) That of a free man.
(d) That of a guard.
5. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
2. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
4. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
5. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)