|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(b) She thinks that it is terrible.
(c) She thinks that it is adequate.
(d) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(b) He has lived through another Sunday.
(c) He will miss the weekend.
(d) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
3. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) The mountains and darkness.
(b) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
(c) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
(d) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(d) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(d) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. How did Meursault know Marie?
3. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)