|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is grateful.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is abusive.
(d) He feels she is loving.
2. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
(a) He continues to sleep.
(b) He pulls out a gun.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He yells for help.
3. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
(a) By telling him that his appeal is going well.
(b) By embracing and kissing him.
(c) By telling him that she is now dating Raymond.
(d) By telling them they will soon swim again and get married.
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(b) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(c) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
(d) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
5. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Raymond's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
2. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
3. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)