|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Being distracted.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(d) Inconsistent support of the company.
2. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(b) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(c) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(d) All eventually turn and leave.
3. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
(a) They sleep too much.
(b) They are too pale.
(c) They drink too much.
(d) They are mean.
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Pouring rain.
(b) Intensely hot.
(c) Freezing cold.
(d) Calm and breezy.
5. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As kind.
(b) As odd.
(c) As unrealistic.
(d) As fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)