|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Within an hour of her leaving.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) He doesn't try to contact her.
2. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
(a) He misses Marie.
(b) He longs to escape them.
(c) He feels as if he is part of a family.
(d) He is depressed.
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Wide and unathletic.
(d) Short and sturdy.
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He wants to go for a swim.
(b) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
(c) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(d) He is looking for someone to fight.
5. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
2. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
3. Where does the funeral procession travel?
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)