|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The court appoints the attorney.
(b) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
(c) The attorney is a family friend.
(d) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
2. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) Most dogs return to their owners.
(b) The dog was probably stolen.
(c) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(d) The dog went off to die.
3. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
(a) A dark wall with water dripping down it.
(b) The water and the changing shades of sunlight.
(c) A small glimpse of the dirt outside the window.
(d) The mountains and darkness.
4. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(b) Most deny that God exists.
(c) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(d) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
5. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
(a) A car.
(c) The train.
(d) The bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
2. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
3. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
4. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)