|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) An open invitation for dinner.
(b) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(c) A pen.
(d) Flowers from his garden.
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The levee.
(b) The beach.
(c) The church.
(d) The cafe.
3. Besides cigarettes, what does Meursault miss while he is in prison?
4. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(b) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(c) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(d) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He remains stoic.
(b) He faints.
(c) He sobs wildly.
(d) He excuses himself from the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
2. What does Meursault observe about the physical surroundings of the interrogation room?
3. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
4. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)