|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the village cemetery.
(b) To a small plot on family land.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
2. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(b) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(c) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(d) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His tie.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His armband.
4. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) He doesn't try to contact her.
(d) Late in the evening.
5. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
(b) 5 times.
(c) Every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
3. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
4. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)