|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is adequate.
(b) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(c) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(d) She thinks that it is terrible.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In his apartment.
3. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
(a) Clean the dishes.
(b) Sit and drink wine.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Take a nap.
4. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The attorney is a family friend.
(b) The court appoints the attorney.
(c) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
(d) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
5. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
(a) He wants to be close to his mother's grave.
(b) He doesn't want to learn a new language.
(c) He is content with his current position.
(d) He doesn't want to leave Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
3. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
5. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)