|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(b) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
2. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog has not returned.
(b) The dog is in the pound.
(c) The dog is back home.
(d) The dog is sick.
3. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Intensely hot.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Calm and breezy.
4. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They need a specialist.
(b) They are expanding.
(c) They are opening a new branch.
(d) The branch manager left.
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
2. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
4. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)