|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(b) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(c) She thinks that it is adequate.
(d) She thinks that it is terrible.
2. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Inconsistent support of the company.
(b) Being distracted.
(d) Lack of ambition.
3. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He has no emotions regarding it.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He is dreading the wedding.
(d) He is very excited.
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(b) Flowers from his garden.
(c) A pen.
(d) An open invitation for dinner.
5. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(b) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(c) Because Raymond is his friend.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
2. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)