|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(b) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(c) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(d) It was bound to happen one day.
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) In the funeral home.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the cafe.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
5. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(b) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(c) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(d) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
5. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)