|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about Marie.
(b) They talk about the job in Paris.
(c) They talk about death.
(d) They do not engage in conversation.
2. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(b) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
(c) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
(d) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
3. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(c) They said that he was a perfect son.
(d) They said disparaging things about him.
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(b) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(c) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(d) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
5. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Write in a journal.
(b) Eat dinner.
(d) Read the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
3. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
4. What is Raymond's physical structure?
5. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)