|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They feel bad for him.
(b) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They invite him into their homes.
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He lies and says that he does.
(b) He lies and says that he does not.
(c) He admits that he does not.
(d) He admits that he does.
3. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(b) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(c) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(d) That there was a robbery.
4. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He has lived through another Sunday.
(b) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He will miss the weekend.
5. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(c) Write in a journal.
(d) Eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
2. How does Marie feel about the job Meursault was offered in Paris?
3. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
5. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)