|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(b) She thinks that it is adequate.
(c) She thinks that it is terrible.
(d) She thinks that it is wonderful.
2. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He does not like the ocean.
(c) Some Arabs are following them.
(d) He is beginning to get sick.
3. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(b) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
4. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
5. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said disparaging things about him.
(c) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(d) They said that he was a perfect son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
2. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
3. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
4. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
5. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)