|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Setting down clear rules.
(b) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
(c) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(d) Welcoming her back in.
4. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
(a) When Meursault and Salamano went to the beach.
(b) When Meursault was a single man.
(c) When Meursault's mother lived with him.
(d) When Meursault had a cat.
5. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(b) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(c) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(d) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
2. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
5. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)