|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His dependence on family.
(b) His love for Marie.
(d) His mental stablity.
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A suit.
(c) A black tie.
(d) A watch.
4. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Wide and unathletic.
(c) Tall and gangly.
(d) Short and sturdy.
5. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
(a) He wants to be close to his mother's grave.
(b) He doesn't want to leave Marie.
(c) He doesn't want to learn a new language.
(d) He is content with his current position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
2. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
4. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
5. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)