|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) The dog went off to die.
(b) Most dogs return to their owners.
(c) The dog was probably stolen.
(d) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
2. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
(a) When she is mean to him.
(b) When she caresses his neck.
(c) When she smiles a certain way.
(d) When she looks pitiful.
3. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the gravesite.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the beach.
4. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
(b) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(c) She seats herself at his table.
(d) She is a friend of a friend.
5. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about Marie.
(b) They talk about death.
(c) They do not engage in conversation.
(d) They talk about the job in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time does Salamano reminisce with Meursault?
2. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
3. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)