|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
(a) They leave the apartment complex.
(b) They offer to help him.
(c) They come to see what is going on.
(d) They remain in their apartments.
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(b) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(c) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(d) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
3. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
(b) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
(c) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(d) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With overwhelming accomodations.
(c) With concerned questions.
(d) With flowers.
5. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(c) They said that he was a perfect son.
(d) They said disparaging things about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
3. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
4. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)