|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He accidently shot himself.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He cut his hand with a knife.
(d) He got in a fight.
2. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
3. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Pouring rain.
(b) Calm and breezy.
(c) Freezing cold.
(d) Intensely hot.
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) In the funeral home.
(d) At the beach.
5. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog is back home.
(b) The dog is in the pound.
(c) The dog has not returned.
(d) The dog is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Raymond's physical structure?
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
3. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
4. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
5. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)