|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That there was a robbery.
(b) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(c) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(d) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(b) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(c) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(d) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(c) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is depressed.
5. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) To the park for a walk.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Home to take a nap.
(d) Back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
2. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
3. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
4. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
5. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)