|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With overwhelming accomodations.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With concerned questions.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) At the beach.
(b) In the funeral home.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) At the cafe.
3. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(b) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(c) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
(d) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(b) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(c) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(d) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
5. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) The dog barking.
(b) Salamano arguing with someone.
(c) Salamano's cries.
(d) A gunshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)