|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about Marie.
(b) They talk about death.
(c) They do not engage in conversation.
(d) They talk about the job in Paris.
2. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Short and sturdy.
(d) Wide and unathletic.
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(c) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(d) It was bound to happen one day.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Walk around town.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Drink scotch.
5. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Displaying little emotion.
(b) Full of visible grief.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Marked by anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
2. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
3. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
4. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
5. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)