|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By handcuffing him.
(b) By threatening him with a gun.
(c) With a slap.
(d) By pushing him to the ground.
2. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(b) Being distracted.
(c) Inconsistent support of the company.
(d) Lack of ambition.
3. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(b) That there was a robbery.
(c) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(d) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His love for Marie.
(b) His mental stablity.
(c) His dependence on family.
5. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Control his woman.
(b) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(c) Make himself available for questioning.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
4. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
5. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)