|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about death.
(b) They talk about Marie.
(c) They talk about the job in Paris.
(d) They do not engage in conversation.
2. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
(a) They drink too much.
(b) They are mean.
(c) They sleep too much.
(d) They are too pale.
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
4. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(b) Marie's parents'.
5. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Full of visible grief.
(b) Obviously anxious.
(c) Marked by anger.
(d) Displaying little emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
2. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
3. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
4. Who is Perez?
5. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)