|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because he will get to see his friends.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he can resume work.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(b) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(c) He begins sobbing.
(d) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(b) The feel of water on his skin.
(c) The sky's colors.
(d) The noise of children fighting.
4. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At the beach.
(c) On the train.
(d) In the woods.
5. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Short and sturdy.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Small and weak.
(d) Wide and unathletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
2. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
3. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
4. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
5. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)