|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Full of visible grief.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Marked by anger.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(b) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(c) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(d) He begins sobbing.
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A suit.
(c) A black tie.
(d) A watch.
4. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(c) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
2. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
3. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
4. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
5. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)