|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
(a) When she smiles a certain way.
(b) When she caresses his neck.
(c) When she looks pitiful.
(d) When she is mean to him.
2. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(b) A package from the post office.
(c) His mangy dog.
(d) A pistol.
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By handcuffing him.
(b) By threatening him with a gun.
(c) With a slap.
(d) By pushing him to the ground.
4. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In the park.
(d) At her house.
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) He doesn't try to contact her.
(d) Within an hour of her leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
3. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
5. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)