|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) The dog barking.
(b) Salamano arguing with someone.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Salamano's cries.
2. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He sends it to his mistress.
(c) He throws it in the water.
(d) He saves it for future use.
3. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
(b) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(c) Make himself available for questioning.
(d) Control his woman.
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He cut his hand with a knife.
(b) He accidently shot himself.
(c) He was attacked by a dog.
(d) He got in a fight.
5. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He admits that he does.
(b) He admits that he does not.
(c) He lies and says that he does not.
(d) He lies and says that he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
2. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)