|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
2. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) By avoiding people.
3. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because he will get to see his friends.
(d) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(c) His mistress's brother.
(d) Raymond's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
2. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
3. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
4. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
5. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)