|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he can resume work.
(b) Because he will get to see his friends.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(c) His friend from home.
(d) His brother.
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(c) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(d) He has lived through another Sunday.
4. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) A package from the post office.
(c) His mangy dog.
(d) A pistol.
5. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A watch.
(c) A black tie.
(d) A suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
3. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
4. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)