|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) The dog went off to die.
(b) The dog was probably stolen.
(c) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(d) Most dogs return to their owners.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) At the cafe.
(b) In the funeral home.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In his apartment.
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They feel bad for him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(d) They invite him into their homes.
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He got in a fight.
(b) He accidently shot himself.
(c) He was attacked by a dog.
(d) He cut his hand with a knife.
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He sobs wildly.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He remains stoic.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
3. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)