|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Setting down clear rules.
(b) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(c) Welcoming her back in.
(d) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
2. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he can resume work.
(b) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(c) Because he will get to see his friends.
(d) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(d) He doesn't know.
4. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A suit.
(b) A black tie.
(c) A watch.
5. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to the pub.
(c) Go to a brothel.
(d) Go to get dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
4. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)