|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is relieved.
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The beach.
(b) The church.
(c) The levee.
(d) The cafe.
3. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He got in a fight.
(b) He cut his hand with a knife.
(c) He was attacked by a dog.
(d) He accidently shot himself.
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Control his woman.
(b) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(c) Make himself available for questioning.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
5. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(b) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(c) She thinks that it is adequate.
(d) She thinks that it is terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
4. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
5. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)