|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he will get to see his friends.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
2. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to get dinner.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to the pub.
(d) Go to a brothel.
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) In the park.
(d) At her house.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is loving.
(b) He feels she is grateful.
(c) He feels she is abusive.
(d) He feels she is unfaithful.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His armband.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
2. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
3. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
4. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
5. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)