|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(b) Most dogs return to their owners.
(c) The dog was probably stolen.
(d) The dog went off to die.
2. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To the gravesite.
(d) To the church.
3. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
4. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A suit.
(b) A watch.
(d) A black tie.
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(b) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(c) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(d) That there was a robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
4. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)