|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(c) He doesn't know.
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Raymond is his friend.
(b) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(c) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Home to take a nap.
(b) Back to work.
(c) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(d) To the park for a walk.
5. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) The dog was probably stolen.
(b) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(c) Most dogs return to their owners.
(d) The dog went off to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
2. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
4. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
5. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)