|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(a) He doesn't know.
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Late in the evening.
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(b) Home to take a nap.
(c) To the park for a walk.
(d) Back to work.
4. Who is Perez?
(a) The caretaker's brother.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(d) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
5. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(c) Raymond's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
4. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
5. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)