|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(b) That there was a robbery.
(c) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
(d) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) At the beach.
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Short and sturdy.
(d) Wide and unathletic.
4. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
(a) He saves it for future use.
(b) He throws it in the water.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He sends it to his mistress.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
2. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
4. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)