|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) By threatening him with a gun.
(b) By handcuffing him.
(c) With a slap.
(d) By pushing him to the ground.
2. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He accidently shot himself.
(b) He cut his hand with a knife.
(c) He was attacked by a dog.
(d) He got in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
2. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
3. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
4. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)