|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
(b) Welcoming her back in.
(c) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(d) Setting down clear rules.
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(b) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(c) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(d) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(c) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(d) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
4. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the gravesite.
(d) To his apartment.
5. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(b) His mental stablity.
(c) His love for Marie.
(d) His dependence on family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
2. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
3. How did Meursault know Marie?
4. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
5. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)