|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(b) His mental stablity.
(c) His love for Marie.
(d) His dependence on family.
2. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By returning to her favorite places.
(b) By avoiding people.
(c) Through his interactions with friends.
(d) He doesn't.
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A watch.
(b) A black tie.
(d) A suit.
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is angry.
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A package from the post office.
(c) His mangy dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
5. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)