|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He is less friendly than normal.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
2. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his favorite cafe.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his house.
(d) At his brother's house.
3. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) He doesn't try to contact her.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) Within an hour of her leaving.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Walk around town.
(c) Drink scotch.
(d) Search for Marie.
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He asks them to leave.
(d) He becomes angry at them and yells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
2. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
5. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)