|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(b) He will miss the weekend.
(c) He has lived through another Sunday.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Tall and gangly.
(b) Wide and unathletic.
(c) Small and weak.
(d) Short and sturdy.
4. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
(b) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(c) Welcoming her back in.
(d) Setting down clear rules.
5. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His father.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(d) His uncle's two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
3. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
4. Who is Perez?
5. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)