|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At Celeste's.
(c) As a friend's house.
(d) At the pub.
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(c) It was bound to happen one day.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To the cafe.
(b) To an all-night diner.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To his mother's grave site.
4. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Displaying little emotion.
(b) Full of visible grief.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Marked by anger.
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Within an hour of her leaving.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) He doesn't try to contact her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
3. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)