|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By returning to her favorite places.
(c) Through his interactions with friends.
(d) By avoiding people.
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(d) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
3. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(b) Because he will get to see his friends.
(c) Because he can resume work.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To a small plot on family land.
(b) To the village cemetery.
(c) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(d) To the train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)