|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He accidently shot himself.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He cut his hand with a knife.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(b) He begins sobbing.
(c) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(d) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At Celeste's.
(b) At the pub.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) As a friend's house.
4. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To the cafe.
(b) To an all-night diner.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To his mother's grave site.
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(b) They invite him into their homes.
(c) They feel bad for him.
(d) They are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
2. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
3. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
4. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
5. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)