|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) In his apartment.
2. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He asks for help with it.
(b) He avoids it.
(c) He slowly sifts through it.
(d) He plunges into it.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is loving.
(b) He feels she is abusive.
(c) He feels she is unfaithful.
(d) He feels she is grateful.
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To a small plot on family land.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To the village cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. Who is Perez?
3. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
4. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)