|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They feel bad for him.
(b) They invite him into their homes.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
2. Who is Perez?
(a) A distant relative.
(b) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(c) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(d) The caretaker's brother.
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(c) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(d) Going to church.
4. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(b) He is terribly depressed.
(c) He is less friendly than normal.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
5. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Short and sturdy.
(b) Small and weak.
(c) Tall and gangly.
(d) Wide and unathletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
2. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
4. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)