|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(a) A pistol.
(c) A package from the post office.
(d) His mangy dog.
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He is terribly depressed.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
3. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Freezing cold.
(b) Calm and breezy.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Intensely hot.
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) In the funeral home.
5. Who is Perez?
(a) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(d) The caretaker's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
2. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
4. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)