|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) At the beach.
2. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By avoiding people.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) Through his interactions with friends.
3. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(b) His mental stablity.
(c) His dependence on family.
(d) His love for Marie.
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(b) He does not engage with them.
(c) He sympathizes with them.
(d) He asks them to leave.
5. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the gravesite.
(d) To the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)