|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle's two children.
(c) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(d) The village doctor.
3. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He asks them to leave.
(c) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(d) He sympathizes with them.
4. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They invite him into their homes.
(b) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(c) They feel bad for him.
(d) They are afraid of him.
5. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is loving.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is grateful.
(d) He feels she is abusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
2. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)