|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His love for Marie.
(b) His dependence on family.
(c) His mental stablity.
2. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) A pen.
(b) Flowers from his garden.
(c) An open invitation for dinner.
(d) Sympathy for his mother's death.
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Displaying little emotion.
(b) Full of visible grief.
(c) Marked by anger.
(d) Obviously anxious.
4. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his neighbor.
(b) She was a family friend.
(c) She was a co-worker.
(d) She was his mother's sister.
5. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(b) Swimming in the tides.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
3. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
4. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
5. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)