|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) In the funeral home.
2. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he will get to see his friends.
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In the park.
(d) At her house.
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The noise of children fighting.
(b) The feel of water on his skin.
(c) The sky's colors.
(d) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
5. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Write in a journal.
(d) Read the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
3. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
4. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
5. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)