|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With flowers.
(c) With overwhelming accomodations.
(d) With concerned questions.
2. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The feel of water on his skin.
(b) The noise of children fighting.
(c) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(d) The sky's colors.
3. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(b) He begins sobbing.
(c) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(d) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Search for Marie.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
5. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His uncle's two children.
(b) His father.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The caretaker of the nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
4. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
5. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)