|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As necessary to his mental health.
(b) As a nice break.
(c) As unwelcome.
(d) As pleasant but unnecessary.
2. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To an all-night diner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To his mother's grave site.
(d) To the cafe.
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He sobs wildly.
(d) He remains stoic.
4. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(b) Write in a journal.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Read the newspaper.
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the funeral home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
5. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)