|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As unrealistic.
(b) As kind.
(c) As fake.
(d) As odd.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In the funeral home.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) In his apartment.
3. Who is Perez?
(a) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(b) The caretaker's brother.
(c) A distant relative.
(d) An acquaintance of Meursault.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
5. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A watch.
(b) A black tie.
(c) A suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
2. What is Raymond's physical structure?
3. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
4. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)