|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Search for Marie.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His armband.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His tie.
4. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(c) He sympathizes with them.
(d) He asks them to leave.
5. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(c) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(d) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
3. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
4. Who is Perez?
5. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)