|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his mother's sister.
(b) She was a family friend.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was a co-worker.
2. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At her house.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) In the park.
(d) At the beach.
3. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(a) His mistress's brother.
(c) Raymond's brother.
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His mental stablity.
(b) His dependence on family.
(d) His love for Marie.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
4. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
5. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)