|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He is terribly depressed.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
2. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a family friend.
(b) She was his neighbor.
(c) She was his mother's sister.
(d) She was a co-worker.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(b) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(c) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(d) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His tie.
(b) His armband.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
4. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)