|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They invite him into their homes.
(c) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(d) They feel bad for him.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(c) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(d) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At her house.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the park.
4. Who is Perez?
(a) A distant relative.
(b) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(c) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(d) The caretaker's brother.
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He remains stoic.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He faints.
(d) He sobs wildly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
2. Where does the funeral procession travel?
3. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
5. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)