|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He does not engage with them.
(d) He asks them to leave.
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(b) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(c) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(d) He begins sobbing.
4. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(a) A black tie.
(b) A watch.
(c) A suit.
5. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Search for Marie.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)