|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Write in a journal.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Eat dinner.
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His mental stablity.
(c) His love for Marie.
(d) His dependence on family.
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He has lived through another Sunday.
(b) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(c) He will miss the weekend.
(d) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
4. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To the village cemetery.
(c) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(d) To a small plot on family land.
5. Who is Perez?
(a) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) The caretaker's brother.
(d) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
2. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
3. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)