|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Full of visible grief.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Marked by anger.
(d) Obviously anxious.
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His brother.
(b) No one.
(c) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(d) His friend from home.
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He has lived through another Sunday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To the cafe.
(c) To an all-night diner.
(d) To his mother's grave site.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
2. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
4. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)