|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(b) His friend from home.
(c) His brother.
(d) No one.
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The levee.
(b) The beach.
(c) The church.
(d) The cafe.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Freezing cold.
(b) Calm and breezy.
(c) Intensely hot.
(d) Pouring rain.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His tie.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His armband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
4. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
5. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)