|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By returning to her favorite places.
(b) By avoiding people.
(c) Through his interactions with friends.
(d) He doesn't.
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The levee.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The beach.
(d) The church.
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He has lived through another Sunday.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Drink scotch.
(b) Walk around town.
(c) Search for Marie.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
5. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the gravesite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
4. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)