|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A black tie.
(c) A suit.
(d) A watch.
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(b) He is terribly depressed.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He is less friendly than normal.
3. Who is Perez?
(a) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(b) The caretaker's brother.
(c) A distant relative.
(d) An acquaintance of Meursault.
4. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He sobs wildly.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He faints.
(d) He remains stoic.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His armband.
(c) His tie.
(d) His shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)