|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Calm and breezy.
(b) Intensely hot.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Freezing cold.
2. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At her house.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) In the park.
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the funeral home.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
5. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(b) His friend from home.
(c) His brother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
2. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
4. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
5. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)