|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(b) He begins sobbing.
(c) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(d) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A suit.
(c) A watch.
(d) A black tie.
4. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(b) Swimming in the tides.
(c) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(d) Going to church.
5. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He has lived through another Sunday.
(b) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(c) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(d) He will miss the weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
4. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)