|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Write in a journal.
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Marked by anger.
(b) Obviously anxious.
(c) Displaying little emotion.
(d) Full of visible grief.
3. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
4. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As a nice break.
(b) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(c) As unwelcome.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
5. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His uncle's two children.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
2. Where does the funeral procession travel?
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. Who is Perez?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)