|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) His uncle's two children.
(d) His father.
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He has lived through another Sunday.
(b) He will miss the weekend.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(c) He sobs wildly.
(d) He remains stoic.
4. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To a small plot on family land.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the village cemetery.
(d) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
5. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He does not engage with them.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(d) He asks them to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
2. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
4. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)