|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By returning to her favorite places.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) By avoiding people.
(d) He doesn't.
2. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
3. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He sobs wildly.
(b) He remains stoic.
(c) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(d) He faints.
4. Who is Perez?
(a) The caretaker's brother.
(b) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(c) A distant relative.
(d) An acquaintance of Meursault.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
5. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)