|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The sky's colors.
(b) The feel of water on his skin.
(c) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(d) The noise of children fighting.
3. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His uncle's two children.
(b) His father.
(c) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(d) The village doctor.
4. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) In the afternoon.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
3. Where does the funeral procession travel?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)