|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He begins sobbing.
(b) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(c) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(d) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
3. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(d) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
4. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(c) The ladies from the home.
(d) The Caretaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
3. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
4. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
5. How did Meursault know Marie?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)