|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a family friend.
(b) She was his mother's sister.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was a co-worker.
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His dependence on family.
(c) His mental stablity.
(d) His love for Marie.
3. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(b) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(c) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
(d) He begins sobbing.
4. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he will get to see his friends.
(b) Because he can resume work.
(c) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(d) Because he won't have to do much at work.
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To a small plot on family land.
(d) To the village cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
3. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
4. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)