|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because he will get to see his friends.
(c) Because he can resume work.
(d) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
2. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As necessary to his mental health.
(b) As unwelcome.
(c) As a nice break.
(d) As pleasant but unnecessary.
3. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was a family friend.
(b) She was a co-worker.
(c) She was his neighbor.
(d) She was his mother's sister.
4. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At her house.
(d) In the park.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His tie.
(c) His armband.
(d) His jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
2. Where does the funeral procession travel?
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)