|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Walk around town.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Drink scotch.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
2. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Calm and breezy.
(b) Pouring rain.
(c) Intensely hot.
(d) Freezing cold.
3. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(b) His dependence on family.
(c) His mental stablity.
(d) His love for Marie.
4. Where does Meursault go on the night of the funeral?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) To the gravesite.
5. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He has lived through another Sunday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
2. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
3. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
4. Who is Perez?
5. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)