|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault react to the people who are visibly grieving his mother's death at the funeral?
(a) He asks them to leave.
(b) He sympathizes with them.
(c) He becomes angry at them and yells.
(d) He does not engage with them.
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His mental stablity.
(b) His dependence on family.
(d) His love for Marie.
3. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(b) The Caretaker.
(d) The ladies from the home.
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) Flowers from his garden.
(b) An open invitation for dinner.
(c) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(d) A pen.
5. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
(a) He faints.
(b) He sobs wildly.
(c) He excuses himself from the funeral.
(d) He remains stoic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
3. How did Meursault know Marie?
4. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)