|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(d) His friend from home.
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The church.
(c) The levee.
(d) The beach.
3. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
(a) His uncle's two children.
(b) The caretaker of the nursing home.
(c) His father.
(d) The village doctor.
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The sky's colors.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The feel of water on his skin.
(d) The noise of children fighting.
5. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(b) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(c) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(d) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
3. Where does the funeral procession travel?
4. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
5. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)