|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size is the visiting room at the prison?
(a) Extremely tiny.
2. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(b) Raymond's mistress's.
(c) Raymond's brother's.
(d) Raymond's friend's.
3. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As a nice break.
(b) As unwelcome.
(c) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
4. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(b) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
(c) She is a friend of a friend.
(d) She seats herself at his table.
5. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) His unshavenness.
(b) His upcoming death.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) The noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
4. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
5. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)