|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) Running off to Paris.
(b) How lucky he is to have Marie.
(c) The stark reality of marriage.
(d) Killing Marie.
2. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A sand castle.
(c) A stream.
(d) A place to sleep.
3. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
(a) When she is mean to him.
(b) When she looks pitiful.
(c) When she smiles a certain way.
(d) When she caresses his neck.
4. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
(b) Many people want Meursault dead.
(c) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
(d) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
5. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) At the movies.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the train.
(d) At the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
2. How did Meursault know Marie?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
5. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)