|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(c) Life threatening.
2. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
(a) Meursault has already repented.
(b) Meursault would repent if he was guilty.
(c) Meursault shows no desire to repent.
(d) Meursault is not ready to repent until proven guilty.
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He is terribly depressed.
4. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
(a) He saves it for future use.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He sends it to his mistress.
(d) He throws it in the water.
5. What distracts Meursault when Marie comes to visit him in prison?
(a) His unshavenness.
(b) His upcoming death.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) The noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
2. How does Meursault express his regret?
3. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
4. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
5. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)