|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(c) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(d) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
2. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His indecent lifestyle.
(b) His lies on the stand.
(c) His friendship with Meursault.
(d) His love of the beach.
3. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
(b) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(c) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
(d) That Meursault had very few friends.
4. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(d) Not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
3. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
4. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
5. How many times does Marie visit Meursault in prison?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)