|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
(a) The beach house.
(b) A sand castle.
(c) A stream.
(d) A place to sleep.
2. How does Meursault react to his friends in the courtroom?
(a) He doesn't acknowledge them.
(b) He waves at them.
(c) He hugs each of them.
(d) He doesn't notice them.
3. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
(b) Masson's wife.
4. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most deny that God exists.
(b) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(c) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(d) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(c) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(d) He is terribly depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
2. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
5. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)