|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) He doesn't try to contact her.
(d) In the afternoon.
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
(a) Because they don't hurt anyone else.
(b) Because they are a need.
(c) Because he is crazy.
(d) Because he doesn't understand his punishment.
4. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As a nice break.
(b) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(c) As unwelcome.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At the pub.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At Celeste's.
(d) As a friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
2. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
3. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
4. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
5. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)