|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said that he was a perfect son.
(b) They said it was about time.
(c) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(d) They said disparaging things about him.
2. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Meursault's attorney.
(c) The guard.
(d) The first witness.
3. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
4. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Shoot the Arabs.
(b) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(c) Move to England.
(d) Go swimming.
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) Within an hour of her leaving.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Late in the evening.
(d) He doesn't try to contact her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
2. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
3. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
5. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)