|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A black tie.
(c) A suit.
(d) A watch.
2. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices that they are squinting.
(b) He notices their lack of attention.
(c) He notices their eyes on him.
(d) He notices their distant looks.
3. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
(a) The day before the trial.
(b) The day after his attorney arrives.
(c) The day after the chaplain visits.
(d) The day of the interrogation.
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
(a) Freezing cold.
(b) Intensely hot.
(c) Calm and breezy.
(d) Pouring rain.
5. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On the train.
(c) At the movies.
(d) At the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
3. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
4. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
5. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)