|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(b) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(c) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(d) Because Raymond is his friend.
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Marked by anger.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Full of visible grief.
3. What method of transportation do Meursault, Raymond, and Marie take to the beach house?
(b) A car.
(c) The train.
(d) The bus.
4. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The sun light off the water.
(b) The sun light off of a knife.
(c) A punch from behind.
(d) The Arab stabbing him.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
2. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
3. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
4. Prior to the trial, how does Meursault perceive the case against him?
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)