|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices their eyes on him.
(b) He notices their distant looks.
(c) He notices their lack of attention.
(d) He notices that they are squinting.
2. Who officially determines Meursault's fate?
(a) The witnesses.
(b) The attorneys.
(c) The jury.
(d) The magistrate.
3. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
(a) Goes back to his apartment.
(b) Returns to tell the women what happened.
(c) Stays with Raymond.
(d) Calls Raymond's mother.
4. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) She seats herself at his table.
(b) She is a friend of a friend.
(c) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
(d) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(a) Not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
3. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
4. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
5. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)