|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To an undisclosed location.
(d) Throught the streets.
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(d) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
3. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
(a) Goes back to his apartment.
(b) Returns to tell the women what happened.
(c) Calls Raymond's mother.
(d) Stays with Raymond.
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(c) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(d) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
5. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Drink scotch.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
2. When Meursault tells the guard about the things that he misses, what does the guard say?
3. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
4. What is Meursault's view from his cell?
5. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)