|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) The dog barking.
(b) Salamano arguing with someone.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Salamano's cries.
2. What does Perez testify about in court?
(a) That Meursault was comforting to him.
(b) That Meursault's mother beat him.
(c) That Meursault did not cry at his mother's funeral.
(d) That Meursault killed the Arab.
3. As the trial progresses, what happens to Meursault's level of interest?
(a) He maintains the same level of interest.
(b) He becomes less interested.
(c) He becomes only interested in his fate.
(d) He becomes more interested.
4. When he is led back into the courtroom, what does Meursault notice?
(a) The jury.
(b) The press.
(c) His friends.
(d) The prosecution.
5. How does Meursault perceive being deprived of things after several months in prison?
(a) As a reward.
(b) As normal.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As a punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault feel about Marie's attempts to instill hope?
2. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
3. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
4. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
5. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)