|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
2. What element of nature has played a role in all the negative episodes of Meursault's life?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(b) Because Raymond is his friend.
(c) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(d) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
4. During the magistrate's questioning, what does Meursault remember about the day of the murder?
(a) Shooting the Arab.
(b) Being blinded.
(c) The hot sun on his back.
(d) Waking up covered in blood.
5. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They do not engage in conversation.
(b) They talk about Marie.
(c) They talk about death.
(d) They talk about the job in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault react to his friends in the courtroom?
2. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
3. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)