|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose beach house do Raymond, Meursault, and Marie visit?
(a) Raymond's mistress's.
(b) Raymond's friend's.
(d) Raymond's brother's.
2. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His tie.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His armband.
3. How are Marie and Meursault physically situated when she comes to visit him in prison?
(a) She sits in his lap.
(b) They are separated by a divider.
(c) They sit close to each other, embracing.
(d) They purposely sit apart from each other.
4. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His lies on the stand.
(b) His friendship with Meursault.
(c) His indecent lifestyle.
(d) His love of the beach.
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(b) They invite him into their homes.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They feel bad for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
3. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
4. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
5. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)