|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault feel when he thinks the thoughts of a free man?
2. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
3. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Inconsistent support of the company.
(b) Being distracted.
(d) Lack of ambition.
4. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(b) As necessary to his mental health.
(c) As a nice break.
(d) As unwelcome.
5. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
(a) That he doesn't know why he is in prison.
(b) That he feels remorse for what he has done.
(c) That the sun was the culprit in the shooting.
(d) That he is guilty and should be punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does prison seem most harsh to Meursault?
2. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
3. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
4. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
5. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)