|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They avoid discussing religion.
(b) They physically injure him.
(c) They coddle him.
(d) They persecute him.
2. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Meursault's attorney.
(c) The guard.
(d) The first witness.
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
4. What is Meursault's sentence?
(a) A long prison sentence.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Death by hanging.
(d) Death by guillotine.
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(b) Not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
3. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
4. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)