|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He admits that he does.
(b) He admits that he does not.
(c) He lies and says that he does not.
(d) He lies and says that he does.
3. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To the village cemetery.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To a small plot on family land.
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(b) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to bury his mother in England.
5. Why doesn't Meursault understand why he can't have cigarettes?
(a) Because he is crazy.
(b) Because they are a need.
(c) Because he doesn't understand his punishment.
(d) Because they don't hurt anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
2. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
3. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
4. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
5. What does Meursault say when the magistrate asks if he has anything to say in his own defense?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)