|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the lights in the visiting room of the prison be described?
2. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
(a) Meursault offhandedly says they should get married.
(b) Meursault suprises Marie with a ring.
(c) Marie asks Meursault to marry her.
(d) Marie threatens to leave if Meursault doesn't marry her.
3. How does Marie try to instill hope in Meursault?
(a) By telling him that she is now dating Raymond.
(b) By embracing and kissing him.
(c) By telling him that his appeal is going well.
(d) By telling them they will soon swim again and get married.
4. How does Meursault react to his friends in the courtroom?
(a) He doesn't notice them.
(b) He waves at them.
(c) He doesn't acknowledge them.
(d) He hugs each of them.
5. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(d) Life threatening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
3. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
4. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
5. What does the prosecutor say about Meursault's intelligence?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)