|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Drink scotch.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Walk around town.
(d) Search for Marie.
2. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Marked by anger.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Obviously anxious.
(d) Full of visible grief.
3. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his brother's house.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his house.
(d) At his favorite cafe.
4. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By avoiding people.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) He doesn't.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
3. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
4. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
5. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)