|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To a small plot on family land.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(d) To the village cemetery.
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(a) No one.
3. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
4. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They feel bad for him.
(b) They invite him into their homes.
(c) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(d) They are afraid of him.
5. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
2. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
3. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
4. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
5. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)