|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(b) Control his woman.
(c) Make himself available for questioning.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At Celeste's.
(b) At the pub.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) As a friend's house.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The feel of water on his skin.
(b) The sky's colors.
(c) The noise of children fighting.
(d) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
4. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His armband.
(c) His tie.
(d) His shirt.
5. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Marked by anger.
(b) Displaying little emotion.
(c) Full of visible grief.
(d) Obviously anxious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
3. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
5. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)