|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(b) That there was a robbery.
(c) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(d) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(a) No one.
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Short and sturdy.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Wide and unathletic.
(d) Small and weak.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. Who is Perez?
(a) An acquaintance of Meursault.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) The caretaker's brother.
(d) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)