|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(b) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(c) She thinks that it is adequate.
(d) She thinks that it is terrible.
2. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) Within an hour of her leaving.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Late in the evening.
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Back to work.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Home to take a nap.
(d) To the park for a walk.
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Make himself available for questioning.
(b) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
(c) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(d) Control his woman.
5. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By returning to her favorite places.
(c) By avoiding people.
(d) Through his interactions with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
2. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
4. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
5. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)