|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(b) A pen.
(c) An open invitation for dinner.
(d) Flowers from his garden.
2. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to get dinner.
(b) Go to the pub.
(c) Go to a brothel.
(d) Go to the movies.
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He slowly sifts through it.
(b) He plunges into it.
(c) He avoids it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His dependence on family.
(b) His mental stablity.
(d) His love for Marie.
5. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to bury his mother in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
2. Where does the funeral procession travel?
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
4. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)