|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At the beach.
(c) On the train.
(d) In the woods.
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(b) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(c) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(d) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
3. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He was attacked by a dog.
(b) He cut his hand with a knife.
(c) He accidently shot himself.
(d) He got in a fight.
4. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Setting down clear rules.
(b) Welcoming her back in.
(c) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(d) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
5. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(b) Raymond's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
3. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
4. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
5. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)