|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(b) The dog went off to die.
(c) Most dogs return to their owners.
(d) The dog was probably stolen.
2. Who comes to the morgue and stays with Meursault throughout the night?
(a) His mother's friends from the nursing home.
(b) No one.
(c) His friend from home.
(d) His brother.
3. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
4. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(b) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Swimming in the tides.
5. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
(a) He lies and says that he does.
(b) He lies and says that he does not.
(c) He admits that he does not.
(d) He admits that he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
3. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
4. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)