|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He plunges into it.
(b) He avoids it.
(c) He slowly sifts through it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(b) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(c) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(d) Because Raymond is his friend.
3. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(d) No one.
4. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
5. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is grateful.
(b) He feels she is loving.
(c) He feels she is abusive.
(d) He feels she is unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
2. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
3. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
4. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)