|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(b) No one.
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(b) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(c) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(d) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He is less friendly than normal.
4. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To the village cemetery.
(d) To a small plot on family land.
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The feel of water on his skin.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The noise of children fighting.
(d) The sky's colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the way to visit his mother's village?
2. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
3. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
4. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
5. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)