|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To a small plot on family land.
(c) To the village cemetery.
(d) To the private cemetery behind the nursing home.
2. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Back to work.
(b) To the park for a walk.
(c) Home to take a nap.
(d) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
3. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
4. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By avoiding people.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) He doesn't.
5. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
2. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
3. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
4. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
5. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)