|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) A pen.
(b) Sympathy for his mother's death.
(c) An open invitation for dinner.
(d) Flowers from his garden.
2. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To his mother's grave site.
(b) To an all-night diner.
(c) To the cafe.
(d) To a movie.
3. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(b) She thinks that it is adequate.
(c) She thinks that it is terrible.
(d) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
4. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(b) As unwelcome.
(c) As a nice break.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
5. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) Salamano's cries.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) The dog barking.
(d) Salamano arguing with someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
2. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
3. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
4. What meal are Meursault and Marie planning to eat when they hear commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. Where does the funeral procession travel?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)