|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Swimming in the tides.
(b) Chasing their dogs and yelling at their children.
(c) Taking strolls and meeting friends at the cafe.
(d) Going to church.
2. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
(b) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(c) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(d) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
3. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(a) No one.
4. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
(a) He springs out of bed and begins a search for her.
(b) He begins sobbing.
(c) He lays in bed and tries to recapture her essence.
(d) He is relieved and quietly creeps out unnoticed.
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) In the funeral home.
(d) At the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
2. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
3. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
4. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
5. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)