|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With overwhelming accomodations.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With concerned questions.
2. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
(b) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(c) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(d) The offer to bury his mother in England.
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He slowly sifts through it.
(b) He avoids it.
(c) He asks for help with it.
(d) He plunges into it.
4. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(d) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is less friendly than normal.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He is terribly depressed.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
2. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
3. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)