|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Perez?
(a) The caretaker's brother.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) A very close friend of Meursault's mother.
(d) An acquaintance of Meursault.
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(d) No one.
3. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Marie is a fugitive.
(b) Because Raymond is his friend.
(c) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(d) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
4. Which of the following phrases describes Meursault's behavior at his mother's funeral?
(a) Marked by anger.
(b) Obviously anxious.
(c) Displaying little emotion.
(d) Full of visible grief.
5. Who falls back and takes short cuts during the funeral procession?
(a) The Caretaker.
(d) The ladies from the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
2. How does Perez respond to the grief and exhaustion of the funeral procession?
3. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
5. Who meets Meursault when he arrives for his mother's funeral?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)