|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
(a) He was attacked by a dog.
(b) He accidently shot himself.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He cut his hand with a knife.
2. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As necessary to his mental health.
(b) As unwelcome.
(c) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(d) As a nice break.
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He asks for help with it.
(c) He slowly sifts through it.
(d) He plunges into it.
4. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Search for Marie.
(b) Walk around town.
(c) Drink scotch.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
5. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At her house.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
5. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)