|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(a) His mistress's brother.
(c) Raymond's brother.
2. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the cafe.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) In the funeral home.
3. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is angry.
4. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He slowly sifts through it.
(b) He avoids it.
(c) He plunges into it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
5. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
(a) The offer to remove the coffin lid.
(b) The offer to bury his mother in England.
(c) The offer to sell him a nicer coffin.
(d) The offer to stay with his mother's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the funeral procession travel?
2. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
3. What is the weather like for the funeral procession?
4. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)