Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(b) He will miss the weekend.
(c) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
(d) He has lived through another Sunday.
2. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(c) Raymond's mistress.
3. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
4. When Raymond and Meursault return to the beach after Raymond is injured, what does Raymond ask Meursault if he should do?
(a) Sleep with Mason's wife.
(b) Shoot the Arabs.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Move to England.
5. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The noise of children fighting.
(b) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
(c) The sky's colors.
(d) The feel of water on his skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what implications of his actions does Meursault seem most aware?
2. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
4. What offer does Meursault receive and refuse when at the morgue?
5. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)