|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
(a) As pleasant but unnecessary.
(b) As a nice break.
(c) As unwelcome.
(d) As necessary to his mental health.
2. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
(b) It doesn't.
(c) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(d) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
3. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
(a) They think he is a demon.
(b) They are astonished.
(c) They find it normal.
(d) They expected it.
4. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) With a slap.
(b) By pushing him to the ground.
(c) By handcuffing him.
(d) By threatening him with a gun.
5. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about death.
(b) They do not engage in conversation.
(c) They talk about Marie.
(d) They talk about the job in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
2. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
3. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
4. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)