|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) By avoiding people.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) By returning to her favorite places.
2. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The attorney is a family friend.
(b) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
(c) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
(d) The court appoints the attorney.
3. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is terrible.
(b) She thinks that it is adequate.
(c) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(d) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(c) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(d) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
5. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He has lived through another Sunday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
2. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
3. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
4. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
5. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)