|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(b) They feel bad for him.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They invite him into their homes.
2. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
(a) His love for Marie.
(b) His mental stablity.
(c) His dependence on family.
3. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) He is not satisfied.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He thinks Meursault said too much.
(d) He understands.
4. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said it was about time.
(b) They said that he was a perfect son.
(c) They said disparaging things about him.
(d) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
5. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
(a) He doesn't want to learn a new language.
(b) He is content with his current position.
(c) He wants to be close to his mother's grave.
(d) He doesn't want to leave Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault respond to Salamano's news about the dog when he returns home from having dinner with the odd woman?
2. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
3. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
4. What does Meursault see people doing as he sits by the window during the Sunday after his mother's funeral?
5. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)