|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(b) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(c) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
(d) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
2. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
(a) They said that he was a perfect son.
(b) They said he should have chosen a closer home.
(c) They said disparaging things about him.
(d) They said it was about time.
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) To the park for a walk.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Back to work.
(d) Home to take a nap.
4. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(b) He doesn't know.
5. After his first week back at work after his mother's death, where does Meursault spend time with Marie?
(a) On the train.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At the movies.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
2. When does the local magistrate question Meursault?
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
4. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
5. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)