|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(b) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(c) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(d) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
2. What do Meursault and the odd woman talk about during dinner?
(a) They talk about Marie.
(b) They talk about the job in Paris.
(c) They talk about death.
(d) They do not engage in conversation.
3. How does the policeman respond to Raymond's verbal abuse when the police come to his home?
(a) With a slap.
(b) By handcuffing him.
(c) By pushing him to the ground.
(d) By threatening him with a gun.
4. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(c) Raymond's mistress.
5. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He is terribly depressed.
(b) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(c) He is less friendly than normal.
(d) He doesn't show signs of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
2. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
3. How do the authorities feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
4. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
5. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)