|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meursault observe about the physical surroundings of the interrogation room?
(a) They are similar to those from his normal life.
(b) They are different than those of his normal life.
(c) They are comforting.
(d) They are abrasive.
2. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
(c) No one.
3. How do the authorities around him respond to Meursault's lack of spirituality?
(a) They persecute him.
(b) They physically injure him.
(c) They avoid discussing religion.
(d) They coddle him.
4. The day that Meursault and Marie become engaged, where does Meursault eat dinner?
(d) Marie's parents'.
5. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His armband.
(d) His tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
2. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
3. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
4. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
5. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)