|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(b) Raymond's mistress.
2. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(b) It doesn't.
(c) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
(d) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
3. What piece of clothing does Marie notice that Meursault is wearing that indicates he is mourning?
(a) His tie.
(b) His armband.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His shirt.
4. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They invite him into their homes.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They feel bad for him.
(d) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
5. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Control his woman.
(b) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
(c) Make himself available for questioning.
(d) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
3. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
4. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
5. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)