|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(b) He is terribly depressed.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He is less friendly than normal.
2. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most deny that God exists.
(b) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(c) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(d) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
3. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He understands.
(c) He thinks Meursault said too much.
(d) He is not satisfied.
4. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They need a specialist.
(b) The branch manager left.
(c) They are expanding.
(d) They are opening a new branch.
5. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He is dreading the wedding.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He has no emotions regarding it.
(d) He is very excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighbors say when Meursault put his mother in the home?
2. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
3. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
4. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
5. When Marie asks Meursault whether he loves her the first time, how does he respond?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)