|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He feels as if he is part of a family.
(c) He longs to escape them.
(d) He misses Marie.
2. How does Marie feel about the job Meursault was offered in Paris?
(a) She is glad he turned it down.
(b) She thinks the employer is trying to get rid of him.
(c) It intrigues her.
(d) It upsets her.
3. After the day of the funeral, where does Meursault meet Marie?
(a) The church.
(b) The beach.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The levee.
4. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As fake.
(b) As odd.
(c) As kind.
(d) As unrealistic.
5. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(b) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
(c) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(d) Most deny that God exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault's attorney feel about Meursault's lack of emotion?
2. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
3. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
4. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
5. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)