|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond suggest that he and the person who accompanied him do after they return back from the police station?
(a) Go to a brothel.
(b) Go to the pub.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Go to get dinner.
2. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
(b) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(c) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(d) Most deny that God exists.
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He slowly sifts through it.
(c) He asks for help with it.
(d) He plunges into it.
4. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
(a) Dogs run away when they are hungry.
(b) Most dogs return to their owners.
(c) The dog was probably stolen.
(d) The dog went off to die.
5. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(d) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
2. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
4. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)