|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
(a) Control his woman.
(b) Make himself available for questioning.
(c) Turn in the letter that he wrote.
(d) Keep the neighborhood quiet.
2. Why does Meursault refuse to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
(a) Because Raymond is his friend.
(b) Because Meursault has warrants out for him.
(c) Because Meursault does not like policemen.
(d) Because Marie is a fugitive.
3. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
(a) That he and his mistress were physically fighting.
(b) That there was a robbery.
(c) That much of the furniture has been damaged.
(d) That his mistress and him were having a nonviolent disagreement.
4. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Back to work.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Home to take a nap.
(d) To the park for a walk.
5. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He is very excited.
(c) He is dreading the wedding.
(d) He has no emotions regarding it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
2. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
3. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
4. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
5. What causes Meursault to be overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Marie?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)