|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Meursault know Marie?
(a) She was his neighbor.
(b) She was a co-worker.
(c) She was a family friend.
(d) She was his mother's sister.
2. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Search for Marie.
(c) Drink scotch.
(d) Walk around town.
3. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It was bound to happen one day.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
4. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(b) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(c) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
(d) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
5. How does Meursault answer the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
(a) With a detailed response.
(b) With an honest answer.
(c) By withholding certain information.
(d) By telling a complete lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
2. How does the magistrate feel about Meursault's answer to the question of why he hesitated before firing four more shots into the Arab's body?
3. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
4. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
5. Why is Raymond tense before going to the beach house?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)