|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(b) His mistress's brother.
(c) Raymond's brother.
2. How long do the interrogations continue as preparations are made for Meursault's case?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 weeks.
3. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
(a) Because Meursault needs to get away from his surroundings.
(b) Because Paris is a lively city for a young man.
(c) Because Meursault is the only employee fluent in French.
(d) Because people in Paris will understand Meursault.
4. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
(a) It makes him deny God whereas before he believed in him.
(b) It makes him turn to the God of his upbringing.
(c) It causes him to find God for the first time.
(d) It doesn't.
5. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Salamano arguing with someone.
(c) Salamano's cries.
(d) The dog barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
2. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
3. What comment does Meursault make to Marie about the people in Paris?
4. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
5. What does Meursault do after eating with the odd woman?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)