|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the interrogation room, which of the following does Meursault notice?
(a) The grime.
(d) The pretty policewoman.
2. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(b) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(c) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(d) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
3. Why does a job open up in Paris with Meursault's company?
(a) They are expanding.
(b) They are opening a new branch.
(c) They need a specialist.
(d) The branch manager left.
4. How does Meursault end up eating with an odd woman that he doesn't know?
(a) She is a friend of a friend.
(b) He invites her to dinner after meeting her in the street.
(c) She seats herself at his table.
(d) She is sent by Marie to watch him.
5. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(b) Raymond's brother.
(c) His mistress's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
2. How does Marie feel about the job Meursault was offered in Paris?
3. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
4. As Salamano looks for his dog, what does Raymond suggest?
5. Why does Meursault turn down the job in Paris?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)