|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He has no emotions regarding it.
(b) He is very excited.
(c) He is dreading the wedding.
(d) He is angry about it.
2. Which of the following statements about Meursault and repentance are correct?
(a) Meursault has already repented.
(b) Meursault would repent if he was guilty.
(c) Meursault shows no desire to repent.
(d) Meursault is not ready to repent until proven guilty.
3. What does Meursault do on the morning after his night with Marie?
(a) Walk around town.
(b) Drink scotch.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Search for Marie.
4. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(d) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
5. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
(a) The dog barking.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Salamano arguing with someone.
(d) Salamano's cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Raymond's mistress call him?
2. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
3. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
5. In what type of information is the magistrate most interested?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)