|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people want Meursault dead.
(b) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
(c) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
(d) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
2. What does Marie notice about Meursault's reaction to his mother's death?
(a) He seems almost happy that she is gone.
(b) He is less friendly than normal.
(c) He doesn't show signs of grief.
(d) He is terribly depressed.
3. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
(a) Most find God in an attempt to cling to something.
(b) Most refuse to believe that God loves them.
(c) Most already have a deep belief in God.
(d) Most deny that God exists.
4. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
(a) With flowers.
(b) With overwhelming accomodations.
(c) With concerned questions.
(d) With apathy.
5. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
(a) He longs to escape them.
(b) He misses Marie.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He feels as if he is part of a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
2. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
3. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
4. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)