|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Meursault's employer chastise him?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Being distracted.
(c) Inconsistent support of the company.
2. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(b) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(c) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(d) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
3. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Wide and unathletic.
(b) Tall and gangly.
(c) Small and weak.
(d) Short and sturdy.
4. On the Sunday following Meursault's mother's death, where does he spend the afternoon?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) In the funeral home.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the cafe.
5. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
(a) At Celeste's.
(b) As a friend's house.
(c) At the pub.
(d) At his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Meursault to call the police when the commotion is going on in Raymond's apartment?
2. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
3. What does Meursault do when he wakes up in the morning and Marie is gone?
4. As the police leave Raymond's home, what do they tell Raymond to do?
5. Why does Meursault's employer think the job in Paris is a good match for Meursault?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)