|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
(a) The attorney is a family friend.
(b) He finds the attorney in the phone book.
(c) The court appoints the attorney.
(d) The attorney is a recommendation from Raymond.
2. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He asks for help with it.
(c) He plunges into it.
(d) He slowly sifts through it.
3. Which of the following does Meursault NOT notice during his reflections the weekend after his mother's funeral?
(a) The feel of water on his skin.
(b) The sky's colors.
(c) The noise of children fighting.
(d) The scent of Marie on his pillow.
4. What does the attorney find when he interviews people about Meursault's background?
(a) Many people would like Meursault to go to prison.
(b) Many people comment on Meursault's callous behavior.
(c) Many people want Meursault dead.
(d) Many people think Meursault is sensitive.
5. When Meursault returns home after dinner with the odd woman, what news does Salamano give him about the dog?
(a) The dog is in the pound.
(b) The dog has not returned.
(c) The dog is back home.
(d) The dog is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault hear through his walls after talking to Salamano about the missing dog?
2. What does Meursault observe about the physical surroundings of the interrogation room?
3. When Meursault returns to work, how does his employer respond?
4. Where do Meursault and Marie spend the night after their day together?
5. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)