|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spending the day together, where do Meursault and Marie go in the evening after his mother's funeral?
(a) To the cafe.
(b) To his mother's grave site.
(c) To an all-night diner.
(d) To a movie.
2. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(b) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(c) Because he will get to see his friends.
(d) Because he can resume work.
3. The day after Meursault and Marie spend the night together, when does Meursault try to contact her?
(a) He doesn't try to contact her.
(b) Late in the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Within an hour of her leaving.
4. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(b) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
(c) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(d) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
5. What does Marie think of the lunch that Meursault cooks for her?
(a) She thinks that it is adequate.
(b) She says she isn't hungry and doesn't eat it.
(c) She thinks that it is wonderful.
(d) She thinks that it is terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meursault regard interruptions to his work schedule?
2. After enduring many interrogations, how does Meursault feel about his surroundings?
3. When Raymond opens his door during the commotion, what is obvious?
4. Who accompanies Raymond to the police station as a witness?
5. What else does Meursault believe has changed with his mother's death?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)