|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond do with the letter to his mistress?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He sends it to his mistress.
(c) He saves it for future use.
(d) He throws it in the water.
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
3. What is Meursault's feelings about his and Marie's upcoming marriage?
(a) He is very excited.
(b) He is dreading the wedding.
(c) He has no emotions regarding it.
(d) He is angry about it.
4. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By returning to her favorite places.
(c) By avoiding people.
(d) Through his interactions with friends.
5. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They invite him into their homes.
(b) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They feel bad for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meursault find his attorney?
2. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
3. How does imprisonment and interrogation change Meursault's belief in God?
4. How does Marie feel about the job Meursault was offered in Paris?
5. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)