|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meursault show grief the weekend following his mother's death?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Through his interactions with friends.
(c) By returning to her favorite places.
(d) By avoiding people.
2. Who writes a letter to Raymond's mistress begging her to return?
(a) Raymond's brother.
(b) His mistress's brother.
3. When the sun sets the Sunday after his mother's funeral, what does Meursault think?
(a) He will miss the weekend.
(b) He has lived through another Sunday.
(c) He decides it is almost time for the sun to set on himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to work on Monday.
4. Why doesn't Salamano want to check the pound for his dog?
(a) He thinks that the pound is creepy.
(b) He would have to pay a fee to get it back.
(c) He will be upset if the dog is not there.
(d) He is afraid the dog is hurt.
5. Why is Meursault relieved about the Monday after his mother's funeral?
(a) Because he won't have to do much at work.
(b) Because Monday was his mother's favorite day.
(c) Because he can resume work.
(d) Because he will get to see his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, how do most people who have been accused of murder receive God?
2. How does the proposal between Marie and Meursault occur?
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
4. How does Marie react to the news that Meursault's mother has died only one day before she spends the day with Meursault?
5. How do the other tenants respond to the commotion in Raymond's apartment?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)