|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) To the park for a walk.
(b) Home to take a nap.
(c) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(d) Back to work.
2. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
(a) Insulting her and kicking her out.
(b) Welcoming her back in.
(c) Setting down clear rules.
(d) Allowing her to stay but cutting her off financially.
3. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
(a) The cold temperature and darkness.
(b) The show of support by his friends.
(c) The sun shining through the blinds.
(d) People shouting for his beheading.
4. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) How lucky he is to have Marie.
(b) The stark reality of marriage.
(c) Killing Marie.
(d) Running off to Paris.
5. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(b) It was bound to happen one day.
(c) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
2. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
3. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
4. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
5. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)