|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salamano say in his testimony?
(a) That Meursault was kind during the disappearance of his dog.
(b) That Meursault was a stoic individual.
(c) That Meursault had very few friends.
(d) That Meursault was an odd soul who lived in the apartments.
2. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To Raymond's house.
(b) To the doctor's house.
(c) To the hospital in town.
(d) To the beach house.
3. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) All eventually turn and leave.
(b) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(c) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(d) Raymond shoots the Arab.
4. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
(b) Not well.
5. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His friendship with Meursault.
(b) His love of the beach.
(c) His indecent lifestyle.
(d) His lies on the stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
2. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
3. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
4. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
5. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)