|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His love of the beach.
(b) His friendship with Meursault.
(c) His lies on the stand.
(d) His indecent lifestyle.
2. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
(a) In an alley way.
(b) In a holding room.
(c) In his cell.
(d) In the back of the courtroom.
3. How old does Meursault say that his mother was at the time of her death?
(c) He doesn't know.
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(b) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(c) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(d) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
5. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He asks for help with it.
(b) He slowly sifts through it.
(c) He avoids it.
(d) He plunges into it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
2. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
3. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
4. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
5. What does Perez testify about in court?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)