|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He avoids it.
(b) He asks for help with it.
(c) He slowly sifts through it.
(d) He plunges into it.
2. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
(b) Pot pie.
(d) Boiled potatoes.
3. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
(a) It should be relatively brief.
(b) It will be canceled.
(c) It is expected to be record breaking.
(d) It will take several weeks.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is grateful.
(b) He feels she is unfaithful.
(c) He feels she is abusive.
(d) He feels she is loving.
5. After asking Meursault to confirm his identity, what question does the Magistrate ask him?
(a) Why he sent his mother to the nursing home.
(b) Why he killed the Arab.
(c) Why he is in prison.
(d) Why he wrote the letter for Raymond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of case is to follow Meursault's in court?
2. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
3. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
5. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)