|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To Raymond's house.
(b) To the beach house.
(c) To the hospital in town.
(d) To the doctor's house.
2. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
(a) People shouting for his beheading.
(b) The cold temperature and darkness.
(c) The show of support by his friends.
(d) The sun shining through the blinds.
3. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As fake.
(b) As odd.
(c) As kind.
(d) As unrealistic.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is unfaithful.
(b) He feels she is abusive.
(c) He feels she is loving.
(d) He feels she is grateful.
5. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Short and sturdy.
(b) Small and weak.
(c) Wide and unathletic.
(d) Tall and gangly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
2. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
3. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
5. On the Sunday that he, Raymond, and Marie go to the beach, how does Meursault feel in the morning?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)