|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
2. What blinds Meursault before he shoots the Arab?
(a) The sun light off of a knife.
(b) The Arab stabbing him.
(c) The sun light off the water.
(d) A punch from behind.
3. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
(c) Masson's wife.
4. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(b) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
(c) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(d) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
5. What is Raymond's physical structure?
(a) Small and weak.
(b) Short and sturdy.
(c) Tall and gangly.
(d) Wide and unathletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
2. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
3. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
4. What do the women do while the men take a walk after lunch at the beach house?
5. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)