|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meursault enters the courtroom, what is he overcome by?
(a) The sun shining through the blinds.
(b) People shouting for his beheading.
(c) The cold temperature and darkness.
(d) The show of support by his friends.
2. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(b) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(c) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(d) All eventually turn and leave.
3. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
(a) He slowly sifts through it.
(b) He plunges into it.
(c) He avoids it.
(d) He asks for help with it.
4. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He is looking for someone to fight.
(b) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(c) He wants to go for a swim.
(d) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
5. How does Meursault view Raymond's desire to be his friend?
(a) As unrealistic.
(b) As kind.
(c) As fake.
(d) As odd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Raymond's physical structure?
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, where does he eat lunch?
3. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
4. How many times does Meursault shoot the Arab?
5. When Meursault finds the Arab man next to the water, how does the Arab react?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)