|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond testifies, for what is he criticized?
(a) His lies on the stand.
(b) His love of the beach.
(c) His friendship with Meursault.
(d) His indecent lifestyle.
2. The injuries that Raymond receives from the knife fight can be described by which of the following words?
(a) Life threatening.
3. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
(a) He notices their distant looks.
(b) He notices that they are squinting.
(c) He notices their eyes on him.
(d) He notices their lack of attention.
4. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
(a) He feels she is abusive.
(b) He feels she is loving.
(c) He feels she is unfaithful.
(d) He feels she is grateful.
5. As Meursault waits for his trial, what does he notice about the noise in the courtroom?
(a) There is much commotion.
(b) It is completely quiet.
(c) There are hushed whispers.
(d) There is a consistent tapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
2. On the first day that Meursault returns to work, who does he meet for lunch?
3. Why is Raymond's hand bandaged when Meursault comes over for dinner?
4. What is Meursault looking for when he finds the Arab man lying near the water?
5. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)