|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Masson take Raymond for the treatment of his cuts on the beach?
(a) To the hospital in town.
(b) To the beach house.
(c) To Raymond's house.
(d) To the doctor's house.
2. On the day of his trial, where is Meursault taken in handcuffs?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Throught the streets.
(d) To an undisclosed location.
3. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
(a) A man he does not recognize.
(b) The Arab that has been stalking him.
4. What does Raymond say regarding Meursault's mother's death?
(a) It is an excuse for Meursault to become a criminal.
(b) It is a sad occasion which Meursault should never forget.
(c) It was bound to happen one day.
(d) It should prevent Meursault from going to work.
5. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
(a) He wants to go for a swim.
(b) He doesn't want to see Marie.
(c) He is looking for someone to fight.
(d) He is overcome with heat exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
2. On the day of his trial, where does Meursault wait for his trial to begin?
3. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
4. Why does Meursault feel sleepy and dizzy walking after lunch at the beach house?
5. What does Perez testify about in court?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)