|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
(a) The stark reality of marriage.
(b) How lucky he is to have Marie.
(c) Killing Marie.
(d) Running off to Paris.
2. When Raymond and Meursault encounter the two Arabs, what results from them staring each other down with their weapons?
(a) The Arabs attack Raymond again.
(b) Raymond shoots the Arab.
(c) Meursault shoots the Arab.
(d) All eventually turn and leave.
3. Why does Meursault take so much pleasure in washing his hands on the morning he returns to work?
(a) The towel hasn't yet gotten too wet from daily use.
(b) The sound of the running water reminds him of the beach.
(c) He is up from his desk and avoiding work.
(d) The warmth of the water reminds him of Marie.
4. Who reads the witness list in the courtroom?
(a) Meursault's attorney.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The first witness.
(d) The guard.
5. Who prepares lunch at the beach house?
(c) Masson's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meursault notice about the jury and pressmen in the courtroom?
2. How does Raymond feel that his mistress is treating him?
3. What does Raymond plan on doing when his mistress returns?
4. What has Meursault's attorney told him about the trial?
5. While Masson is helping Raymond attend to his injuries, what does Meursault do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)